What's new

Pakistan develops homemade anti-Covid vaccine 'PakVac' By Chinese help.

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Single dose CanSino vaccine to be available for citizens by May end

The first batch of bulk CanSino vaccine is being processed at the National Institute of Health’s plant

News Desk
May 24, 2021

reuters file

Ministry of National Health Services announced on Monday that the first batch of China’s single-dose CanSino COVID-19 vaccine would be available for administration to the citizens by the end of May after thorough rigorous quality control checks.

"The first batch of bulk CanSino vaccine is being processed at the National Institute of Health’s plant, which was set up for this purpose last month, and a specially trained team is working on it," according to an official of the ministry,

The official added that due to the agreement on technology transfer, the NIH would be able to produce three million doses per month which would significantly reduce the country’s dependence on other countries.

Earlier, it was reported that the much-awaited vaccine supply under the World Health Organisation’s COVAX programme began, with the first batch, comprising 1.23 million doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca jabs, reaching Pakistan, the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) said.

The NCOC, the unified government effort against the pandemic, also said in a statement that out of the 3.5 million SinoVac doses, a consignment of 1 million jabs would reach the country while another batch of 1 million doses would arrive between May 13-15.

The government is procuring vaccine to boost the nationwide vaccination campaign, which started in the first week of February. So far, 10.19 million doses of different vaccines – Sinopharm, SinoVac and CanSino – have been procured from China.

Pakistan was supposed to receive 17 million jabs of Oxford's AstraZeneca vaccine under the COVAX program in March, which was halted by a ban on the export of vaccines by neighbouring India. In March, officials had said that the country had placed orders for a total 30 million jabs.

This news seems a bit wrong. My mother got single dose CanSino vaccine back in April through government vaccination at SIUT. Oddly enough my father got the two dose Sinopharm from same SIUT, although his registration/appointment was about 3 weeks earlier than my mother.

I think what the news report wanted to say was the first batch of 'locally produced' CanSino would be applied by May end. The government employed two different strategies, one was to buy CanSino directly in the millions and to also to speed up the process bought the raw material for it to produce it locally as well.

Pakistan has population of over 220+ million people. So how many people have been inoculated so far? How long will it take to inoculated the entire population?

This news seems a bit wrong. My mother got single dose CanSino vaccine back in April through government vaccination at SIUT. Oddly enough my father got the two dose Sinopharm from same SIUT, although his registration/appointment was about 3 weeks earlier than my mother.

I think what the news report wanted to say was the first batch of 'locally produced' CanSino would be applied by May end. The government employed two different strategies, one was to buy CanSino directly in the millions and to also to speed up the process bought the raw material for it to produce it locally as well.

Yes, this is locally produced .
"The first batch of bulk CanSino vaccine is being processed at the National Institute of Health’s plant, which was set up for this purpose last month, and a specially trained team is working on it," according to an official of the ministry, .

Pakistan has population of over 220+ million people. So how many people have been inoculated so far? How long will it take to inoculated the entire population?
The aim is to vaccinate all above 18+ so that means around 100mill. Of those 100mill we have vaccinated about 6 mill and each day around 250,000 are vaccinated. The pace of vaccination has picked up recently.

By the end of June it is expected that around 15-20 million people would be vaccinated which is roughly 15-20% of target.

An official from the Ministry of National Health Services has said that due to the agreement on technology transfer, the NIH would be able to produce three million doses per month.

NHS had announced that the first batch of China’s single-dose CanSino Covid-19 vaccine would be available for administration to the citizens by the end of May.

"The first batch of bulk CanSino vaccine is being processed at the National Institute of Health’s plant, which was set up for this purpose last month, and a specially trained team is working on it," the official said earlier this month.

On Friday, the National Assembly was informed that Pakistan has started local production of anti-Covid vaccine.

Parliamentary Secretary for NHS Nausheen Hamid told the house during question hour that the first batch of CanSino vaccine is currently being manufactured at the NIH.

Helpful initiative

• 4 Million / Month , with Population of 200 million means , almost 4 years to produce necessary 95% vaccination

Still need about 5 million vaccines to 7 Million Vaccines from outside to boost numbers

Manufacturing the capacity locally is a ideal thing also to boost the capacity further

Last edited:
Of all the countries this NEWS RAG has to highlight the rich and poor divide in Pakistan. Pathetic hatred and bias of this country. It is like they are always looking for something on Pakistan. I can guarantee you similar or worse issues as highlighted exist in many of developing countries.

Last edited:
Of all the countries this NEWS RAG has to highlight the rich and poor divide in Pakistan. Pathetic hatred and bias of this country. It is like they are always looking for something on Pakistan. I can guarantee you similar issues as highlighted exist in many of developing countries.

Even in the village of AJK people are getting vaccine, so what a load of bias. I applaud Pakistan government, they handled it well plus we know they are trying their best so that should be good enough for us. PakVac shows the commitment.

Even in the village of AJK people are getting vaccine, so what a load of bias. I applaud Pakistan government, they handled it well plus we know they are trying their best so that should be good enough for us. PakVac shows the commitment.
Exactly, I don’t know what fucking BS this is when all of America is dying of covid. I actually tried to get privately vaccinated in Pakistan first, thought my free dose could go to a more deserving person since I can pay, but they didn’t have any, meanwhile the way NCOC and the government have set up vaccinations is so damn impressive, it takes 3 seconds to register, you can change where you want to get vaccinated, and most of the hospitals, even in the middle of nowhere, have proper desks and setups for this, they even come home with you to vaccinate anyone who can’t go outside the house.

Helpful initiative

• 4 Million / Month , with Population of 200 million means , almost 4 years to produce necessary 95% vaccination

Still need about 5 million vaccines to 7 Million Vaccines from outside to boost numbers

Manufacturing the capacity locally is a ideal thing also to boost the capacity further
pakistan needs to vaccine 130m people sir

Pakistan to change name of locally-developed Covid-19 vaccine to CanSino Bio
  • NIH cites name sensitivity as reason for reverting
  • 'PakVac' was published on the first batch of the vaccine
Aisha Mahmood
26 May 2021

The National Institute of Health (NIH) is considering reverting to using the name CanSino Bio for the Chinese single-dose coronavirus vaccine being produced at the institute.

120,000 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine have been packed at the NIH, while a launching ceremony is expected to be held by the end of May. For the first batch of 500 doses, the NIH used PakVac, but now it is considering using the name CanSino Bio on the remaining vaccine batches.

"There has been a change of mind and the vaccine would be called CanSino Bio as the Chinese are sensitive about the names of their products," an official of the NIH was quoted as saying on the Dawn.com website.

The vaccine made at the NIH with the help of China’s CanSino Biologics, has passed the rigorous internal QA testing.The institute will be able to produce three million doses per month that would help in significantly reducing Pakistan's dependence on other countries for Covid-19 vaccine.

As many as 2,724 new cases of the coronavirus were detected across Pakistan in the last 24 hours. 65 more people died from the virus, taking the death toll to 20,465.

Back
Top Bottom