What's new

Pakistan: Coming Coup, The Final Solution

Idea to ban current politicians for 30 years is good. Let the fresh blood takes over politics but make sure it should not be a family affair like PPP.

The problem is what certainty do we have that the next lot installed in place would not end up being just as corrupt as this lot. we have started the basic steps towards setting up a system. Let it run through and see what comes out of it. Sure things will not change in a decade and pakistan will most likely face bankruptcy again, but the point is if a system gets installed properly, it would bring in changes which will eventually rectify this country's problems.
I dont think army is the answer to this conundrum. Individual enterprises making decisions(which is what COAS would do) are not in pakistan's favour. Plus you will loose all sense of credibility in the world.
the thought of revolution is a good one and we have all grown up thinking a revolution will come. I can see this more clearly than before. However, be warned a revolution will cause a lot of blood shed. I foresee every house hold being affected by it. Do we want to pay this price and see our loved ones dying in front of our eyes? It will come but are we willing to pay the price for it.
WaSalam
Araz

The Hindu-Nazi-Zionists. I swear to god I didn't make up this term.

Now Now Lets not Lie

**Thinks of all the post made here about anti-Palistians, anti-pakistan, Muslims and the atrocity that took place many times in India against non-hindu's.

Dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream until your dream come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on...

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tears
Sing with me, if its just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away

i dont think the coup will happen
kayani stays away from politics as much as possible

"Military training and ‘patriotic mind making’ of 2 years must become compulsory for every citizen who reaches the age of 18. "

I love this idea.
If every person in Pakistan had this mentality and sheer willpower, we'd be in much better shape now.

Or maybe you'll end up as tortured brutes like the Russians.

Nope, don't think so, a good injection of nationalism and pride of your own people won't hurt much, it actually brings a sense of unity.
Look at your own country, the little children are taught the very basics of the American way of life, the U.S. national anthem, their ancestors, their forefathers, everything.
Americans are pretty patriotic and confident, and this has also helped them in the long run.

Do I see currently any stability aside from Only American/West and now Indian Intervention in all the departments of the govt??? Alright lets wait 5 more years so that after that Pakistan is declared officially a Terrorist base and Sanctioned by UN and West currently this govt is doing a good paint job for US/West:)

There are 2 things that shock me about this thread.

1. The fact that a post like this appears:
Can we decide now who is going to get blamed for the upcoming coup? Will it be the Zionists, the Americans, RAW, the Afghan Taliban, or (shocking!) Pakistanis themselves?

It is then followed in other posts by pointing fingers at anyone but yourselves.

What is wrong? Simple you are like others on the collective subcontinent oh so quick to find an external source for your ills. Many problems stem from within but I seldom see anyone wanting to take that path.
Yes it is easy for the politicians to point to outside sources of problems that get the public of their backs. But here in this forum collective there are enough of you to be able to see, as the saying goes, “beyond the end of your nose”. You are not short sighted like politicians but you all behave like them, short sighted.
Many of you are working/studying overseas you must be able to see what is there and compare things back to home. In that you should be able to see what is needed for your country to make it work as a good nation and succeed.
But no every one has a blinkered view and this is detrimental to your nation.

2. Many here say you don’t want a coup. Fine I would agree it is a bad thing and will have major consequences, especially if it happens soon.
But what has anyone said about making sure this does not occur.
Nothing has been stated.
Democracy does not make things happen out of thin air. Politicians don’t make it happen that way either. They need to be shown what is needed.
This has to come from the people by the people making demands.
By having their voice heard.
By people here having long look and discussion on what their nation needs to prosper
By taking those ideas and getting them disseminated.
By getting the media to wake up, question political issues and demand answers.

Also NONE of this requires militancy, demonstrations or any form of civil unrest. It just needs people of the nation to realise they are the government. Politicians are there to represent the people hear their voices and do that bidding. Everyone seems to act as if it is the other way around. That is not democracy.

But then do you really want democracy?

OK rant over, return to your quiet life..

You may not like what I have written but take a look at your posts, anything constructive there?

There are 2 things that shock me about this thread.

1. The fact that a post like this appears:
Can we decide now who is going to get blamed for the upcoming coup? Will it be the Zionists, the Americans, RAW, the Afghan Taliban, or (shocking!) Pakistanis themselves?

It is then followed in other posts by pointing fingers at anyone but yourselves.

What is wrong? Simple you are like others on the collective subcontinent oh so quick to find an external source for your ills. Many problems stem from within but I seldom see anyone wanting to take that path.
Yes it is easy for the politicians to point to outside sources of problems that get the public of their backs. But here in this forum collective there are enough of you to be able to see, as the saying goes, “beyond the end of your nose”. You are not short sighted like politicians but you all behave like them, short sighted.
Many of you are working/studying overseas you must be able to see what is there and compare things back to home. In that you should be able to see what is needed for your country to make it work as a good nation and succeed.
But no every one has a blinkered view and this is detrimental to your nation.

2. Many here say you don’t want a coup. Fine I would agree it is a bad thing and will have major consequences, especially if it happens soon.
But what has anyone said about making sure this does not occur.
Nothing has been stated.
Democracy does not make things happen out of thin air. Politicians don’t make it happen that way either. They need to be shown what is needed.
This has to come from the people by the people making demands.
By having their voice heard.
By people here having long look and discussion on what their nation needs to prosper
By taking those ideas and getting them disseminated.
By getting the media to wake up, question political issues and demand answers.

Also NONE of this requires militancy, demonstrations or any form of civil unrest. It just needs people of the nation to realise they are the government. Politicians are there to represent the people hear their voices and do that bidding. Everyone seems to act as if it is the other way around. That is not democracy.

But then do you really want democracy?

OK rant over, return to your quiet life..

You may not like what I have written but take a look at your posts, anything constructive there?

Interesting Artical

America represents ‘true’ Islamic principles
"America may be the most Islamic country in the world. With our Bill of Rights and our national history, we have struggled to implement the central Islamic principle which commands pluralism in matters of gender, race, national origin and religion."
By Tammam Adi and Patricia Adi.

Afghanistan's Taliban government has outlawed work and education for women in the name of Islam. Is this based on Islamic scripture? Definitely not.

The prophet of Islam, Muhammad, was hired by a businesswoman named Khadija. She later proposed to him and they had a happy marriage which lasted until she died. And Muhammad said, "Seeking knowledge is a religious duty for every Muslim man and woman." The Prophet also said, "The best of you is the one who treats his wife best."

In fact, singing under the balcony of the beloved, kissing a lady's hand, kneeling before the fiancee and other European gallantries were inspired by the Islamic treatment of women in the Middle Ages.

The abuse of women in some Islamic countries is therefore clearly unIslamic. What the Taliban are doing with women is merely an authoritarian measure they claim is based on Islam. It has as little to do with Islam as a burning cross has to do with Jesus.

The Quran states that women have the same rights as they have duties. Men and women are addressed as equal in many verses. Spousal disputes are resolved by mediation and although the fathers are responsible for child support and alimony, the Quran prohibits using children to harrass divorced fathers or mothers.

Another example is the Shiite "Islamic revolutionaries" of Iran, who call America "the Great Satan." In many Muslim countries ruled by more or less undemocratic governments, there is propaganda against America as an enemy of Islam. Some American "experts" claim that Islam is hostile to the American way of life.

But the Islamic scripture, the Quran, proclaims just the opposite. "O humanity, I have created you all from one man and one woman and spread you out into races and nations so that you recognize each other as members of one family. The only difference between you is the one God will make in the hereafter, based on your faith and behavior."

In Islamic Spain, Muslims, Christians and Jews lived as brothers and sisters in one society. Spanish Muslims implemented another Quranic verse, "There should be no compulsion in religion" (freedom of religion). This period, from the 8th to the 15th centuries, is remembered as the Golden Age of religious tolerance.

What we hear today, instead of religious pluralism, is the polarization of some authoritarian governments, which use an "us versus them" mentality to rally unhappy people around an oppressive government.

Fundamentalist and radical "Islamic" organizations and governments are a result of authoritarian thinking that has nothing to do with the religion of Islam and its holy books.

The Quran says, "Do not spy on each other" (protection from illegal search). "Do not pressure clerks or witnesses" (no coerced testimony, no self-incrimination but also no subpoenas). The Islamic burden of proof must stand up to many rigorous tests before a guilty verdict is pronounced. For example, prosecutors must bring good eyewitnesses or they will be punished. Muslim judges have to encourage the accused to recant their confessions. These practices, which are aimed at protecting the innocent and giving the guilty maximum rights, fly in the face of what we hear about "Islamic justice," with military tribunals, summary executions, and so on.

Of course, authoritarian governments and the "Muslim" organizations they foster keep misquoting the Quran and using it out of context. And you can get away with misquoting and misusing any holy book if there is no free press and no public discussion.

Authoritarianism has been ruling Muslim populations for centuries. Colonialism followed during the last two centuries. The peoples' attempts to be free and democratic have been crushed over and over. Defeatism and despair are widespread. Poverty and fear are everywhere. Without help from powerful nations, it is very unlikely that people will be able to free themselves, as the example of Iraq and Afghanistan shows.

When a friend of ours was visiting his relatives in Indonesia, he asked a Muslim scholar about the "true Islam" as opposed to the many misrepresentations of Islam. The scholar answered, "If you want to know what true Islam is, go back to America and ask the people there. Americans are the ones who know best what true Islam is about."

America may be the most Islamic country in the world. With our Bill of Rights and our national history, we have struggled to implement the central Islamic principle which commands pluralism in matters of gender, race, national origin and religion. An American-born Islamic scholar believes that the visions of some of our founding fathers were inspired by Islamic history.

It is ironic that in 1492, the Spanish monarchy not only conquered the last Islamic-pluralistic city-state of Granada, but also sent Christopher Columbus to discover the New World, where a second great pluralistic society took root.

http://www.islamfortoday.com/adi05.htm:pakistan::usflag:

atleast things have started improving on economic front. peace deal in swat is also a gud sign that gov is not really taking orders from US. the way mumbai incident have been handled is also quite reasonable.
also in case of coup how do u think things will change. except for sending a wrong signal to international community that pakistan is instable. this will only give them another reason to target our nukes and blame us more for their failures. investment will stop comin in for another year. also remember our brothers living in two of our main provinces are not big fan of PA.
incase coup doesnt happen and we see mid term elections, who is gonna replace PPP??? may be PML-N??? i dont think if they are any better than PPP. there is not much difference bw the two except that ppl in PML-N like wearing shalwar kamiz while PPP is more in favour of three piece suit.
i wouldnt mind this gov for another 4 yrs atleast for the sake of stability.

ajpirzada;dear sir
atleast things have started improving on economic front. :lol:
80 rupees per 1 USD?:rofl:things improving on economic front:rofl:

Coup will not solve anything, infact its going to worsen the whole situation to a whole new level reason being in democratic setup, government has to subject to the will of the people, take the example of Swat, people wanted Sharia law, it was implemented, however if there was a coup in place, this would have never happened, meaning more bloodshed.
Though i am not a fan of Zardari and his group, still am a firm believer of this viewpoint that the government should be allowed to work and work for 5 years with all their deficiencies, when people will suffer perhaps it will put some sense into their thick skulls and they will be more careful with their decision making in the future. Let people make mistakes and then learn from it and rectify it instead of being dictated again and again.

atleast things have started improving on economic front. peace deal in swat is also a gud sign that gov is not really taking orders from US. the way mumbai incident have been handled is also quite reasonable.
also in case of coup how do u think things will change. except for sending a wrong signal to international community that pakistan is instable. this will only give them another reason to target our nukes and blame us more for their failures. investment will stop comin in for another year. also remember our brothers living in two of our main provinces are not big fan of PA.
incase coup doesnt happen and we see mid term elections, who is gonna replace PPP??? may be PML-N??? i dont think if they are any better than PPP. there is not much difference bw the two except that ppl in PML-N like wearing shalwar kamiz while PPP is more in favour of three piece suit.
i wouldnt mind this gov for another 4 yrs atleast for the sake of stability.

Are you living in dreams? Or your dad is PPP member? [with your name its prtty clear] Anyone supporting this government should either be a nutcase or a traitor esp when talking about 'economic front'.

Pakistan won't be saving itself by a coup. Will a coup, by itself, disarm Baitullah Mehsud's growing ambitions? If not, does your military intend to share power with Mehsud? If not, does your military intend to make war upon him?

If war with the TTP, does your military believe that the global community will stand behind a military gov't better than your deposed civilians? I suspect that much of the rest of mankind will roundly reject a return to military rule. Count that rejection in terms of dollars, at least where the U.S. Congress is concerned.

Further, why would war be an option later under military rule but likely less global support; or thought to have chances of success then which can't be found now?

We'd be MASSIVELY disappointed.

I don't like the outcomes of any of the above and I see nothing else. Mehsud won't disappear because a military government has emerged in Pakistan. Co-existence between a junta and the taliban might be the product of some feverish nuclear nightmare. War would be better, but not by much.

Back
Top Bottom