What's new

Pakistan:Atleast 17 killed in Balochistan attack.

Death Rattle

BANNED
Reaction score
17 killed as fuel station attacked in SW Pakistan.
2 November 2012, 16:13 (GMT+04:00)

At least 17 people including five women and three children were killed and several others injured when a fuel station was attacked by unknown gunmen in Pakistan's southwest town of Khuzdar on Friday afternoon, Xinhua reported according to local media.
Quoting unidentified official sources, Ajj News reported that some unknown gunmen driving a car opened fire at the fuel station when a passenger van stopped there for refueling in Khuzdar area, a main town in the country's southwest province of Balochistan.
There were an estimated 16 people including women and kids on the van which was heading towards Qambar area from Khuzdar. Eight passengers were killed on the spot while a dozen others including fuel station staff and passersby were shifted to hospital, where nine of them later succumbed to serious burnt injuries.
Some of the bullets hit petrol drums which caused a huge fire, engulfing fuel station, the passenger van, two motorbikes and four neighboring shops.
The fire was later extinguished by paramilitary troops and fire fighters. No group claimed responsibility for the attack yet. The attackers fled towards unidentified direction following the incident and the police are clueless about them yet.
The identities of the victims have not been determined yet, but in similar incidents in the past, passenger vans were targeted in Balochistan on the basis of sectarian confrontation.
Talking to media few hours before the incident, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said that militants are targeting innocent people and law enforcement institutions in the province.
He held separatist political group Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) responsible for unrest and deteriorating law and order situation in Balochistan.

17 killed as fuel station attacked in SW Pakistan - Trend.Az

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.asp?id=105337

Updated: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:15:21 GMT | By Agence France-Presse
Pakistan van attack kills at least 18

At least 18 people were killed Friday in a huge blaze that erupted after gunmen opened fire on a passenger van at a petrol station in restive southwest Pakistan, officials said.

Seven women and four children sitting in the van were among the dead, senior local official Abdul Mansoor Kakar told AFP, and a number of shopkeepers were killed as the inferno consumed nearby shops.

Senior local official Abdul Mansoor Kakar told AFP that unknown gunmen opened fire on the van, igniting petrol drums by the roadside and triggering a massive inferno.

The fire gutted nearby shops and two shopkeepers were among the dead.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

Baluchistan is one of Pakistan's most impoverished and dangerous provinces, despite having large unexploited reserves of gas and oil, and is plagued by sectarian violence as well as attacks by Taliban militants and separatist insurgents.

Pakistan van attack kills at least 18 - Latest news around the world and developments close to home - MSN Malaysia News

I can bet it was a sectarian pogrom! Why can't the Sunnis and Shias learn to co-exist?

RIP to the innocents killed.

Very sad, RIP.

Now ask Hamid Mir & other dumbs like him isn't this terrorism?

Death to terrorists.

BLA zindabad

with India's support This bloody Baloch insurgency will continue for ever...

BLA zindabad

with India's support This bloody Baloch insurgency will continue for ever...

Sipah E Sahiba is your own strategic asset and your own Punjabi politicians in Lahore are quite chummy with these boys. Its quite open and obvious, hence it misses your attention. I understand.

shiite_rana_sanaullah_ssp_chief.jpg

Its difficult to criticize something like this in Pakistan , when Pakistan implicitly (and sometimes explicitly) justifies groups that indulge in similar actions in Afghanistan and India..

As always, its the innocent civilian who ends up paying the prize.. R.I.P

R.I.P to the dead.

At one place people ask for proof of Hafeez Saeed and LeT behind Mumbai attack and Pakistan's involvement whereas at the same time blame India for BLA support without providing one. Hypocrisy much.

You guys, if have any proof, why not bring in front of the world and blame India for it ?

Its difficult to criticize something like this in Pakistan , when Pakistan implicitly (and sometimes explicitly) justifies groups that indulge in similar actions in Afghanistan and India..

As always, its the innocent civilian who ends up paying the prize.. R.I.P

Pakistanis do this because of the because of the behavior of Afghans and Bharatis. Both support and harbor terrorism and violence in neighboring countries. Afghans support TTP. You as a Bharati is facing difficulty of criticizing this act of terrorism. Same is the situation for Pakistanis.

It is just a tit for tat case. Don't generalize all Pakistanis when you do the same.

Pakistanis do this because of the because of the behavior of Afghans and Bharatis. Both support and harbor terrorism and violence in neighboring countries. Afghans support TTP. You as a Bharati is facing difficulty of criticizing this act of terrorism. Same is the situation for Pakistanis.

It is just a tit for tat case. Don't generalize all Pakistanis when you do the same.

When I say Pakistan, I do not mean all Pakistanis.. Just the Pakistani Govt and some Pakistani fanboys (who I hope are a minority in Pakistani population) on this forum

Pakistan is the only country in the world that sponsors and foments islamic Terrorism in the world.....It's the terror capital of the world....Dumb Pakistanis blame India for terrorism in Pakistan(which is actually created by themselves) because they don't have anything to defend when the world holds Pakistan responsible for global terrorism

Dude India is blamed in order to cover for the governance failure and to deflect attention (of the pakistani people) from the injustices meted out to Balochistan.
Also, India is used to unite people.
R.I.P to the dead.

At one place people ask for proof of Hafeez Saeed and LeT behind Mumbai attack and Pakistan's involvement whereas at the same time blame India for BLA support without providing one. Hypocrisy much.

You guys, if have any proof, why not bring in front of the world and blame India for it ?

Back
Top Bottom