What's new

Pak Government decides to end cheap railway facility

Good question!!! Ask how can a big nation like Pakistan still keeps electing tried and tested politicians who have no delivered in the past? Thats why we cant run those 16 engines.
I think Pakistan is investing more on roads thats why Pakistani railways are in bad shape.....

I think Pakistan is investing more on roads thats why Pakistani railways are in bad shape.....

Not that! Roads aren't out of this world either. Its a political mafia and transport mafia that is not letting the railways prosper. Plus every political government stuffs railways and other state enterprises with their followers. More staff than needed, how can any corporation survive?

So another liar joined the team. Quoting some XYZ News on the internet is the your source, also posting an OLX link which is completely showing as fake. You want us to reply on your pathetic Rumors or what?

IK gave good time to all stupid people who wanted to be called "Educated". to Keep spreading rumors and expect Pakistan will grow.

Man it wasn't any XYZ News, it was The News Tribe, one of most authentic news papers. :lol:

Also 15th Jan, Wednesday: Both Geo and Dunya TV covered this story during their new bulletin, I watched it myself. Will try to find the video for you.. :P

Hummm ..... My avatar is Diogenes, looking for an honest man. I guess Diogenes should not waste his time in Pakistan. So sad .......

The character in your avatar is barely visible in the thumnail view. I won't be surprised if someone mistook it for the statue of liberty. :)

BTW, Diogenes wouldn't bother to look ANYWHERE in today's World.

How can a big nation like Pakistan can have only 16 railway engines?

16 "electric" engines... "hundreds diesel" and half of them probably shitty... locomotive factory at Risalpur has been leased to a private company tht is renovating it and will produce 100 or so engines govt ordered.. lets see...

bhai how many does india have?
More than thousands......
I will try to find an article......

bhai how many does india have?

Indian Railways is the world's ninth largest commercial or utility employer, by number of employees, with over 1.4 million employees. As for rolling stock, IR holds over 239,281 Freight Wagons, 59,713 Passenger Coaches and 9,549 Locomotives (43 steam, 5,197 diesel and 4,309 electric locomotives). The trains have a 5 digit numbering system as the Indian Railways runs about 10,000 trains daily. As of 31 March 2013, 23,541 km (14,628 mi) (36%) of the total 65,000 km (40,000 mi) km route length was electrified.[4] Since 1960, almost all electrified sections on IR use 25,000 Volt AC traction through overhead catenary delivery.

More than thousands......
I will try to find an article......

Indian Railways is the world's ninth largest commercial or utility employer, by number of employees, with over 1.4 million employees. As for rolling stock, IR holds over 239,281 Freight Wagons, 59,713 Passenger Coaches and 9,549 Locomotives (43 steam, 5,197 diesel and 4,309 electric locomotives). The trains have a 5 digit numbering system as the Indian Railways runs about 10,000 trains daily. As of 31 March 2013, 23,541 km (14,628 mi) (36%) of the total 65,000 km (40,000 mi) km route length was electrified.[4] Since 1960, almost all electrified sections on IR use 25,000 Volt AC traction through overhead catenary delivery.
thanks for the info :)

My question to this genius is how Electric train were cheap
- what would be cheaper to run engine directly with diesel or use that diesel to generate electricity first then run railway engine with it

Back
Top Bottom