What's new

Pak China framework agreement on manned Space cooperation

Let's see where to start...oh I know
Corrupt incompetent governments until now
Negligence and funds stolen
Etc

Like what cupcake? Dont troll

He asked a valid question, and I dont sense any sort of hostility in his words. He asks the right question if you Pakistanis start to ask these sort of question from the filth they vote in

Thank You buddy...My intent of question was not to demean Pakistan...Rather i was happy to Pakistan developed in space acience that could help to lauxh rockwt in 1962...I hope your country understand the importance of space technology and develop it further

He asked a valid question, and I dont sense any sort of hostility in his words. He asks the right question if you Pakistanis start to ask these sort of question from the filth they vote in
I do sense hostility you can see i see it in his follow up i dont give Indians any benefit of doubt

ON TOPIC: i think Pakistan not getting into Space early on was a blessing in disguise Space X and Blue origin have turned the industry on its head now traditional space powers and stuck with expensive disposable rockets they dont know what to do with

I think right now is the perfect time there are many space startups and the industry is booming the small sat market is huge and Pakistan should get into it I think a small reusable space x style rocket would be perfect Pakistan should get on it space is the next frontier along with batteries and semiconductors

I do sense hostility you can see i see it in his follow up i dont give Indians any benefit of doubt

ON TOPIC: i think Pakistan not getting into Space early on was a blessing in disguise Space X and Blue origin have turned the industry on its head now traditional space powers and stuck with expensive disposable rockets they dont know what to do with

I think right now is the perfect time there are many space startups and the industry is booming the small sat market is huge and Pakistan should get into it I think a small reusable space x style rocket would be perfect Pakistan should get on it space is the next frontier along with batteries and semiconductors
Nah dont jump the gun sometimes it's best to understand what a person is trying to say.

Regarding both of yours statements, I see space exploration as nothing more than propaganda. Something to keep the people busy talking about. The only practical use there is, is that the form of satellites nothing more and nothing less. There are far more concerning issues at hand then worrying about moon landings or Mars explorations. Let's get real, shall we.
Thank You buddy...My intent of question was not to demean Pakistan...Rather i was happy to Pakistan developed in space acience that could help to lauxh rockwt in 1962...I hope your country understand the importance of space technology and develop it further

haha you answered the question already. Add to that Military coups who put their generals who have no knowledge in Aerospace Engineering at the top. A tradition which is continued even when Civilian govt is ruling.
The generals were and still are the most competent rulers Pakistan had ever had. Stop being ignorant, not all countries and people prefer the same type of rulers or governments. let's get these following words suck in your head so that you can tell and inform the rest of your kin, from making stupid and ignorant statements about foreign lands. PAKISTANIS WERE HAPPY WITH THEIR MILITARY RULERS AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

Nah dont jump the gun sometimes it's best to understand what a person is trying to say.

Regarding both of yours statements, I see space exploration as nothing more than propaganda. Something to keep the people busy talking about. The only practical use there is, is that the form of satellites nothing more and nothing less. There are far more concerning issues at hand then worrying about moon landings or Mars explorations. Let's get real, shall we.

Sure ill calm down but there are going to be collateral damage in a firefight :D

space is the next frontier there is no getting around it

Im sure Muslim rulers had the same attitude when Columbus landed on the new world in 1457 tiny European states like England Netherlands and Portugal were able to build giant empires and amass wealth beyond imaging while we squandered

the moon for example contains resources beyond imagining a tiny asteroid can be worth a trillion thats why nations like India china Russia the US and Europe are just salivating looking at it i dont want Pakistan to get left behind a nation that dreams big becomes big thats why i have sort of a begrudging respecting for the Indians they started small and now are reaping the rewards space is the future besides all the prestige and propaganda factor which has its own benefits Pakistan should get its thumb out its a$$ and get on it

I think manned mission to the moon and mars is a bit far off hopefully it happens in my lifetime but you know...
but a reusable small sat launcher is a good step and needed for our own national security

Launching our own sats with our own rocket is a must for various reason

a little digression: I think should also establish a Battery production facility and our own semiconductor Fab producing and researching mips or risc v processers

Pak must plan to aend its mission to space i know its supwr expebsive but we nust have some know how about space and give scholarships to genius students if pak in space eduxation we need it

Sure ill calm down but there are going to be collateral damage in a firefight :D

space is the next frontier there is no getting around it

Im sure Muslim rulers had the same attitude when Columbus landed on the new world in 1457 tiny European states like England Netherlands and Portugal were able to build giant empires and amass wealth beyond imaging while we squandered

the moon for example contains resources beyond imagining a tiny asteroid can be worth a trillion thats why nations like India china Russia the US and Europe are just salivating looking at it i dont want Pakistan to get left behind a nation that dreams big becomes big thats why i have sort of a begrudging respecting for the Indians they started small and now are reaping the rewards space is the future besides all the prestige and propaganda factor which has its own benefits Pakistan should get its thumb out its a$$ and get on it

I think manned mission to the moon and mars is a bit far off hopefully it happens in my lifetime but you know...
but a reusable small sat launcher is a good step and needed for our own national security

Launching our own sats with our own rocket is a must for various reason

a little digression: I think should also establish a Battery production facility and our own semiconductor Fab producing and researching mips or risc v processers
Oh ya? And what are theses resources? Rocks and sand?

Companies and organizations[edit]
Several organizations have said they are working on asteroid mining, including:

Organisation Type
Planetoid Mines Company Private company
NEO Resource Atlas (NEORA) Private company
Deep Space Industries Private company
Planetary Resources Private company
Moon Express Private company
Kleos Space Private company
TransAstra Private company
Aten Engineering Private company
OffWorld Private company
Asteroid Mining Corporation Ltd. UK[52] Private company
Potential targets[edit]
According to the Asterank database, the following asteroids are considered the best targets for mining if maximum cost-effectiveness is to be achieved (last updated December 2018):[53]

Asteroid Est. Value (US$billion) Est. Profit (US$billion) Δv (km/s) Composition
Ryugu 83 30 4.663 Nickel, iron, cobalt, water, nitrogen, hydrogen, ammonia
1989 ML 14 4 4.889 Nickel, iron, cobalt
Nereus 5 1 4.987 Nickel, iron, cobalt
Bennu 0.7 0.2 5.096 Iron, hydrogen, ammonia, nitrogen
Didymos 62 16 5.162 Nickel, iron, cobalt
2011 UW158 7 2 5.189 Platinum, nickel, iron, cobalt
Anteros 5,570 1,250 5.440 Magnesium silicate, aluminum, iron silicate
2001 CC21 147 30 5.636 Magnesium silicate, aluminum, iron silicate
1992 TC 84 17 5.648 Nickel, iron, cobalt
2001 SG10 3 0.5 5.880 Nickel, iron, cobalt
Economics[edit]
Currently, the quality of the ore and the consequent cost and mass of equipment required to extract it are unknown and can only be speculated. Some economic analyses indicate that the cost of returning asteroidal materials to Earth far outweighs their market value, and that asteroid mining will not attract private investment at current commodity prices and space transportation costs.[54][55] Other studies suggest large profit by using solar power.[56][57] Potential markets for materials can be identified and profit generated if extraction cost is brought down. For example, the delivery of multiple tonnes of water to low Earth orbit for rocket fuel preparation for space tourism could generate a significant profit if space tourism itself proves profitable.[58]

In 1997 it was speculated that a relatively small metallic asteroid with a diameter of 1.6 km (1 mi) contains more than US$20 trillion worth of industrial and precious metals.[7][59] A comparatively small M-type asteroid with a mean diameter of 1 km (0.62 mi) could contain more than two billion metric tons of ironnickel ore,[60] or two to three times the world production of 2004.[61] The asteroid 16 Psyche is believed to contain 1.7×1019 kg of nickel–iron, which could supply the world production requirement for several million years. A small portion of the extracted material would also be precious metals.

Not all mined materials from asteroids would be cost-effective, especially for the potential return of economic amounts of material to Earth. For potential return to Earth, platinum is considered very rare in terrestrial geologic formations and therefore is potentially worth bringing some quantity for terrestrial use. Nickel, on the other hand, is quite abundant and being mined in many terrestrial locations, so the high cost of asteroid mining may not make it economically viable.[62]

Although Planetary Resources indicated in 2012 that the platinum from a 30-meter-long (98 ft) asteroid could be worth US$25–50 billion,[63] an economist remarked any outside source of precious metals could lower prices sufficiently to possibly doom the venture by rapidly increasing the available supply of such metals.[64]

Development of an infrastructure for altering asteroid orbits could offer a large return on investment.[65] Private companies like Planetoid Mines are developing space "tugs" and utilizing the mission parameters from NASA's Asteroid Redirect Mission using a gravitational assist maneuver to redirect an asteroid to cislunar orbit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining

Last edited:
https://www.rt.com/news/310170-platinum-asteroid-2011-uw-158/

This is the future, instead of militarized space missions Pakistan should focus on the economic aspect. The asteroid mining field is relatively level (barring US :usflag: AFAIK) compared to the defence projects, where Pakistan lags behind even India.
Yes and how much to get there and mine it? 10x more then it's worth

Companies and organizations[edit]
Several organizations have said they are working on asteroid mining, including:

Organisation Type
Planetoid Mines Company Private company
NEO Resource Atlas (NEORA) Private company
Deep Space Industries Private company
Planetary Resources Private company
Moon Express Private company
Kleos Space Private company
TransAstra Private company
Aten Engineering Private company
OffWorld Private company
Asteroid Mining Corporation Ltd. UK[52] Private company
Potential targets[edit]
According to the Asterank database, the following asteroids are considered the best targets for mining if maximum cost-effectiveness is to be achieved (last updated December 2018):[53]

Asteroid Est. Value (US$billion) Est. Profit (US$billion) Δv (km/s) Composition
Ryugu 83 30 4.663 Nickel, iron, cobalt, water, nitrogen, hydrogen, ammonia
1989 ML 14 4 4.889 Nickel, iron, cobalt
Nereus 5 1 4.987 Nickel, iron, cobalt
Bennu 0.7 0.2 5.096 Iron, hydrogen, ammonia, nitrogen
Didymos 62 16 5.162 Nickel, iron, cobalt
2011 UW158 7 2 5.189 Platinum, nickel, iron, cobalt
Anteros 5,570 1,250 5.440 Magnesium silicate, aluminum, iron silicate
2001 CC21 147 30 5.636 Magnesium silicate, aluminum, iron silicate
1992 TC 84 17 5.648 Nickel, iron, cobalt
2001 SG10 3 0.5 5.880 Nickel, iron, cobalt
Economics[edit]
Currently, the quality of the ore and the consequent cost and mass of equipment required to extract it are unknown and can only be speculated. Some economic analyses indicate that the cost of returning asteroidal materials to Earth far outweighs their market value, and that asteroid mining will not attract private investment at current commodity prices and space transportation costs.[54][55] Other studies suggest large profit by using solar power.[56][57] Potential markets for materials can be identified and profit generated if extraction cost is brought down. For example, the delivery of multiple tonnes of water to low Earth orbit for rocket fuel preparation for space tourism could generate a significant profit if space tourism itself proves profitable.[58]

In 1997 it was speculated that a relatively small metallic asteroid with a diameter of 1.6 km (1 mi) contains more than US$20 trillion worth of industrial and precious metals.[7][59] A comparatively small M-type asteroid with a mean diameter of 1 km (0.62 mi) could contain more than two billion metric tons of ironnickel ore,[60] or two to three times the world production of 2004.[61] The asteroid 16 Psyche is believed to contain 1.7×1019 kg of nickel–iron, which could supply the world production requirement for several million years. A small portion of the extracted material would also be precious metals.

Not all mined materials from asteroids would be cost-effective, especially for the potential return of economic amounts of material to Earth. For potential return to Earth, platinum is considered very rare in terrestrial geologic formations and therefore is potentially worth bringing some quantity for terrestrial use. Nickel, on the other hand, is quite abundant and being mined in many terrestrial locations, so the high cost of asteroid mining may not make it economically viable.[62]

Although Planetary Resources indicated in 2012 that the platinum from a 30-meter-long (98 ft) asteroid could be worth US$25–50 billion,[63] an economist remarked any outside source of precious metals could lower prices sufficiently to possibly doom the venture by rapidly increasing the available supply of such metals.[64]

Development of an infrastructure for altering asteroid orbits could offer a large return on investment.[65] Private companies like Planetoid Mines are developing space "tugs" and utilizing the mission parameters from NASA's Asteroid Redirect Mission using a gravitational assist maneuver to redirect an asteroid to cislunar orbit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining
Same question

The generals were and still are the most competent rulers Pakistan had ever had. Stop being ignorant, not all countries and people prefer the same type of rulers or governments. let's get these following words suck in your head so that you can tell and inform the rest of your kin, from making stupid and ignorant statements about foreign lands. PAKISTANIS WERE HAPPY WITH THEIR MILITARY RULERS AND ALWAYS WILL BE.
LOL! Please re-read what I said, I couldn't care any less about your state being dictatorship or civilian. What I'm talking about is your Space agency which have Military officers with Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degrees.
I understand they want to keep strategic assets closer, but by doing so you have made SUPARCO into an incompetent agency which is stuck in 1960's.

Yes and how much to get there and mine it? 10x more then it's worth

Right now it's not even possible so the cost is indefinite but when it's viable maybe 30-40 years down the line it will be a momentous occasion for humanity. You have to start somewhere maybe the first projects incur a loss but that's ok that's what all space travel is as of right now in the monetary sense.

This is great however I would like to see world class Space Observatory constructed in Pakistan , together with Radio signal based space research and other similar avenues

Pakistan does need to spend more on Space Science, as for question by Chhatrapati, it was Civilian Gov't of Nawaz that lost 3 or 4 Geo-Synch Sat spots as during his time he didn't let agencies buy / lease sats as place holder for them. So it's not the total fault of guys in "Khaki or Green," some of the Civis selected by Junta are/were the worst enemies of certain projects in Pakistan.

For some who questions as to what could be gained by exploring asteroids / Moon or other planets ?, well the resources on this blue marble are getting used up and mankind will need to look else where for future needs. You can be one of the nations that can travel and extract resources or can be one of the nations that will have to buy on market and that is if the seller is willing to sell to you.

I thought we are talking about indegenous technology here...Not to build a aircraft of other countries...
upload_2019-6-28_20-38-37.jpeg

LOL on your comments

Thank you China and we have a great future together:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom