What's new

Pak censor board blocks release of Raees as content ‘undermines Islam’

Lol...Atlast....SRK gets taste of 'intolerance' from across the border!!
SRK is naive but we will make things normal again. This is just a temporary drawback. So many Pakistanis and Indians intermarrying that war is now less likely. Relations will return to normal again.

So according to them Muslims in Indian cinema should not be portrayed as criminal. But they can perform holy bomb blasts in mosques in Pakistan itself.

Death of Logic :whistle:
Lol good point. Can any Pakistani explain why they can portray Muslims as terrorists in their own films but we Indians are bad for doing the same? Can Pakistanis explain this logic?

Considering that all the film's leads are muslims and farhan akhtar is a producer (along with SRK's wife), it's bizarre to suggest the film is anti-islam.

AFAIK no muslim organisation in India has objected so this reaction in pakistan is puzzling.
Pakistanis portray Muslims as terrorists in their films but according to their logic that's not giving Islam a bad image. But when Indians do the same then we're bad.

Raees is a bakwaas movie anyways. Good for Pakistanis. Their time & money is saved.

This is very unfortunate what is becoming of Indo-Pakistan relations. Hopefully things will normalise and cultural exchanges will be.made again. The best way to get along is to have more and more people-to-people contact, especially between Indian men and Pakistani girls.

Agree with this except for that last part :lol:

Of course this cultural exchange is a two-way street, maybe if film producers from both our countries can set up an Pak-India film festival to showcase film from both of our countries?

like how the Iranians show their movies at Cannes

Lol...Atlast....SRK gets taste of 'intolerance' from across the border!!
:tup: yup wonder where Indias sickular brigade is now. By the way if it was anti-islam then shiv sena did a favor to the mullahs rt?
But mullahs will never agree with that.

An unnamed official was quoted by The Express Tribune as saying: “Owing to subtle portrayal of Muslims as criminals, violent and terrorists,

How can musims be violent and criminal and terrorists.
Dont we see everyday bonhommie in syria, yemen, somalia, iraq, afghanistan, palestine, pakistan and gulf.
How dare indian movie undermine the saintly behaviour of muslim people in these countries and portray them as violence.
Absolutely unacceptable.

" aur dhandhe se badaa koi dharm nahi hota" miffed the sensor board guys.

I never watch bollywood movies. There is better entertainment like Hollywood and Chinese movies. I watch them instead.

Good decision tbh, we should promote our own culture and identity.
Finally somebody who I can concur with. You said the right thing buddy. We need to promote Pakistani culture and Middle Eastern culture. Not this "Indian" culture.

Bollywood is deeply unpopular in Pakistan, because all of the dancing and romantic scenes.

Finally somebody who I can concur with. You said the right thing buddy. We need to promote Pakistani culture and Middle Eastern culture. Not this "Indian" culture.

Bollywood is deeply unpopular in Pakistan, because all of the dancing and romantic scenes.

Respectfully disagree, sir. Bollywood is extremely popular in Pakistan. Our People listen to bollywood songs daily and our wedding ceremonies/parties are incomplete without Hindi songs and not to mention that there are always more indian films running in any cinema here than local and hollywood movies combined.

Kaabil first weekend collection says differently.
Kaabil collected 2 Crore in just 3 days, better than life time collection some of the top releases of Pakistan in 2016

Respectfully disagree, sir. Bollywood is extremely popular in Pakistan. Our People listen to bollywood songs daily and our wedding ceremonies/parties are incomplete without Hindi songs and not to mention that there are always more indian films running in any cinema here than local and hollywood movies combined.

I find it unpatriotic to watch bollywood movies. Nobody in my family or in my Shaadi parties watch bollywood movies. I never listen to Hindi films.

@waz @Kaptaan Please check if this guy is a false flag. Why am I suspecting you are an Indian?
Where are the mods?

Because when I go on facebook everybody wants to reject Indian culture and their films. Nice try.

Last edited:
Well I find it unpatriotic to watch bollywood movies. Nobody in my family or in my Shaadi parties watch bollywood movies. I never listen to Hindi films.

Neither do i, or my family but this is the reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom