What's new

Pak Army clinches eight gold medals in boxing tourney

General Fujita

Reaction score
Pak Army clinches eight gold medals in boxing tourney

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Pak Army clinches eight gold medals in boxing tourney

KHANEWAL, Aug 25 (APP): Pakistan Army clinched eight gold medals and
stood first in All Pakistan Boxing Tournament which concluded on Monday.

Pakistan Air Force stood second by winning three gold medals in the three-day sports gala at Kutcha Khooh near here.

In the 48 kg weight category PAF’s Abdul Waheed won gold medal, Sindh’s Jibran won the silver while Punjab White’s Ashfaq Masih and Pak Army’s Syed Hassan earned bronze medals.

In the 51 kg weight category Pakistan Army’s Pervez grabbed the gold, PAF’s Mehdi bagged the silver while Punjab Green’s Qaisar Aman and Yaser Mahmood lifted the bronze medals.

In the 54 kg weight category, Pak Army’s Nawaz Dad got gold medal, PAF’s Fahim Ahmed silver and Sindh’s Asad and Punjab White’s Dilshad Masih clinched the bronze medals.

Uth k ayee ha Pak Fauj....love you

These guys who do sports are lucky or unlucky, what should I say.
Most part of the year they are doing sports, they hardly ever reprot to their units.
I remeber one cousin who is also in sports and was major as I remember and either he is playing tournaments or either he is practicing.
Draw back is that he probably will never get promoted above major but if you are from rich background than it's not bad option! you have commission and you play.
I remember the fellow I mentioned is not in boxing sport but he has his house full of medals in boxing.
It seems every army man knows boxing.

Sportsmen in army units have traditionally been "prized possesions". I am sure its the same on both sides of the border.In peace time all that a regiment / batallion can show for it self is its proficency in sports. Besides other things it showcases the cohesion & aggresive spirit in a unit. "Look outs' are posted to regimental centers to identify good sportsmen among recruits & all sorts of strings are pulled to have posted to your own regiment / batallion.

Its not that they are left incapable of doing their primary job. Sportsmen & spotsmanship make good soldiers. Its for the Commanding officers to know & ensure that he achieves proficiency in his stream.

I recall an instance when after an incident wherein a unit suffered casualties the Brigade Commander commended the bravery of the soldiers (some of whom were part of the regimental team) & expressed his sorrow on the loss to the Risaldar Major.

The RM replied in punjabi "Haan ji sahab , dukh tah hai, par hun saadi basketball team da ki howega ?"

well done mate - humour in uniform!

These guys who do sports are lucky or unlucky, what should I say.
Most part of the year they are doing sports, they hardly ever reprot to their units.
I remeber one cousin who is also in sports and was major as I remember and either he is playing tournaments or either he is practicing.
Draw back is that he probably will never get promoted above major but if you are from rich background than it's not bad option! you have commission and you play.
I remember the fellow I mentioned is not in boxing sport but he has his house full of medals in boxing.
It seems every army man knows boxing.

It is strange that people think like this. Army require people who can handle 'multi tasking'. Army need officers who can fight, train, administrate, PLAYand man manage all at the SAME time. The Army has always encourged sports. Sports in no way hinder the carear of an officer or jawan, except those disgrautal men who use these kind of things as a reason for their lapses.

And BTW the Army never comples anybody to leave its office and join the Brigade or Division team.

i wish i could quote the names of officers who were guud sportsmen and still were and are senior officer now. There are many who despite of being in the Army team did well in their carear. There are also who hold the Army color.

Yes there are a few 'soldeirs' who are just taken into the Army on their sportsmen capabilities, and the reason for this is that they can in turn some team. As hiring a coach may not be that easy,moreover, that civilain coach cant stay with that particular unit for ever.

And i dont think a guud sportsmencant be a guud soldier.

Oh yes all in the Army are boxers rather i would say kick boxers as we dont need docile and passive men. BTW Army not only have boxers but it also have wrestlers and 'khushtars'..:argh:

Lastly, it the Army not WAPDA or mobilink-an ORSCOM company, where people sit eat and work. Physical endurance and fitness is of paramount importance in Pak Army.

Back
Top Bottom