What's new

PAF Ranks

unstopabl3

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please provide me with a list of PAF ranks and the experience or work required to achieve each rank. Or you can point me to a similar thread.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, can someone please provide me with a list of PAF ranks and the experience or work required to achieve each rank. Or you can point me to a similar thread.

Thanks in advance!

PAF Commissioned Officer Ranks

Rank
Air Chief Marshal
Air Marshal
Air Vice Marshal
Air Commodore
Group Captain
Wing Commander
Squadron Leader
Flight Lieutenant
Flying Officer Pilot Officer

PAF Junior Commissioned Officers and enlisted Ranks

Rank
Chief Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Assistant Warrant Officer
Senior Technician
Corporal Technician
Junior Technician
Senior Aircraftsman
Leading Aircraftsman
Aircraftsman

In 2006 the Pakistan Air Force changed the rank insignia for its officers, abandoning the ring insignia in favour of an army-style one based on stars.

Thanks for the quick replies and the awesome insight.

Just to clarify, the "PAF Junior Commissioned Officers" are the personals who are not pilots / do not fly planes right? They did not apply as GDP right?

Secondly, if I apply for PAF to become a pilot, is it called a GDP? What does it stand for and how do I improve my rankings once I am in PAF?

Thanks in advance!

Secondly, if I apply for PAF to become a pilot, is it called a GDP? What does it stand for and how do I improve my rankings once I am in PAF?

Yaar pehley select h jao phir career advancement per tawaja dena :)

First year you will be running around the academy like a head less chicken.

My suggestion is to concentrate on Science subjects before going to the academy so that it becomes easy for you to pass these subjects in academy.

Another important thing is to jog (not run) atleast 3 km a day and work on push ups, front rolls and swiming.

Thanks for your reply "Jabar 1" and "SSGPA1".

So once I complete the initial training at the academy, then I will be a GDP?

Also can you please elaborate on the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) examination.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So once I complete the initial training at the academy, then I will be a GDP?

Also can you please elaborate on the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) examination.

Thanks!

Don't know anything about ISSB now a days ... Yes, one becomes a GDP after passing (I wouldn't saying finsihing or completing) training.

Thanks for the reply. Are you in any of the PAK Arm Forces? Which one?

Let's hope someone else could answer my last post.

Don't know anything about ISSB now a days ... Yes, one becomes a GDP after passing (I wouldn't saying finsihing or completing) training.

SSGPPA, I believe you become a GDP once you are operational and put on the general duty of flying combat aircraft in active sqns. Passing out from the Academy is just the beginning and you could easily drop out at Mianwali or later on at OCU to end up back in transport/SAR sqns etc.

Last edited:
Hey "Blain2" thanks for clarifying that. Could you please provide a response to the second part of post #8 as well.

Thanks!

SSGPPA, I believe you become a GDP once you are operational and put on the general duty of flying combat aircraft in active sqns. Passing out from the Academy is just the beginning and you could easily drop out at Mianwali or later on during FCU to end up back in transport/SAR sqns etc.

That is the passing I was reffering to -)

Yes, one becomes a GDP after passing (I wouldn't saying finsihing or completing) training.

That is the passing I was reffering to -)

Yes, one becomes a GDP after passing (I wouldn't saying finsihing or completing) training.

He means that you are on probation till you pass OCU , A IP can simply say you are fired that is all no one even the COAS cant say any thing so be prepared

Back
Top Bottom