What's new

PAF put on High Alert, low level fighter jets scramble reported near LoC: Media Report

AWACS are not 'all seeing' not even American ones when there are mountain ranges 3-4 km high in the path. Using valleys for trying to hide from radars is even practices in USAF.

I would bet that the Americans saw it all happening in realtime. In color. On a Panoramic screen.

if its not a big deal, PAF should use similar strategy and hit their ammunition depot or some random hills deep in IoK... its easy na?
Yes, if the decision is taken to hit across the LOC than sneaking and hitting somewhere is not extra-ordinary.

Its big deal when u were expecting tht action since a week ?
Ur jets timming was to slow and it shows tht there was lack of communication among our air defences and our airforce and then why we didnt shot on the indian jets ????

Expecting something.. yes that is why around the clock CAPs were flying all over Pakistan..

I do no agree with timing is slow.. even acquiring a target on radar requires 'multiple hops' and has a time period. If some one had ample time to research entry points to jump valleys, radar locations, altitude of different mountain ranges than doing a quick 20-25 seconds approach and dash back is not extra-ordinarily difficult, as well as avoiding getting shot down.

then why didnt PAF use this strategy during Kargil ?
In my opinion, because they were not ordered to.. otherwise hitting a few Indian forward posts wasn't a big deal.

Expecting something.. yes that is why around the clock CAPs were flying all over Pakistan..

I do no agree with timing is slow.. even acquiring a target on radar requires 'multiple hops' and has a time period. If some one had ample time to research entry points to jump valleys, radar locations, altitude of different mountain ranges than doing a quick 20-25 seconds approach and dash back is not extra-ordinarily difficult, as well as avowing getting shot down.
radar should have been looking deep into IoK, and PAF should have had info from where the intruders are coming, and they should have been shot the moment they entered! We proved our incompetence, lets learn from this and improve our SoPs!

radar should have been looking deep into IoK, and PAF should have had info from where the intruders are coming, and they should have been shot the moment they entered! We proved our incompetence, lets learn from this and improve our SoPs!
Radars look where they are able to look.. can not say any further.
But please do a mental exercise, user google maps, turn on terrain mapping, than find me a place where a radar can be placed so that it can look 'all the way' into IOK..

"He maintained that both Pakistan and India have strong air defence. “The two sides are able to carry out swift surprise air raids within 30 kilometres of the border without being intercepted by the adversary’s fighters that are on ground alert,” he said.

“The misconception about immediate response has to be demystified. A fighter jet flies at the speed of 1000s of kilometres per hour – it can reach the target area within minutes. The response time for a fighter jet to reach incursion site varies from at least five to 10 minutes.”

“It is impossible to counter the attack, however, we can retaliate,” he explained. “Be it Pakistan, India or even the United States – no country can have fighter aircraft on watch 24/7. It is too costly.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/191867...nce-analysts-weigh-india-escalates-situation/

Radars look where they are able to look.. can not say any further.
But please do a mental exercise, user google maps, turn on terrain mapping, than find me a place where a radar can be placed so that it can look 'all the way' into IOK..
Brother I am trying to understand your viewpoint, please correct me if I am wrong

according to you," If a fighter flies low level in mountain region, there is no way to detect it, not even by AWACS?"

and if the answer is yes, than what is the way to stop IAF from launching strikes on muzaffarabad or abbotabad?

and if the answer is yes, than what is the way to stop IAF from launching strikes on muzaffarabad or abbotabad?

By covering approaches with radars as well as with human observers.

I understand that our egos are hurt and as Pakistanis we are all angry at this incursion but we should keep our heads level..

Actually this incident shows that the approach they took was already covered, that is why PAF was able to scramble and challenge them, which once alerted by their RWRs or their controllers of approaching PAF jets quickly turned tail, jettisoning their payload.

Don't talk about the stuff you dont know.
Don't you talk to me in that tone boy you're the one who is ignorant of facts here. Let me break this down for you very slowly step by step.

1) IAF intruded at around 3:30am (if i am not wrong) from IoK Tangdhar and managed to penetrate as far as into KPK, Balakot (Jabba) told to us by DG ISPR himself.

"On their way back, they jettisoned their payload. Four of their "bombs" fell in [Balakot's] Jabba and they went back." DG ISPR

Now where is Balakot (Jabba)? 40km away from LOC

Capture2.PNG

2) They weren't shot down even when they not only violated our airspace but also dropped bombs on our sovereign territory.

3) Balakot is not in AJK it is in KPK means they ATTACKED Pakistan.

4) Their claims of 200-300 terrorists being killed is pure BS but the fact is they dropped bombs on Pakistan's sovereign territory and that is an ACT OF WAR and PAF failed to shoot down the enemy.

What's more embarassing is this

"When asked why the Indians were not shot down, Maj Gen Ghafoor said he wished they had remained in Pakistan for some more time."

For god sakes stop embarrassing us further you've done enough for one day :hitwall::hitwall:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1466161
I wish I could tell here how much ready PAF was and why it didn't take any action.
Here we go another "i know it all but can't reveal anything member" listen this is not a drama where you create suspense by writing these types of statements tired of hearing this same exact copy/paste statements by many members on this site for 3 years if you guys can't reveal anything than don't create fazool ka drama?
PAF is being bashed
PAF is being bashed rightly it was their job to defend Pakistani airspace and it's people from enemies and today they failed to do that. If your fangirl emotions get hurt in this process than you should log off.

We should be thankful to Allah that there was no serious damage otherwise things could've gotten worse for Pakistanis thanks to paf.
@Starlord @Mentee @Maxpane

Last edited:
Don't you talk to me in that tone boy you're the one who is ignorant of facts here. Let me break this down for you very slowly step by step.

1) IAF intruded at around 3:30am (if i am not wrong) from IoK Tangdhar and managed to penetrate as far as into KPK, Balakot (Jabba) told to us by DG ISPR himself.

"On their way back, they jettisoned their payload. Four of their "bombs" fell in [Balakot's] Jabba and they went back." DG ISPR

View attachment 542160

2) They weren't shot down even when they not only violated our airspace but also dropped bombs on our sovereign territory.

4) Their claims of 200-300 terrorists being killed is pure BS but the fact is they dropped bombs on Pakistan's sovereign territory and that is an ACT OF WAR and PAF failed to shoot down the enemy.

Here we go another "i know it all but can't reveal anything member" listen this is not a drama where you create suspense by writing these types of statements tired of hearing this same exact copy/paste statements by many members on this site for 3 years if you guys can't reveal anything than don't create fazool ka drama?

PAF is being bashed rightly it was their job to defend Pakistani airspace and it's people from enemies and today they failed to do that. If your fangirl emotions get hurt in this process than you should log off.

We should be thankful to Allah that there was no serious damage otherwise things could've gotten worse for Pakistanis thanks to paf.

I keep saying, all i want right now is dead India Soldiers ... I don't care how Pakistan will do it, Cross border raids , Air strike , Artillery , or CM but i want a strong response from Pakistan over this , or else i will lose a huge respect for our Army and Air force .

View attachment 542160

only thanks to Allah Almighty bhai

I keep saying, all i want right now is dead India Soldiers ... I don't care how Pakistan will do it, Cross border raids , Air strike , Artillery , or CM but i want a strong response from Pakistan over this , or else i will lose a huge respect for our Army and Air force .

only thanks to Allah Almighty bhai
Look at these more blunders by DG ispr
"When asked why the Indians were not shot down, Maj Gen Ghafoor said he wished they had remained in Pakistan for some more time."

I mean wth :hitwall::hitwall: just stop embarrassing us more

Back
Top Bottom