What's new

PAF Fighter Jets land at multiple Motorways to demonstrate war air operational capability

This can be very helpful in scenario of actual war.

Yes it is every modern day airforce practise it (req extra practice and skill )imagine enemy going to do first thing destroying your runways no matter how much squarden there all gonna use less.They also gave us that reason when start building motorways back in 90's as for that u need highways of international level

:omghaha:

There was approximately 3 km line of waiting vehicles on each toll plaza and Punjab police sher jawan were pretty forthcoming, it was pretty much a public domain, not that some state secret was revealed.

Relax.

Then let's agree to disagree on the necessity of publicly disclosing location names on an open international forum, rather than being a bit discrete about it.

:omghaha:

There was approximately 3 km line of waiting vehicles on each toll plaza and Punjab police sher jawan were pretty forthcoming, it was pretty much a public domain, not that some state secret was revealed.

Relax.

No but less said is always better.

Btw your nickname ps3linux
Linux is open source OS, but it doesn’t mean that everyone should have open access to your data or even worse it does not oblige you to give all your data to everyone.

Why would you give the sections names? if you have such info kindly dont share on a public forum such as this.

Knowledge is power! despite the fact I consider my IT skill as beginner level, it takes me less than 30 seconds to recover exif data from all the images being posted here or videos. The technique is decade old, there are much smarter people there who could extract the data, so it is irrelevant if I talk about the section of motorway. besides with the number of spy satellite hanging out in the space this is public knowledge if you know how to get the desired data.

I have not taken into account all those commercial satellites services from where one can get hires satellite images with a paltry sub 1000$ annual subscription.

Now on to the main topic, contrary to the popular belief original motorway did not have the capability to accommodate landing of combat aircraft's, at the recommendations of engineers from PAF three sections of motorway M2 were upgraded to serve as alternate runway during times of need, i don't exactly remember the time but I am sure it would have been during Musharraf's era. and I think at-least one section of M1 too have this capability. I am not too sure about rest of the motorways.

and BTW: this is not the first time motorway is used for this purpose, it has been done before twice I think.

Old thread 2010.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paf-validates-concept-of-fighter-operations-from-motorways.52849/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom