What's new

PAF F16 Crash: Former Hornet and Viper pilot shares his views

He has a family and he was a fellow combat aviator. Mover knows what it feels like to lose people in the profession.
Yep, there is a reason why the profession of fighter flying has this whole mythos of chivalry surrounding it. To even become a fighter pilot requires more intelligence, mental resilience, and physical fitness than the average human being, and all aviators recognise that.

he repeatedly pointing out toward altimeter error...and someone in comments says it was 132kv Power lines not 11kv......

Well the difference in elevation of Sargodha and ISB is 1000 feet. Can we consider this as a potential error???
I don't think so. It was a maneuver he forgot to perform most likely. And chances are he took off in a half-fueled Viper from Chaklala instead of coming from Sargodha.

he repeatedly pointing out toward altimeter error...and someone in comments says it was 132kv Power lines not 11kv......
It is possible as he was referring that to of cases he's familiar with in the US

Well the difference in elevation of Sargodha and ISB is 1000 feet. Can we consider this as a potential error???
Yes it's approximately 1000feet. Sargodha is 190m (617.5ft) and Islamabad is 540m (1755ft)

Dude, most of the F-16s that perform over Islamabad are Sargodha based and it's not as if it was the first time he was practicing or just picked a random area.
Every one can make an error. But he was way too good for making an altitude error.

I don't think so. It was a maneuver he forgot to perform most likely. And chances are he took off in a half-fueled Viper from Chaklala instead of coming from Sargodha.
F-16 with external fuel tanks can cover round trip sargoddha to pindi and still have enough fuel.

F-16 with external fuel tanks can cover round trip sargoddha to pindi and still have enough fuel.
Buddy. We are talking about a single-seat clean jet configured for a demo. Even that itself can recover back at Sargodha if taken off from Chaklala.

My friend/university class fellow told me that Shaheed pilot was his student at PAF College Sargodha.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom