What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

Long nose has nothing to do with aerodynamic stablity . The dual seat Mirage has come in shapes and sizes, all depending upon the users requirments.

Take a look at the pics below. It might clear the things for you.

MIIIB_N204_2-FU_JUN80-06.jpg

MirageIIIB.jpg

avmir3_6.gif

Basically our Mirage DPs are based on Mirage 5 hence longer nose.

Does the PAF employ any Mirage IIIB's?
The aussies had them...and since we got their mirages I assume we got them too...but haven't seen a pic of them at all...?

The aussies had them...and since we got their mirages I assume we got them too...but haven't seen a pic of them at all...?

In 1991, PAF purchased 50 Australian Mirage IIIEA/DAs. Forty-five aircraft purchased from RAAF were eventually recovered at PAC Kamra, there were seven dual-seat models that were allotted to No. 5 Squadron. Out of the forty-two single-seat Mirages, thirty-two with ROSE configuration were allotted to No. 7 and CCS Squadrons. Four aircraft belonging to Photo Reconnaissance category and an additional aircraft were recovered and allotted to the No. 5 Squadron. One aircraft crashed prior to ROSE modification and the remaining five aircraft were found beyond recovery and were reduced to spares.

There are no Mirages in RAAF service. They were retired, after which PAF bought them up and added them to their fleet as operational and recovery spares.

The saab does not seem to be equipped for it..
and the ZDK isnt showing much promise for AR either..
I suppose we might not need it..
Higher sortie rates probably take care of the slight gaps..
and since we will be fighting over home turf.. an airfield may never be far away to refuel..
it also will allow us to have fresher crews compared to those Awacs systems that spend more than 10 hours on station.

I think PAF, was looking for an endurance of 10Hours continuous monitoring for AWACS platforms. Some of the members were asking for IL-78 based awacs, but they forget a very basic thing that PAF did smartly, Choosing Turboprop platforms, The turboprop AC is much more fuel efficient than the Jet engines. so now we see China testing KJ-2000 AWACS on Y-8!!. Given a platform stays up for 10hours, it is a very decent time indeed and can work pretty well for turn based duties as such a long time gives ground staff ample time for getting the landed bird ready for reflight

In 1991, PAF purchased 50 Australian Mirage IIIEA/DAs. Forty-five aircraft purchased from RAAF were eventually recovered at PAC Kamra, there were seven dual-seat models that were allotted to No. 5 Squadron. Out of the forty-two single-seat Mirages, thirty-two with ROSE configuration were allotted to No. 7 and CCS Squadrons. Four aircraft belonging to Photo Reconnaissance category and an additional aircraft were recovered and allotted to the No. 5 Squadron. One aircraft crashed prior to ROSE modification and the remaining five aircraft were found beyond recovery and were reduced to spares.

I thought at least one of the single seaters ended up with the #22 Squadron...? The orange/white mirage.
I've been looking for some references for that one...and the dual seat mirage...

Ok guys i have come to know that apart from already bought 4 il-78 MRTT , PAF has now option for even a 5th il-78 tanker ,for that airframe and code number have already been reserved

from were you got this news mani bro?

Imran bhai bas kahin se pta chal hi jata ha,ap bas news enjoy karein.wese ma apko personal message karne laga tha but apne woh option avail hi nahi ki hui

Hi, this information about the option for the 5'th tanker is in the March 2011 issue of Air Forces Monthly. I was just about to post it, but Mr. Mani2020 has already. Thanks!

guys one of the three tanker is in Karachi, landed today at masroor air base abut at 4:00 pm in evening. really was an awesome view :)

One of the two. The third is doing testing in Ukrain.
we have received all three of them, third one received recently. search news.

I saw it last sunday @ 3:00pm flying over NIPA(Gulshan), Karachi
yeah...that is the long landing route for Air base Masroor....i saw the tanker from KU, that was traveling on same route and i had seen many Mirages and f-7s following the same.

see the link of route
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...4.910727,67.045784&spn=0.163164,0.220757&z=12

we have received all three of them, third one received recently. search news.

yeah...that is the long landing route for Air base Masroor....i saw the tanker from KU, that was traveling on same route and i had seen many Mirages and f-7s following the same.

see the link of route
یونیورسٹی روڈ‎ to Karachi Northern Bypass/کراچی ناردرن بائی پاس&

I think there would be more then a few pics on the net if that was true.
I have checked Pakdef an saw some info:

Re: Pakistan Air Force News: Jan - Dec 2011
Some newsbits about the IL78MP refuel planes...

Two delivered as R9-001 (december 2009 c/n 0073478346 ex UR-76742) and R10-002 (october 2010 c/n 0073476277 ex UR-76730).
One just started flight testing as R10-003 (to be delivered in 2010 c/n 0063466998 ex UR-76675)
One going through refitting (c/n 0063467027 ex UR-76682)
One option (c/n 0073476277 ex UR-76730)

Back
Top Bottom