What's new

Overnight targeted attacks claim 10 lives in Karachi

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Overnight targeted attacks claim 10 lives in Karachi | DAWN.COM

KARACHI: Inspector General (IG) Sindh Police summoned details into incidents of violence that left at least 10 people dead overnight in Karachi, DawnNews reported early Saturday.

Gunmen on motorcycles opened fire at a teahouse in North Karachi’s ‘Disco Morr’ area, injuring five people, who were taken to Abbasi Shaheed hospital but later succumbed to their injuries.

Meanwhile, three people were shot dead in North Karachi’s 5C-4 area. The deceased were identified as Faizan, Yahya and Majeed.

Two people were gunned down near Water Pump roundabout of Karachi’s Federal B. Area late on Friday/ According to sources, unknown armed assailants opened fire sporadically, spreading chaos among local residents.

Markets located on the Sharah-e-Pakistan were shut down after the killings as police and Rangers cordoned off the area. Protestors gathered on the main Shahrah-e-Pakistan, disrupting the flow of the traffic.

Police used tear-gas and resorted to aerial firing to disperse the protesters.

IG Sindh Fayyaz Leghari summoned the detail reports of the incidents and told all the Superintendent Police (SP’s) of the city that he would personally monitor the Karachi’s security. Director General (DG) Rangers and Police officials visited the affected areas.

Are these target killings totally internal phenomena or they have an external hand? By external I mean international terror groups like Al-Qaida and regional groups like Taliban etc?

R.I.P............

would like same comment from you on that Assam riot thread......:enjoy:

Understand the difference between opening a thread, and commenting on an existing thread.

Really??? That's your reaction on someone reporting a news article update in a relevant area of the forum??

Uh no. This is the umpteenth thread you have started about deaths in Pakistan.

Are these target killings totally internal phenomena or they have an external hand? By external I mean international terror groups like Al-Qaida and regional groups like Taliban etc?
all mixed together with little bit of politics

Understand the difference between opening a thread, and commenting on an existing thread.
Uh no. This is the umpteenth thread you have started about deaths in Pakistan.
He didn't pasted his opinion, just posted a damn thread and you judged him in a second....well you got quite an intuition.

And that makes me responsible for those deaths ?? Shooting the messenger now.. Are we?

Where did I claim you were responsible for the deaths. Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "schadenfreude"?

He didn't pasted his opinion, just posted a damn thread and you judged him in a second....well you got quite an intuition.

It not just "a damn thread". Like I wrote, there is a history of starting such threads...

Pakistanis should come out on street to protest these deaths rather than worrying about Muslims in other countries. Oh wait, Muslims are killing Muslims in this case, not an issue then.

Ok.. No more Anti Pakistan threads for 1 month :)

Just wondering about this?

And how does creating a news thread become anti Pakistan..??

Where did I claim you were responsible for the deaths. Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "schadenfreude"?

It not just "a damn thread". Like I wrote, there is a history of starting such threads...

Anyone who links to an article about something bad in Pakistan becomes a sadist who enjoys others' miseries.. This is precisely the attitude of turning a blind eye in our subcontinent that allows these things to fester and become much larger than what they should ever be allowed to become..

Back
Top Bottom