What's new

OUTSOURCING: China will overtake India in IT outsourcing revenue next year

lamlap

BANNED
Reaction score
2011 World Outsourcing Market

29 February 2012

The combined IT services and software sector, including the internal market, rose by 32.4% to reach $292 billion during the year.

Extrapolating these growth rates would suggest that China is poised to overtake India in IT outsourcing revenue next year.

China will overtake India in IT outsourcing revenue next year

China will be the biggest outoutsourcing centre next year, Well done :china:

2011 World Outsourcing Market

29 February 2012

The combined IT services and software sector, including the internal market, rose by 32.4% to reach $292 billion during the year.

Extrapolating these growth rates would suggest that China is poised to overtake India in IT outsourcing revenue next year.

China will overtake India in IT outsourcing revenue next year

China will be the biggest outoutsourcing centre next year, Well done :china:

Well thats really Amazing. Congrats.....

It sounds good but a bit hard to believe. From my experience, most US/European countries outsource to India and China got packages mainly from Japan instead. Master of English alone could be a setback for Chinese companies. I think the overall Chinese IT service sector is bigger because of the internal demand from manufacturing sectors within China.

Outsourcing/BPO cannot be a long term solution for China since the salary is going up. Countries like Vietnam and Philippines could easily step up.

It sounds good but a bit hard to believe. From my experience, most US/European countries outsource to India and China got packages mainly from Japan instead. Master of English alone could be a setback for Chinese companies. I think the overall Chinese IT service sector is bigger because of the internal demand from manufacturing sectors within China.

Outsourcing/BPO cannot be a long term solution for China since the salary is going up. Countries like Vietnam and Philippines could easily step up.

There was an article in FT 3years back. Its amazing how true their projection turned out to be.
China threat to Indian IT - FT.com

Indian Outsourcing industry will hit 100 Billion USD end of this year, China will be around 80 Billion USD. So if China maintains the same pace and India doesn't improve, China will overtake India mid next year.
Software exports increased 18.4% to $30.4 billion while software (development) outsourcing rose by 40.3% to $6 billion.

These figures suggest China is rapidly closing the gap with India's outsourcing sector. According to Nasscom, India's IT outsourcing trade body, the sector is expected to grow by 15% this year to reach $100 billion.
China's IT outsourcing sector hits $60bn$-govt

Global biggest Outsourcing Center will be China in 2012 or 2013

Rank 1 = China
Rank 2 = India

Cheer :cheers:

China keeps breaking glass ceilings these days. Bravo.

It is good. I think it is time for both the countries to stop participating in di*k measuring competition and accept the rise of of Asia as a whole. Doesn't matter if you are no 1 or 2, but development should not stop.

Hail Asia

Back
Top Bottom