What's new

Osprey Aircraft May Aid Pakistan Relief

Actually if you have read the news you would know that the U.S. has actually increased it's aid to 150 mill, plus the material aid, and now surpasses Saudi Arabia. It also has helicopters, and soon Osprey aircraft from 2 amphibious ships, as well as C-130 aircraft. Tell me who has given more? And do not think the Chinese will ever come to your rescue. History has shown them to only give token amounts in aid (money or material) if at all.

I thank USA for their support during my homeland's troubling times. The aid they are giving us is "humanitarian" and the aid we require is humanitarian as well, and there should be no ulterior motive for both parties. This is no competition or political point scoring contest.

They have given us, rather entrusted us their hard earned money to help save lives, and we should thank them for that, with open hearts.

Thank you USA.
Thank you KSA.
Thank you to every one else who has contributed in saving lives.

Please refrain from making it a contest, and I pity the fools on both the giving and receiving side who are trying to drag humanitarian aid through political mud.

Regards,
Sapper

Please refrain from making it a contest, and I pity the fools on both the giving and receiving side who are trying to drag humanitarian aid through political mud.

Regards,
Sapper

Your right, I just get upset sometimes when I see people drag the U.S. through the mud, and hold a different standard when it comes to China.

Many believe that the reason the US is jumping to help the current regime in Pakistan(that they helped install, getting zebby's criminal record wiped) when no-one in the international community trusts this govt, is because they desperately need to move supplies through Pak.

Can't do that through flooded areas. Do appreciate the dozen helis though, but what's their seating capacity - they aren't going to rescue the 20 million living here.

americans are scared that the militant groups may use the time to exploit situation and try garnering support

unlike this ''government'' --- they are endowed with cash (mostly drug and ransom dirty money)

I thank USA for their support during my homeland's troubling times. The aid they are giving us is "humanitarian" and the aid we require is humanitarian as well, and there should be no ulterior motive for both parties. This is no competition or political point scoring contest.

They have given us, rather entrusted us their hard earned money to help save lives, and we should thank them for that, with open hearts.

Thank you USA.
Thank you KSA.
Thank you to every one else who has contributed in saving lives.

Regards,
Sapper

couldn't have put it more rightly........:usflag::pakistan::china:

americans are scared that the militant groups may use the time to exploit situation and try garnering support

unlike this ''government'' --- they are endowed with cash (mostly drug and ransom dirty money)

I'm sure that is a concern but not the main one. Name me a large disaster in modern times where the U.S. has not been there to offer help. Even when it was to help countries who ascribe the U.S. as the great satan.

Actually if you have read the news you would know that the U.S. has actually increased it's aid to 150 mill, plus the material aid, and now surpasses Saudi Arabia. It also has helicopters, and soon Osprey aircraft from 2 amphibious ships, as well as C-130 aircraft. Tell me who has given more? And do not think the Chinese will ever come to your rescue. History has shown them to only give token amounts in aid (money or material) if at all.

well thank u USA for every thing u r doing rite now it doesnt matter that u r doing for ur own interest or u r doing it with sincerity the thing that matters is that our r being taken care of
and thats what matters for now .......:usflag: credit is due where credit is due

i believe our allies can help us more by rebuilding highways and railroads washed away by the floods. there technologies, equipment and workforce should be diverted towards this front once the waters recede. With land routes open, our own NGOs, military and private people (i've deliberately missed the government for obvious reasons), can move more easily and directly to the affected people.

its a golen oppurtunity to develop our rural villages on some new/planned /liveable--design --the u.s and allies should design and build some 'model villages' consisting of multi -storey buildings of many 3room homes -

--- rather than entrusting the government with ' deveolpment' funds...we know where the money will eventually go....the will think shorterm and give 1 lack rupees/family and waste the rest of the money

its a golen oppurtunity to develop our rural villages on some new/planned /liveable--design --the u.s and allies should design and build some 'model villages' consisting of multi -storey buildings of many 3room homes -

--- rather than entrusting the government with ' deveolpment' funds...we know where the money will eventually go....the will think shorterm and give 1 lack rupees/family and waste the rest of the money

Will the hawks allow it is the big question.

i believe our allies can help us more by rebuilding highways and railroads washed away by the floods. there technologies, equipment and workforce should be diverted towards this front once the waters recede. With land routes open, our own NGOs, military and private people (i've deliberately missed the government for obvious reasons), can move more easily and directly to the affected people.

Our Seabees and Pakistan Army's Corps. of Engineers can do just that just that in record time. What lies in their way is the narrow minded thinking of the current Govt. in Pakistan. The very idea of allowing US troops of any kind is a "vote looser".

That is why a $5M dollar offer of aid from India had to be "considered".

What they don't seem to realize is that they are "loosing votes" every day now with their performance.

In the meantime across your border, in India, there are over 50 medium/heavy lift choppers sitting idle, also on offer.

Last edited:
Buddy last time I checked we were Friends, and I dont see china in a rush to help you guys........why cant you guys thank the good will help we are providing to your people in need right know?

yes China is our best friend and there is no any doubt in this. whatever you people are doing we are thankful but we can't ever ever trust you guys. China is facing its own problem like earth quake and floods, secondly they don't like to trust our present government with monetary help. PAK-CHINA are friends forever and there is no any doubt in this i repeat no any doubt in this. :pakistan::china:

anyways good try by USA to improve its repute among Pakistanis, but don't forget we have already done more then all this for USA.

and you would be happy if the militants garner support?

U.S. aircrew builds relationships with Pakistan Air Force

Story by Staff Sgt. Kali Gradishar

CHAKLALA AIR FORCE BASE, Pakistan – Four Air Force Reserve C-130 Hercules aircrews from the 357th Airlift Squadron at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., are building relationships with their aircrew counterparts in the Pakistan air force as they aid Pakistan in flood relief efforts bringing supplies to people displaced by the raging waters covering approximately one-fifth of the country.

The aircrews, support airmen and two aircraft forward deployed from the 746th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron at an undisclosed location in Southwest Asia to Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, Aug. 16 as the Air Force resumed humanitarian operations into Pakistan.

Many of the crew members agreed their first impression of devastation in the country was one of astonishment.

“We heard there was flooding, but we didn’t know the magnitude of it. The amount of flooding is hard to explain in words,” said Lt. Col. Steve Catchings, an Air Force Reserve C-130 pilot who’s flown almost 6,000 hours in the aircraft. “You see towns where water is halfway up the buildings. You see people living on roofs. You see livestock floating on water. Their farms are just completely flooded. The roads have disappeared.

“The level of devastation is unimaginable until you can see it…. Even the pictures don’t show the story,” said the 18-year pilot. “The crew got real quiet the first time we saw it, when we got below the clouds and we could see. That (image) definitely told us why we were here.”

As the crews got further into the country and more involved in the humanitarian missions, subsequent impressions showed a nation’s government and military working diligently with international counterparts in their own efforts to transport food, water and supplies to people in need.

The Pakistan air force has “been doing some of the same types of things that we have done -- picking up a load from Islamabad and bringing it to different locations,” said 1st Lt. Tim Dixon, an Air Force Reserve C-130 navigator on his first deployment. “They’re well capable, they’re great airmen and they’re doing a great job.”

“Really it’s their show and we’re just working with them doing whatever we can to help,” added Catchings. “They’re doing a lot of the airlift, too. They’ve got airplanes on the ground… We’re taking a lot of the stuff from Islamabad to the staging areas and then they’re taking it from there on down to some of the other areas. And a lot of this stuff goes on to their helicopters to take it on down to the areas that airplanes can’t get in to.”

The Pakistan and U.S. C-130 aircrews dedicated to flood relief have taken great interest in each other, comparing aircraft and trading flight patches to show camaraderie and gratitude. They’ve also gone to great lengths to show their appreciation for aid the U.S. military is providing.

“They’re C-130 folks, too, so they can relate to us. We’ve been showing each other each other’s airplanes,” said Catchings, a native of Navarre, Fla. “They help us (offload cargo), and they’re also taking care of our customs and our flight plans and all of the other administrative stuff we need to get in and get out.

“There’s always someone to come out and greet the airplane… and because we’ve been here so many times we’re on a first name basis with them. Today, the base commander came out and brought us tea, juice and cookies. They’re very thankful that we’re here,” he said.

The U.S. crews have built relations and received thanks at both Sukkur and Shahbaz Air Base near Jacobabad, Pakistan. Service members and volunteers alike have crowded the aircraft once the engines are shut down and the ramp opens up to shake hands with the U.S. service members.

“This has given me a perspective of what it means to help people. It’s terrible to see the despair they’re in and some of the tough situations they’re having to face right now,” said Dixon, a former enlisted avionics maintenance airman. “But I’m glad to see there’s a lot of support, from the Pakistani military and from the civilian areas, as well. We’re glad to be able to help in any way that we can.”

Back
Top Bottom