OPPO plans US$216m industrial park in India

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
China Daily, December 28, 2016

Chinese smartphone maker OPPO is planning to invest 1.5 billion yuan ($216 million) to build an industrial park in India, with a goal of producing 100 million units per year, Sina Tech reported Wednesday.

The park, spread over 1,000 acres in northern city Greater Noida, will include a manufacturing factory, OPPO Vice-President and OPPO India President Sky Li said, adding the project will be built in separate stages, and is expected to be finished in two to three years.

"The initial target is 50 million units, and the ultimate goal is 100 million units," Li said.

OPPO already has a factory in Greater Noida. Li, who is confident about the future of OPPO smartphone in the Indian market, said OPPO will offer excellent customer experience to gain market share.

"Unlike other smartphone makers, we don't pursue high volume of shipments, or expanding company scale. On the contrary, we focus on providing high quality products," Li said.

"OPPO is creating a trend for the industry, and many smartphone makers are following us on the selfie functionality," Li added. "OPPO's market positioning is correct and precise, highlighting our market research capacity."

India has outpaced the United States this year to become the world's second-largest smartphone market, according to GSMA, an industry organization made up of around 800 telecom operators.

GSMA also predicted that India will have one billion mobile subscribers by 2020, compared with 616 million users in June 2016.

Only about 27% Indians possess smart phones.
Per capita wise India sux:

temcbvgf.png

chinese company has made a right choice. Everybody worship rising sun. This is a clear indicator that india is going to be the smart phone hub of the world. India is a right place because you a very low cost R & D and innovation.

I just bought MI phone and it's better than it's counterpart even in price. China have good chance providing lots of smartphone to India.

Chinese smartphone maker OPPO is planning to invest 1.5 billion yuan ($216 million) to build an industrial park in India, with a goal of producing 100 million units per year, Sina Tech reported Wednesday.

The park, spread over 1,000 acres in northern city Greater Noida, will include a manufacturing factory, OPPO Vice-President and OPPO India President Sky Li said, adding the project will be built in separate stages, and is expected to be finished in two to three years.

"The initial target is 50 million units, and the ultimate goal is 100 million units," Li said.

OPPO already has a factory in Greater Noida. Li, who is confident about the future of OPPO smartphone in the Indian market, said OPPO will offer excellent customer experience to gain market share.

"Unlike other smartphone makers, we don't pursue high volume of shipments, or expanding company scale. On the contrary, we focus on providing high quality products," Li said.

"OPPO is creating a trend for the industry, and many smartphone makers are following us on the selfie functionality," Li added. "OPPO's market positioning is correct and precise, highlighting our market research capacity."

India has outpaced the United States this year to become the world's second-largest smartphone market, according to GSMA, an industry organization made up of around 800 telecom operators.

GSMA also predicted that India will have one billion mobile subscribers by 2020, compared with 616 million users in June 2016.

Chinese COs should aggressively establish Manufacturing bases in Indi and take the advantage of world's second largest smartphone market

Chinese COs should aggressively establish Manufacturing bases in Indi and take the advantage of world's second largest smartphone market

Yes we talked about that right? The private sector in China and India are rational, they will do business together, and business is all about win-win for people. Here is good case, OPPO wins new market, jobs created in India, public sector gets new tax stream, know-how and experience shared, consumers get value for money. Yes my friend, I believe more will happen.

Last edited:
China mobile phone manufacturers too much, so far, HUAWEI, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Gionee and other are beginning to set up factories in India. But India's land policy is an obstacle.

China mobile phone manufacturers too much, so far, HUAWEI, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Gionee and other are beginning to set up factories in India. But India's land policy is an obstacle.

For sizable industrial project like this, I guess OPPO management have had alot of dialogue with the local government prior to confirming the plan. They've been doing marketing in India for quite some time, that should've helped them understand local policies/practices.

Celes-OPPO.jpg

Celebrities clicking Selfies with Selfie Expert OPPO F1s
http://www.oppo.com/in/about-us/press/oppo-beautifies-your-city-with-celebrities

I have heard this brand(small name till now compared to Huawei or Lenovo well established brands) in India, not sure whether it was cell batteries one or cell phones.

Only about 27% Indians possess smart phones.
Per capita wise India sux:

View attachment 364131
But smartphones are not mandatory to be smart, are they! I will push for working phones even if basic compared to smartphones. Government has pushed many activities which can be performed by basic mobiles as well including banking access.

chinese company has made a right choice. Everybody worship rising sun. This is a clear indicator that india is going to be the smart phone hub of the world. India is a right place because you a very low cost R & D and innovation.
Yeah yeah I am the RISING SUN. He he he he!!!

I just bought MI phone and it's better than it's counterpart even in price. China have good chance providing lots of smartphone to India.
Though I feel robed off, using Lenovo mobile(it was top of the line during launching), hardly a year has passed. Doesn't mean Lenovo brand is not good. Camera is way higher rated but response is poor than 5 MP of my previous LUMIA series. Same heard about next two same series handsets. Just my personal opinion though.

Not land.
Our industrial law and labour laws are badly designed.

However we are hoping that in 2017, Modi will completely change and make new laws to better support manufacturing in India.

GST for example which kicks in 2017 will enhance ease of transferring goods across India. It should greatly help businesses.

India's policies are equal for all. If you can't face the heat, get out of kitchen. See where Lenovo and Huawei are presently. Though in my opinion Gionee/Oppo are ripoff compared to genuine brands like Huwawei or REDMI MI series.

For sizable industrial project like this, I guess OPPO management have had alot of dialogue with the local government prior to confirming the plan. They've been doing marketing in India for quite some time, that should've helped them understand local policies/practices.

Yes now I remember this brand. Oppo F1

What say those Indian right wingers who want to boycott Chinese products?

China is doing shock & awe type on them.

Lol.

Last year huawei invested $170 million research and development centre in bangalore :china:
REUTERS - Chinese telecom company Huawei Technologies Co Ltd has invested $170 million to open a research and development centre in India as it ties itself to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "Make in India" campaign, the company said on Thursday.

The campus in Bengaluru, previously called Bangalore, is the first such investment made by a Chinese company in India and will be used to develop software components, Huawei said.

It is also the company's biggest R&D center outside China:china:.

Back
Top Bottom