What's new

Opening ceremony of 16th Asian Games kicks off

U86P4T303D12837F14530DT20101113124947.jpg

U86P4T303D12838F14530DT20101113125014.jpg

U86P4T303D12839F14530DT20101113125036.jpg

Why chinese are not updating India's telly??????????

What's wrong with their website??????????

Rank NOC G S B T
1 China 16 7 2 25
2 Japan 4 8 9 21
3 R.O. Korea 4 3 6 13
4 Hong Kong, China 1 0 1 2
5 India 0 2 0 2

Why they are not showing India's gold????????????

Which was won about 4-5 hours back.

Rank NOC G S B T
1 China 16 7 2 25
2 Japan 4 8 9 21
3 R.O. Korea 4 3 6 13
5 India 0 2 0 2

i guess, it is a mistake on our part.. there was news of that, but now there is no news of that

Weightlifter Srinivasa Rao wins India's first gold

Guangzhou: India were given their first Gold medal at the 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou by weightlifter Srinivasa Rao Balluri, who won the yellow metal in the men's 56 kg category.

His compatriot Sukhen Dey won the silver medal in the same event.

This came after Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang and S Rajput gave India their first medal of the continental Games by winning silver in the 10 m air rifle team event.

Guangzhou: India were given their first Gold medal at the 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou by weightlifter Srinivasa Rao Balluri, who won the yellow metal in the men's 56 kg category.

This came after Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang and S Rajput gave India their first medal of the continental Games by winning silver in the 10 m air rifle team event.

its a mistake i guess, if you check any news channel, nobody is showing that

Chinese lifter Wu wins first weightlifting gold at Guangzhou Asiad
English.news.cn 2010-11-13 18:58:32

13605253_261n.jpg

China's Wu Jingbiao competes during the Men's 56kg category competition of Weightlifting at the 16th Asian Games in Dongguan near Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong Province, Nov. 13, 2010. Wu Jingbiao claimed the title with a total of 285kg. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

DONGGUAN, South China, Nov. 13 (Xinhua) -- World champion Wu Jingbiao of China wins the first weightlifting gold medal by breaking snatch Asian record at the Guangzhou Asiad here on Saturday.

Wu snatched up 133kg in his second attempt to break the previous Asian record of 132kg, set by China's Long Qingquan at the Beijing Olympics. The 21-year-old lifter secured the gold medal with a total of 285kg after hoisting 152kg in the clean and jerk.

"It's very happy to break the Asian record," said Wu,"My next goal is to break the world records set by weightlifting legend Mutlu Halil of Turkey."

Mutlu holds all of the three world records, with 138kg in the snatch, 168kg in the clean and jerk and 305 in total. "It's extremely difficult for me to break his world records, but I will put it as a dream or an objective in my daily training," added Wu.

After collecting the snatch and total gold medals at the 2010 world championships last month, Wu reckoned that he was not in good condition as the training after the worlds was not systematical.

"Though I won the competition, the result was not satisfactory," said Wu, who met no challenge in the competition.

Cha Kum Chol from DPR Korea took silver with a total of 276kg, and Setiadi Jadi from Indonesia settled for bronze with 271kg.

Wu's victory unveiled China's campaign in the Asiad weightlifting. China collected 10 of the 15 gold medals on offer last time in Doha, and is expected to seek further success at Guangzhou.

Special Report: 16th Asian Games

Last edited:
Any pics of chinese beating india in cricket ???? lol

Not yet.

As opposed to India and Pakistan, Chinese cricket team are still very immature.
I don't expect much of them, given the competition from India and Pakistan.

Rank NOC G S B T
1 China 16 7 2 25
2 Japan 4 8 9 21
3 R.O. Korea 4 3 6 13
5 India 0 2 0 2

Calm down, there must be some mistake here.

If India did won a gold medal, i am pretty sure the authority won't intentionally keep it from the public.

But if there is a delay in updating this, we are sorry.

Not yet.

As opposed to India and Pakistan, Chinese cricket team are still very immature.
I don't expect much of them, given the competition from India and Pakistan.

May be you can beat pakistan as their level of cricket currently is non bottom or bribe them to loose (If all the match fixing reports are true).

And currently we are the best.

BTW, India have not send its cricket team in Asian games in china.

THis time China gonner makes sure no gold medal for indian shooters

1)India`s rifle shooters miss gold by a point to china..
India`s Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang and Sanjeev Rajput won the team silver in the men`s 10 metre air rifle event at the Asian Games here Saturday. The Indian trio missed the gold by a point.
They shot a total of 1,783 at the Aoti Shooting Range. China`s Zhu Qinan, 2004 Olympic champion, Yu Jikang and Cao Yifei won the gold with 1,784 points

2)In individual 10m event, India`s Gagan Narang claimed a silver behind China`s Liu Qinan by 1.3 points , 700.7 points behind Qinan's gold-winning effort of 702...

congratulations !

May be you can beat pakistan as their level of cricket currently is non bottom or bribe them to loose (If all the match fixing reports are true).

And currently we are the best.

BTW, India have not send its cricket team in Asian games in china.

i had hard time to figure out who beat who whenever there was a tv news on cricket. apparently it has two results, one is how many runs? the other is some kind of scores? but which one has more weight against the other to be the winning factor? i was so curious that i even asked around my colleagues(some of them are india origin)but still no clues. i was only learnt the score system is rather complicate and a match can run into several days before get concluded. anyone can help on this? thanks.

Calm down, there must be some mistake here.

If India did won a gold medal, i am pretty sure the authority won't intentionally keep it from the public.

But if there is a delay in updating this, we are sorry.

actually its the chinese weightlifter who won the gold . the report in indian media is wrong . i saw it on the official asian games website

1)India`s rifle shooters miss gold by a point to china..
India`s Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang and Sanjeev Rajput won the team silver in the men`s 10 metre air rifle event at the Asian Games here Saturday. The Indian trio missed the gold by a point.
They shot a total of 1,783 at the Aoti Shooting Range. China`s Zhu Qinan, 2004 Olympic champion, Yu Jikang and Cao Yifei won the gold with 1,784 points

2)In individual 10m event, India`s Gagan Narang claimed a silver behind China`s Liu Qinan by 1.3 points , 700.7 points behind Qinan's gold-winning effort of 702...

congratulations !

congrats! hope to see india win gold medal soon. same wish to pakistan too.

Back
Top Bottom