What's new

OPC (one of EDA softwares) successfully developed in Wuhan China.

kankan326

Reaction score
Country
China
Another breakthrough for China's semi-conductor industry.

1669559649204.png

1669559801401.png

Interesting! The US banned EDA tools on August 12 this year.

Can use the foreign products in the past, can't form the same in the technology industry in China

Now the United States has banned the use of foreign products in our country

On the other hand, import substitution can be achieved, China has a large market, from this point, far more than Russia, can form a large-scale industry.

After the formation of industry, will gradually upgrade and improve.

Interesting! The US banned EDA tools on August 12 this year.

only GAA-FET

only GAA-FET

I worked one of the most important EDA companies prior. Many US EDA companies are so hijack by MBAs that they have less than 10 person doing the real algorithm R&D. Most of their core algos are formulated over 30-40 years.

I do not see the difficulties in making EDA. You can do it by reading latest PHD papers.

But someone need to use it and so that you can fine tune it empirically.

Cadence is such a mess. Pulling out a layout is an event. There is always a problem. If your EDN software support is not around you cannot get anything done.

Cadence is such a mess. Pulling out a layout is an event. There is always a problem. If your EDN software support is not around you cannot get anything done.

Cadence allegro and Altium bla bla are so anti user experience. They still stick to same look and feel for so many years. And never seen any major algo upgrade for many years (not much break through in the PHD papers on classical EMI EMC domain also, if they want to improve it will be on quantum features). The upgrades and functional such as on prem to cloud....etc

Even small one man show Eagle can take over many of Cadence use case.

I have worked in a big US EDA. Their top scientist are not rewarded. The sales and MBA took all the monies. In big US tech, they pretend to respect talent but the big bosses really hate and frighten of smart people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom