What's new

Only 3 countries in the world can forge power plant components.

FairAndUnbiased

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
1 country on a peninsula and one subcontinental country aren't on the list.

Heavy Manufacturing of Power Plants

Reactor vendors prefer large forgings to be integral, as single products, but it is possible to use split forgings which are welded together. These welds then need checking through the life of the plant. Also, whereas Generation II reactors might require some 2000 tonnes of forgings, EPR and AP1000 units require about twice the amount.

Westinghouse says that the minimum requirement for making the largest AP1000 components is a 15,000 tonne press taking 350 tonne ingots.

The very heavy forging capacity in operation today is in Japan (Japan Steel Works), China (China First Heavy Industries and China Erzhong) and Russia (OMZ Izhora).

Nothing in North America currently approaches these enterprises.

Congratulations!!!
BTW: Did you bother to read the entire article or just saw a table and finished your "understanding"?

I quote the Chinese from my thread about Indians being the most successful immigrant population in the US. They said - " That's because the smart ones are in china"-- i.e. they called him a Dum__A___ on our shores . fill in the blank when debating him.

9000 tons is not enough sorry. That's tiny. That's 40% smaller than the requirement.

Forging Facility
Over the years Bharat Forge has created world-class capacities and capabilities. Our forging facilities consists of over 40 fully automated forgings press lines ranging from 1600T to 16000T. With a global installed forging capacity of 750,000T, BFL India is the world’s largest single location forging facility with an installed capacity of 240,000T.

All forging press lines are highly flexible, which gives the company the inherent advantage to simultaneously meet different customer demands and optimize capacity utilization. This allows Bharat Forge to meet the growing demands of its customers continuously.

I didn't bother checking with other Indian manufacturers.
Anyway congratulations.

Meanwhile India continues to import :lol:
They cant even make bullets while we send man to space, build ASAT technology, do space docking, win gold medals at Olympics, lend more to developing world than world bank, do mid course missile interception, etc

Indians can't even build an ICBM, their best missile is only 5000km IRBM.
:lol: useless!

:blah: last i heard chinese were claming for A-5 haveing range of 8000km. double standred of chinese?:azn:

They cant even make bullets while we send man to space, build ASAT technology, do space docking, win gold medals at Olympics, lend more to developing world than world bank, do mid course missile interception, etc

Usefulness is based on necessity.We dont plan to bomb North pole with that,you catch the drift?

Usefulness is based on necessity.We dont plan to bomb North pole with that,you catch the drift?

Nah, you just don't have the intelligence nor the technical capability to build such things. That's why India is the worlds largest weapons importer. Just look at the failed Kaveri engine.

Catch my drift?

Yup thought so!

I can see you are laughing on your foolishness....

Who told you that India can not make bullets...5000 km missile is enough to convert Beijing into graveyard....

Who told you that India can not make bullets...5000 km missile is enough to convert Beijing into graveyard....

News Flash !!

Beijing is the only city on the plant that cannot be destroyed by an ICBM.

Hope i satisfied the chinese ego.

1 country on a peninsula and one subcontinental country aren't on the list.

Heavy Manufacturing of Power Plants

............The very heavy forging capacity in operation today is in Japan (Japan Steel Works), China (China First Heavy Industries and China Erzhong) and Russia (OMZ Izhora).

Nothing in North America currently approaches these enterprises.

Incorrect.

USA has had heavy forging technology up to 50,000 tons for decades:

Heavy Press Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China and Russia are now at 80,000 ton forges, but given metallurgical advances, such ratings approach diminishing returns at these capacities.

Well 5,000 Km missile is enough for you guys unless you plan to shift Beijing to Siberia in fear.

The rest will be done when it is required.

Don't be harsh with him. He'd have been a nice buddy and not said all this if he didn't have a QBZ-95 barrel pointed at him by the Red Guard.

I mean come on man; even you or me would be throwing such garbage in the air if we were in a similar situation.

They CANNOT talk what the Guard doesn't allow them to talk.

It is tough for you and me to understand this completely but that's how it is.

Back
Top Bottom