What's new

ONGC, Russia’s Rosneft may join forces to send oil to India

Janmejay

Reaction score
Country
India
Firms may collaborate in Rosneft’s yet-to-be built liquefied gas plant to benefit LNG consumers in India
ongc1.jpg

Moscow: Rosneft NK OAO, the world’s top listed oil producer by output, may join forces with Indian state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd (ONGC) to supply oil to India over the long term, the Russian state-controlled company said on Tuesday.
It said both companies, which work together on Russia’s Sakhalin-1 project, may also join forces in Rosneft’s yet-to-be built liquefied natural gas plant in the far east of Russia to the benefit of Indian consumers of LNG.
Rosneft, which is increasing oil flows to Asia to diversify away from Europe, did not provide additional details but said it had discussed potential cooperation with Reliance Industries Ltd and Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
ONGC, Russia’s Rosneft may join forces to send oil to India - Livemint

Good news... one step in right direction takes India in new world it seems...
Way to go Russia - India.:yahoo:

I cant understand the article,how they are planning to transport LNG from a Russian plant to India??

I read an article few months back , It said that there not not many options when it come to pipeline from Russia to India. But the only viable one was via Afghanistan and Pakistan. But it was economical keeping the interest of India and Russia in mind.

The other one was through China , but the problem is mountainous route.

Here i found the article :ITAR-TASS: Economy - Rogozin says Russia-India oil pipeline project is possible :tup: But question still remains how are we going to get this Gas now ? I mean these are future ventures but what for now ?
It said both companies, which work together on Russia’s Sakhalin-1 project, may also join forces in Rosneft’s yet-to-be built liquefied natural gas plant in the far east of Russia to the benefit of Indian consumers of LNG.

I read an article few months back , It said that there not not many options when it come to pipeline from Russia to India. But the only viable one was via Afghanistan and Pakistan. But it was economical keeping the interest of India and Russia in mind.

The other one was through China , but the problem is mountainous route.

Here i found the article :ITAR-TASS: Economy - Rogozin says Russia-India oil pipeline project is possible :tup: But question still remains how are we going to get this Gas now ? I mean these are future ventures but what for now ?

i still think its possible to built a pipeline passing mountains, russia even built 3 gas pipelines under sea so if that is possible everything is possible maybe

Back
Top Bottom