What's new

ONE OF AMERICA’S FINEST HOURS – RESCUING THE BALKAN’S MUSLIMS FROM GENOCIDE

I'd suggest everyone watch the documentary, The Weight of Chains: The Weight of Chains (2010) - IMDb

The Weight of Chains is a Canadian documentary film that takes a critical look at the role that the US, NATO and the EU played in the tragic breakup of a once peaceful and prosperous European state - Yugoslavia. The film, bursting with rare stock footage never before seen by Western audiences, is a creative first-hand look at why the West intervened in the Yugoslav conflict, with an impressive roster of interviews with academics, diplomats, media personalities and ordinary citizens of the former Yugoslav republics. This film also presents positive stories from the Yugoslav wars - people helping each other regardless of their ethnic background, stories of bravery and self-sacrifice.

It's an eye opener.

Hmm... this is interesting, there are more like-minded people than I thought. Initially, I thought the board was full of 'one' ummah chest-thumpers - Well my bad. Awesome :toast_sign:

well for a while at least

It was the finest display of all that the founding fathers of the USA wanted the great nation to stand for.
And an insult.. and an eye opener.. again and again.. for all those fools who still believe in an Ummah with its current leadership.

Indeed

this help was purely on humanitarian grounds
not rescuing the oil wells of some Arab Shiekh from a mad Dictator

Images don't lie, these were Muslim Arabs who fought and liberated Bosnia.
The US came in too late after the massacres .

This is 7th muslim brigade from Zenica area. Do they look like arabs? Guy on the horse is Naser Orić, commander of forces in Srebrenica before UN proclaimed it as "safe heaven" and took away their weapons.

Canadian? Your fuckin general McKenzie is scum. He was guest in one of serbian rape camps, in Vogošća.

Our late president Izetbegović did mention specially few muslim contries who had played big role in our struggle. Pakistan was one of them. Pakistan, Saudi, Malasya, Iran & Turkey. Some gave us weapons, other money or used their diplomatic influence esspecially in the US. Did someone could do more, dont know.
US indeed was only western power who had our back. For Franch and Brits Milošević was their guy.

Very sad. I guess this is what is happening in Burma/ myamer right now. But it seems we are looking the other way....

What would be a good resource to learn in detail about the conflict... i have seen the death of a nation documentary on the yugoslavian war... I would appreciate if if someone could point me towards some literature to understand this conflict better... Thanks in advance!

What would be a good resource to learn in detail about the conflict... i have seen the death of a nation documentary on the yugoslavian war... I would appreciate if if someone could point me towards some literature to understand this conflict better... Thanks in advance!

Genocide in Bosnia: The Policy of "Ethnic Cleansing" by Norman Cigar
A Witness to Genocide: The 1993 Pulitzer Prize-Winning Dispatches on the "Ethnic Cleansing" of Bosnia
"To End the war" by Richard Holbrook - US administration perspective

Cant really remember any more witten in english.

Genocide in Bosnia: The Policy of "Ethnic Cleansing" by Norman Cigar
A Witness to Genocide: The 1993 Pulitzer Prize-Winning Dispatches on the "Ethnic Cleansing" of Bosnia
"To End the war" by Richard Holbrook - US administration perspective

Cant really remember any more witten in english.

Thanks will definately look for them!

I feel really sad Turks didn't act. This will happen never again. Fking NATO didn't want Turkey to intervene.

Arab's could not even stop Israel. Try again buddy.

what do you mean could not even?
Isreal was backed by Euopean superpowers and the US. Who gave them weapons, training and money. The Arabs? well they had some soviet equipment that they bought!

I already know you hate us sub human browns so I am not surprised that your racism is especially sharp when it comes to Arabs.

Arabs outnumbered israel hugely,militarily and economically.Plus had full backing of the ussr and recieved enormous free weaponry.They lost because of their own incompetence ,not lack of support.Don't hide behind false racism shield.[a trend increasingly common]

what do you mean could not even?
Isreal was backed by Euopean superpowers and the US. Who gave them weapons, training and money. The Arabs? well they had some soviet equipment that they bought!

I already know you hate us sub human browns so I am not surprised that your racism is especially sharp when it comes to Arabs.

Did Arabs not lose? how does that equal me hating "browns" lol. Quit putting words in my mouth. And Levant Arabs are olive. They look more white than South Aian (Assad, et al).

Back
Top Bottom