What's new

[old article - question] For how long Bangladesh will carry such national hate against Pakistan?

74H1R

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Was stumbled upon an old article on a Bangladeshi website. You send your ambassador and Hasina reminds him war crimes of 1971. Before we mend ties with India, it's important that we fix things with Bangladesh. How long we will go like this?

Your ambassador, tells Hasina that Imran Khan praises the growth of Bangladesh and wants to follow the same. Hasina reply with a bare acknowledgment. It's a tough job for diplomats also.

Even things are not that worst with India if such a high-level meeting happens.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangla...asina-pakistan-s-1971-atrocities-unforgivable
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-26 at 2.57.02 PM.jpeg

I think it high time both countries accept the history as it happened and move on. Pakistan should officially apologize for what happened in 71 and BD should accept it and move towards better relations

I think it high time both countries accept the history as it happened and move on. Pakistan should officially apologize for what happened in 71 and BD should accept it and move towards better relations
I agree. There is no serious effort made from the Pakistani side. At least we don't see anything in news. IMO, with India, things are different. People have connections with people. So on both sides, people are aware of the trouble makers who are extremists and warmonger. But with Bangladesh, perhaps there are fewer connections with people, the same troubled status-quo is maintained.

For example, Imran Khan visited Sri Lanka, shows a bond between the two countries. Heck, what's wrong with PK-Bangladesh.

Perhaps Bangladesh expects too much and can't just settle on an apology. Like they want Pakistan should hang some of their generals who were responsible for this. Just like they did with Jamat e Islami people in their country. Hanged them.

I have great respect for Bangladeshis. I wish same thing to be maintained at state levels. Where we consider each just more than another country in the neighborhood. Pakistan need textbook syllabus ammendment also (operation gibralter is another topic). Big thing. But someone has to do it.

Last edited:

Can you three do the same about Kashmir and let it become an independent state? Give it's people some long lasting peace and become friend with Pakistan to improve regional connectivity and business-trade?

Kashmir is Pakistan's business to settle with India.

I don't know if we have any skin in that game....other than helping Kashmiri students and people on a humanitarian level. As Muslims we should help the cause of Kashmir and Kashmiris (who are majority Muslim) .

Death, Taxes, and indians thinking their comments are needed on Pakistan-Bangladesh ties. the certainties of life.

Pakistan need textbook syllabus ammendment

what do you want to amend in there regarding 1971? what facts do you want in there?

Before we mend ties with India, it's important that we fix things with Bangladesh. How long we will go like this?
- Please understand that mending Pakistan's political relationship will scare BD. BD will remain defenseless. Whatever may be the relationship between BD and Pakistan, the latter's tense border with India keeps us safer.

- However, giving India a transport corridor for civilian goods to Afghanistan and Central Asian countries should be seen in a different light. In reality, Pakistan gets more benefits out of it.

- However, it is imperative that BD mends its relationship with Pakistan in the shortest possible time.

- Note also that for our own security BD needs India to use its land and water for transportation with its NE. India cannot then bully a weak BD.

I think it high time both countries accept the history as it happened and move on. Pakistan should
Can you three do the same about Kashmir and let it become an independent state? Give it's people some long lasting peace and become friend with Pakistan to improve regional connectivity and business-trade?
Sure I would if kashmir was a nation

- However, it is imperative that BD mends its relationship with Pakistan in the shortest possible time.
Trade. CPEC. Defense corporation. Education. There are so many things on the table. Given that there is no hotspot (or regional dispute) among these countries. What is the delay. Not sure when this is happening. Maybe under the influence of China, Bangladesh joins hands with Pakistan.

what do you want to amend in there regarding 1971? what facts do you want in there?
There is a lot of discrepancy of history which is covered in textbooks or materials available in the mainstream. If we don't do retrospect on the history, we are bound to repeat it. Perhaps gradual, but persistent.

Justt like some of our punjabis will stay loyal to sikhs.. some of our Pashtuns will be loyal to afgans.. similarly there are bengalis there in power who will stay loyal to their hindu bengali brothers across the border in india in the name of culture language and politics... in short there is no hope for voice of reason.
I hope my cold examples helped u folks understand the problem.

There is a lot of discrepancy of history which is covered in textbooks or materials available in the mainstream. If we don't do retrospect on the history, we are bound to repeat it. Perhaps gradual, but persistent.

until Pakistan and Bangladesh agree on what the facts are there is no point in changing our textbooks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom