What's new

Oil production up 19%, gas down 1% in 1Q FY15

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistan’s oil an average production increased by 19 percent in the first quarter of 2014-15 (1Q FY15) to stand at 94,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) as compared with 79,000 bopd in corresponding period last year, whereas the average gas production during the period dropped 1 percent to 3,955 million cubic feet per day (mmcfd) versus 3,977 mmcfd in 1Q FY14.
Overall, the hydrocarbon production in Pakistan, which stood at an average 787,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed) in 1Q FY14, averaged 799,000 boed in 1QFY15, up merely 1 percent in 1Q FY15 as per statistic provided by exploration and production of companies to local equity research centre.
The net realised prices on oil sales are 5.5x higher than that on gas. Hence, revenue growth from higher oil production outweighs revenue-loss from decline in gas production for exploration and production companies in Pakistan. However, in 1Q FY15, Arab Light prices averaged $103.4/bbl versus $108.6/bbl in similar period last year, while 2 percent average rupee appreciation against US dollar also failed to favor local exploration and production players.
Oil and Gas Development Company achieved 4 percent improvement in total production with the 2 percent growth in average oil production and 4 percent higher gas in 1Q FY15, showing cumulative hydrocarbon production of Compnay was up 4 percent to stand at 259,000 boed as compared to 250,000 boed in corresponding period last year.
The Company benefited from higher production in blocks like Nashpa and Tal, where cumulative average production contributed 17,000 bopd (41% of OGDC’s total oil production), up 30 percent from 13,000 bopd in 1Q FY14.
Pakistan Petroleum recorded average production of 157k boed versus 160k boed in 1Q FY14, down 2 percent. Its average oil production registered highest growth of 23 percent averaging 14,000 bopd versus 12,000 bopd in 1Q FY14.
On the contrary, gas production declined 4 percent to average 802 mmcfd versus 834 mmcfd in similar period last year. Driven by volumetric growth in Tal and Naspha, PPL’s oil production grew substantially during the period. However, this impact was mainly offset by 25 mmcfd decline in gas production from Sui.
In FY14, cumulative hydrocarbon production of Pakistan Oilfields was down 5 percent at 19, 000 boed as compared to 20,000 boed in corresponding period last year. Its oil production posted an increase of 15 percent as it stood at 6,413 bopd versus 5,563 bopd in 1Q FY14. This was mainly due to higher production from Tal block, which contributed 68 percent to POL’s total oil production versus 57 percent in 1Q FY14. The Company’s average gas production dropped to 70 mmcfd versus 81 mmcfd in 1Q FY14 down 13 percent.

Oil production up 19%, gas down 1% in 1Q FY15

the prices have not decreased so useless news for me, and every other average Pakistani.

the prices have not decreased so useless news for me, and every other average Pakistani.

Say what you will, if these sort of trends continue, it's good for us, hell any good news is good. We missed news like this for some 5 years.

Say what you will, if these sort of trends continue, it's good for us, hell any good news is good. We missed news like this for some 5 years.

Such trends would mean something only if they outpace other trends of increases in demand and population. And they do not, thereby raising only false hopes. That is the problem with such news.

Such trends would mean something only if they outpace other trends of increases in demand and population. And they do not, thereby raising only false hopes. That is the problem with such news.

Please leave me be, you don't know how much better I sleep at night watching PTV.

Please leave me be, you don't know how much better I sleep at night watching PTV.

As you wish Sir, sleep all you want. I will be quiet. Just remember, you still have to wake up in the morning sometime.

As you wish Sir, sleep all you want. I will be quiet. Just remember, you still have to wake up in the morning sometime.

I tried that already, didn't work out so well. :-)
I envy those who don't know any better.

Back
Top Bottom