What's new

Officials: Israel linked to a disruptive cyberattack on Iranian port facility

TheImmortal

Reaction score
Country
United States
On May 9, shipping traffic at Iran’s bustling Shahid Rajaee port terminal came to an abrupt and inexplicable halt. Computers that regulate the flow of vessels, trucks and goods all crashed at once, creating massive backups on waterways and roads leading to the facility.

After waiting a day, Iranian officials acknowledged that an unknown foreign hacker had briefly knocked the port’s computers offline. Now, more than a week later, a more complete explanation has come to light: The port was the victim of a substantial cyberattack that U.S. and foreign government officials say appears to have originated with Iran’s archenemy, Israel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...a-89fd-28fb313d1886_story.html?outputType=amp

It's probably a response to our cyber attack on their water infrastructures.

Stop quoting me for nonsense. Water supply requires infrastructures.
As I said the servers that used for cyber attack on their water supply were in USA not iran . so it was probably some american who did that.
After all not all American agree with Zionism and USA policy in middle east.

As I said the servers that used for cyber attack on their water supply were in USA not iran . so it was probably some american who did that.
Well, that's not what you said, but that can be true. However, the location of a server is not really a decisive proof for the origin of the attack unless it's an isolated server which isn't the case here.

There is no proof for this cyberattack. We know people in Iranian ports and we have not heard of any problem.

Iran did report a cyberattack.

Recently? Where was it published?

I have found this limited attack:

محمد راستاد مدیر عامل سازمان بنادر و دریانوردی ایران، " چند روز پیش" به قصد "نفوذ در سامانه‌های سازمان بنادر" بود که "ناکام" مانده و فقط توانسته به "تعدادی از سامانه‌های اختصاصی عملیاتی بخش خصوصی در بنادر نفوذ کند و آسیب برساند."

Last edited:
Recently? Where was it published?

I have found this limited attack:

محمد راستاد مدیر عامل سازمان بنادر و دریانوردی ایران، " چند روز پیش" به قصد "نفوذ در سامانه‌های سازمان بنادر" بود که "ناکام" مانده و فقط توانسته به "تعدادی از سامانه‌های اختصاصی عملیاتی بخش خصوصی در بنادر نفوذ کند و آسیب برساند."

How about you use a simple website called Google?

I literally found this in less than 10 seconds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zd...failed-cyber-attack-on-strait-of-hormuz-port/

Yes some American hacker sitting in his moms basement decided to hack the Israeli water supply infrastructure network.

Also it is literally hacking 101 to route your attack through another server to “mask” your internet trail. So the attack coming from US server is not suspicious at all. What would have been suspicious is if it came directly from an Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian/Lebanese server as that would show total incompetence.

Also it is literally hacking 101 to route your attack through another server to “mask” your internet trail. So the attack coming from US server is not suspicious at all. What would have been suspicious is if it came directly from an Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian/Lebanese server as that would show total incompetence.
you can trail those reroute back to the original attacker , did they manage to do that to an Iranian group ?
and by the way American hacker (in fact all hacker around the world) are far more united than what you think

this is Iran Secretary of Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani: response last time

you can trail those reroute back to the original attacker , did they manage to do that to an Iranian group ?
and by the way American hacker (in fact all hacker around the world) are far more united than what you think

If you could trace back then hackers wouldn’t exist now would they? VPNs would not exist now would they?

If the hacker was competent then the trail may never be uncovered and only a general area be revealed. At least it won’t be uncovered by ordinary open source or cyberfirms. A state sponsored attack would likely require a state sponsored investigation to uncover more clues.

Point is if an American hacker attack Israel he wouldn’t be dumb enough to use a US based server he would likely use Russia, Iranian, Chinese to throw off the trail. Even then Israeli Cyber intelligence would easily track the source because the hacker would be civilian rogue and not part of a state sponsored element.

So your point is again invalid. Don’t post propaganda as fact.

Back
Top Bottom