What's new

Official Indian Air Force-themed Video Game On The Anvil

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
Appealing to prospective recruits in a language they're familiar with.

The Indian Air Force [IAF] recently recently issued a notification inviting 'Expression of Interest' from game developers for building an IAF-themed game, initially, for the mobile platform - Android & iOS OS. A move in the right direction, to reach out to the Indian youth, through a medium they can relate to. This would be the first such move by any branch of the Indian Armed Forces, though enthusiasts have been developing themed skins for use in existing games.

A truly "high end Air Combat game" even today is best executed on the gaming consoles or desktop/laptop PC platforms, despite the massive increase in "juice" of current mobile & tablets PC. Nevertheless, this move to go mobile is prudent, given their unbeatable convenience & accessibility, translating to reach, the underlying aim of this IAF initiative. One prays that the final outcome is named something more perceptible than 'INDIAN AIR FORCE - THE MOST EXCITING GAME', as currently mentioned in the notification - tacky as hell. Despite this apparent sea change in the IAF's approach to highlight itself, the disconnect still shows through. Why, for examples, a game built for the mobile platform, a communication device, have Social Media integration as an upgrade, and not as an integral feature from the very first version? Also, not having multi-player mode from the onset strikes a discordant note - enemy A.I. in today's mobile games are laughable. The option to syndicate the game to online gaming portals could free it the responsibility of maintaining its own multi-player server, if that is an investment it isn't certain about.

Indian-Air-Force-IAF-Mobile-Game.jpg

This bit of news is a déjà vu, of sorts, as during the personal interview at SSB some time back, I had suggested that the IAF, actually all the branches, adopt this method, suggestion inspired, no doubt, from playing America's Army. Had suggested that the game be coded to make it playable on Netbooks, whose usage, I thought, would spread as extensively as today's entry-level Android cellphones & tablets. Netbooks experienced a premature death, but the idea still remains very much relevant, albeit on a different platform.

Link - Official Indian Air Force-themed Video Game On The Anvil - AA Me, IN

:woot::yahoo::bounce::argh::cheesy:

Who wanna play with me in multi-player mode ??:azn:

Check out this one from China. Looks great! I think we need to co-opt Microsoft to make a combat flight simulator. Their Flight Sim X is just amazing. They can use the same graphics engines and flight physics that are extraordinarily realistic.

china-pla-onlinegame.jpg

'GLORIOUS MISSION' Screenshot of the homepage of the "Glorious Mission Online" game.

china-1_660_080113060905.jpg

A video game backed by China's military that lets players fight enemy forces in islands disputed between Beijing and Tokyo was set for release Thursday, August 1.

"Glorious Mission Online", China's answer to "Call of Duty", marks the 86th anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army (PLA).

The game, an online version of an earlier first-person shooter used by the PLA to train troops, features the East China Sea islands known as Diaoyu by Beijing and Senkaku by Tokyo.

Tensions have been mounting over the islands, which are claimed by China but controlled by Japan. Beijing's vessels regularly sail into the disputed waters and, according to state media, tell Japanese ships they are encroaching on its territory.

A press release for the game says: "Players... will fight alongside Chinese armed forces and use weapons to tell the Japanese that 'Japan must return our stolen territory!'"

Images from the game's website are labelled "Guard the Diaoyu islands", and a trailer posted online features shots of Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

china-4_660_080113060905.jpg

It also shows planes taking off from a computer-generated version of China's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, which went into service last year.

Giant co-operated closely with the PLA while working on the game to ensure that weapons looked authentic and soldiers' voices were accurate, said company vice-president Gu Wen.

The release comes at a time of increased fears over the PLA's expansion amongst China's neighbors -- Beijing is also in dispute with several countries in the South China Sea.

"It's about soft power," he said. "Through the game we want to allow ordinary people to gain an understanding of the army, which is often seen as closed-off and mysterious.

"In Western games the People's Liberation Army is always the enemy, this is the first game where it is on the good side."

Maggie Du, director of Giant's Center for Overseas Business Development, insisted "Glorious Mission Online" would not add to the tensions between China and its neighbors.

China-Japan island dispute in new online game

Here's the older version but the new on-line one is far better....

So now politics has come down to video games! This one is Sino-Japanese. The next video game by the PLA would probably be based on the Sino-Indian border environment!! I can't wait to get hold of that one!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do this properly- spend time, spend enough and select the right decliners.

Certainly the talent is there in India. I don't want this to be some mediocre flop. This should be the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom