What's new

Official: China to invest 30 bln yuan in Tibet

aimarraul

Reaction score
Official: China to invest 30 bln yuan in Tibet
10:03, March 12, 2010

China will give more financial support to Tibet Autonomous Region during the 12th Five-Year Plan period (2011-2015), which may double or more than that of the previous Five-Year Plan, Sita, vice minister of the United Front Work Department said on Wednesday.

Sita said the drawing up of the 12th Five-Year Plan was still in progress and the investment was preliminarily estimated at 30 billion yuan or more.

Most of the investment is to be pumped into improving the livelihood, especially the manufacture and living conditions in the agriculture and animal husbandry areas in Tibet, according to Sita, also member of the Third Session of the 11th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political and Consultative Conference (CPPCC).

Investment to boost development in Tibetan-inhabited areas in Qinghai, Gansu, Yunnan and Sichuan provinces, will be also increased. The Tibetan areas are expected to meet a profound development together with Tibet.

During the 12th Five-Year Plan, the Central Government will issue a series of beneficial measures to support the education, medical treatment and endowment problem.

Meanwhile the environmental protection is also a key task during this period. China has issued many measures to protect the environment in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, where some headstreams of China's some major rivers lie.

To curb excessive grazing and denudation, many farmers and herdsmen in the vicinity of the Sanjiangyuan Area have been migrated from the core reserve area. New houses were built for them to settle down with jobs and subsidies from the government.

Sita pointed out that the livelihood was inseparable from China's economic and social development.

"China was used to invest money in construction of infrastructure facilities in isolated regions like Tibet, but now with the growing of our national strength, we can spare more resources to improve the livelihood."

Source:China Tibet Information Center

aimarraul

great to hear about the investment....

i have a sincere question? what is the problem with chinese people in providing greater autonomy to people of tibet to preserve their culture. even dalai lama accepts the chinese rule but he wants more autonomy for his people so that they can preserve there culture. please explain.... since i dont know chinese so i am only acquitted with indian part of story

aimarraul

great to hear about the investment....

i have a sincere question? what is the problem with chinese people in providing greater autonomy to people of tibet to preserve their culture. even dalai lama accepts the chinese rule but he wants more autonomy for his people so that they can preserve there culture. please explain.... since i dont know chinese so i am only acquitted with indian part of story

The autonomy is already given, just not to Dalai Lama, because he has a history of supporting armed uprising for succession. We don't trust him. Tibetan schools are instructed in local language, and effort is in to preserve the culture. The cultural genocide story from Dalai Lama is just not true.

The autonomy is already given, just not to Dalai Lama, because he has a history of supporting armed uprising for succession. We don't trust him. Tibetan schools are instructed in local language, and effort is in to preserve the culture. The cultural genocide story from Dalai Lama is just not true.

Ok thats great... but do the chinese have the demands of dalai lama and the people of Tibet. I mean to say when these guys say that they want something thats obvious that they will have a set of demands.

can you please share light on them. and if they are met then what is the fuss all about. we have many monks around delhi and have interacted with quite few couple of them. they hardly speak any ill about the chinese.....

Ok thats great... but do the chinese have the demands of dalai lama and the people of Tibet. I mean to say when these guys say that they want something thats obvious that they will have a set of demands.

can you please share light on them. and if they are met then what is the fuss all about. we have many monks around delhi and have interacted with quite few couple of them. they hardly speak any ill about the chinese.....

The Dalai has no real demands. He is attacking a nonexistent problem. Tibetans learn their language. Hans and assimilated minorities (basically, non-Tibetans and Uyghurs) don't like moving to tibet much. Buddhism is preserved in temples and museums with guards. The only thing he is demanding is the right to be a slavemaster again.

Back
Top Bottom