What's new

[OFFICIAL] Ahok is the First Chinese–Indonesian Acting Governor in Capital of Indonesia, Jakarta!

Daniel808

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Jakarta.
Effective from today, 2 June, Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama officially takes over as Acting Governor of Jakarta, replacing Governor Joko Widodo, who is campaigning for the presidency. Ahok becomes the first Chinese – Indonesian Acting Governor in independent Indonesia’s 68-year history.

Ahok is also the first Chinese – Indonesian to govern a city with a Muslim-majority population. In addition, the 47-year-old becomes the highest-ranking Chinese Indonesian politician among Indonesia’s elected governmental positions.

Ahok’s rise to the governorship is remarkable, considering that the Chinese Indonesians were the targets of severe ethnic violence only 16 years ago during the 1998 riots. Being a “double minority” – Chinese and Christian – Ahok suffered several racial smear campaigns when he ran in the Jakarta gubernatorial election in 2012 alongside Jokowi. Yet in spite of all the attacks, he never wavered from his goal of creating a modern and organized Jakarta, while improving the living conditions of the lower class.

From character to working style, the former regent of East Belitung is totally different to Jokowi. While Jokowi is soft-spoken, Ahok is well known for his tough character and occasional outbursts to push underperforming officials to fulfill their duties.

However, he says he will not change his working style. He will still work to improve the city bureaucracy in Jakarta, to improve transparency and administrative efficiency so as to help Jakarta solve its challenges. He will not do ‘blusukan’ as often as Jokowi. “I will only go for blusukan every weekend, during holidays or at night,” he said at Jakarta City Hall (30/5).

GIV, this morning, asked the comment of the Special Assistant to the Acting Governor, Michael Victor Sianipar. Michael said there will be no significant changes to Ahok’s duties. In fact, Jokowi has already been gradually delegating his duties since entering the presidential race to ensure a smooth transition. “The only change is that there will be more letters and activities for him to attend,” Michael said. In addition, the 23-year-old special assistant emphasized that the main goal for Ahok as Acting Governor is to ensure there are no disruptions to the running of Jakarta during this election period.

On his first day as Acting Governor, Ahok already has a packed schedule and agenda, from a meeting to discuss the progress of various programs, to listening to reports from sub-district leaders, to negotiations with investors in the Jakarta monorail.

Based on Chapter 132 A of Government Regulations (Peraturan Pemerintah – PP) 49 in 2008, an Acting Governor is allowed to make his own policies, but only under a few conditions. Any new policies should not cancel policies introduced by previous officials. Licenses which contradict previous regulations also may not be issued. Personnel changes involving government officials may be carried out with agreement from the Ministry of Home Affairs.

As for Jokowi, he is officially a non-active Governor from 1 June to 20 October 2014. As such, he is not allowed to use state resources such as a home office, official car, and official budgets meant for the Governor. However, he is still entitled to a basic salary and compensation.

[OFFICIAL] Ahok is the First Chinese - Indonesian Acting Governor in Indonesia | Global Indonesian Voices

Ahok 2.jpg

Ahok 3.jpg

Ahok 4.jpg

Acting Governor of Jakarta Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama in his office

Good news for Indonesia, Congrats!

BTW Indonesia allow the military officer as a mayor in Indonesian politics ?!

Thanks, bro @cnleio

No, in Indonesia for Military Officer, if they want to running for Mayor or Governor election. They must resigning or retiring from Active Duty Military :-)

An active one? Nope. Military is strictly to remain off politics.
But the retirement (not as military officer anymore) may to do so.

They are not the army there...The uniform is just similar....those people on the picture are Jakarta governors office guards...which is not really a discipline corps, any body can enter and work there :rolleyes:

Ahok wear DKI Jakarta vice governor uniform ....(Soeharto before tried to militarize our civil servant, and the uniform hasnt yet been changed)

It is the way our army look like :

Indonesia-Army-Special-Forces-Kopassus.jpg

sjafrie-sjamsoeddin.jpg

Safrie Samsoedin (this is a real military officer)

:coffee:

Last edited:
They are not the army there...The uniform is just similar....those people on the picture are Jakarta governors office guards...which is not really a discipline corps, any body can enter and work there :rolleyes:

Ahok wear DKI Jakarta vice governor uniform ....(Soeharto before tried to militarize our civil servant, and the uniform hasnt yet been changed)

It is the way our army look like :
:coffee:

Interesting ! Indonesian civil servant uniform really looks like the military officer's uniform

When i first time to see this pic, OMG his rank is the lieutenant general as Jakarta governor. :p:
ahok-4-jpg.34305

Interesting ! Indonesian civil servant uniform really looks like the military officer's uniform

When i first time to see this pic, OMG his rank is the lieutenant general as Jakarta governor. :p:

:lol:

Not only like that, but there is also a special school to be a civil servants, and the school uses military discipline. All students who are there has very good physical look as well and quite clever, men and women. The people on that picture that you look is the lowest civil servants rank, just security guards, usually they just only have high school graduate or maybe below that grade.

ipdn_praja.jpg

IPDN student (Civil Servant specialized School) / same like university student (there is a bachelor degree level also)

@Indos

One question, how to distinguish these civil servant ranks and military officer ranks ? Is there special ranks system for civil servants in Indonesia, or civil servant ranks == military officer ranks ?

It's best if there's the civial servant ranks map or introduction pics, i wanna study it. Ths ! :cheers:

ipdn_praja.jpg

IPDN student (Civil Servant specialized School) / same like university student (there is a bachelor degree level also)

An uncle of mine is a graduate, and a cousin of mine is also becoming one within 2 weeks. My uncle said he didn't learn much academic at IPDN except leadership, discipline, and responsibility. :-)

We have several other special academy with military style like this.

One question, how to distinguish these civil servant ranks and military officer ranks ? Is there special ranks system for civil servants in Indonesia, or civil servant ranks == military officer ranks ?

It's best if there's the civial servant ranks map or introduction pics, i wanna study it. Ths ! :cheers:

There is TNI words in the edge of the rank = military officer rank :cheers:

20120326WAMENHAN7.jpg

An uncle of mine is a graduate, and a cousin of mine is also becoming one within 2 weeks. My uncle said he didn't learn much academic at IPDN except leadership, discipline, and responsibility. :-)

We have several other special academy with military style like this.

Yeah my cousin also join in :partay:

Back
Top Bottom