What's new

Not Just Assemble, Boeing Keen To 'Make In India' Super Hornet Fighters

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

NEW DELHI:
Boeingwants to build a globally competitive industrial base in India and it is in "exploratory" talks to see if they can manufacture F/A-18 Super Hornet fighters in the country, the American aviation giant said today.

The company is not interested in just assembling the aircraft but making it completely under the 'Make in India' initiative, Boeing India President Pratyush Kumar said.

However for any such initiative the US and India's strategic convergence would be critical, he said.

"Offer is too strong a word. There is no such thing as an offer. There is an initial thinking. We want to create a globally competitive industrial base in India," Mr Kumar told Press Trust of India when asked about Boeing'sreported offer to the Indian government to manufacture F/A-18 locally.

He said the company thinks that F/A 18 Super Hornet could be an important wedge to create that scale and get going on defence manufacturing on a very large scale.

He said thatBoeing has had various dialogues, exploratory discussionswith different stakeholders.

"India with its deep and broad capability in engineering... we think it is a win-win proposition in the longer run. And that is why we are interested in this," Mr Kumar said.

"At the end of the day, US and India strategic convergence is critical. None of that would be possible without government to government alignment. So that is all subject to government approval, both from US side and the Indian side," Mr Kumar said.

Not Just Assemble, Boeing Keen To 'Make In India' Super Hornet Fighters

Super Hornets are not that bad, but its A-A role is questionable compared to other peers.

Super Hornets are not that bad, but its A-A role is questionable compared to other peers.

Who is looking at the capability of the F/18 SH, look at the desperation brother, first SAAB, and now Boeing, won't surprise if Mig and Euro consortium too join this club Lolz.

Statements

1. SAAB -- We are ready to give all tech, and even help in AMCA, pls kill MK-2, and N-LCA and choose Sea Grippen

2. Boeing -- Not just assembly, build the aircraft, for the global customer, to make india aero hub, Great.

3. LM -- F-16 is gonna build in India for sure, and block 60 is best for the IAF, because PAF have block 52.

4. MIG -- There is no report, why MIg-35 was not selected, so we are still in race.

5. Eurofighter Consortium -- We don' think Dassault can deliver 36 Rafale in the fixed time frame, and should buy EF-2000 for its medium category MMCA.

6. Dassault -- Give me money, because don't tell anybody, we are not different that HAL, and to ramp up the production to double we need 3 years and money to open up the lines, and supplier chain, but we are confident, nobody will raise fighter like indians raises for the HAL, for slow production.

7. Sukhoi -- India should buy SU-35

8. HAL/ADA -- MK-2 not before 2024, and need 2.5 years to ramp up production, and 1200 crore to open the new line.

9. IAF -- We want world class fighter plane and not a puny planes like LCA which don't have range, internal jammer, maws, rwr, aesa --- and with all the certification. Shhhhhhhh Even MKI don't have Internal jammer, MAWS

10. Indians Members --- We will distroy whole PAF in 24 hours.

11. Pakistani Members -- Does LCA Tejas can fly or just move on troller.

12. Knight11 ----- Lage Raho ...............!!!!!

Adv SH can be rafales substitute. No other planes is suitable. Also commonality in engines with tejas mk2 and possibly amca.

Yea it does tells the story .
Question remains is India a victim of too many options Lol

Who is looking at the capability of the F/18 SH, look at the desperation brother, first SAAB, and now Boeing, won't surprise if Mig and Euro consortium too join this club Lolz.

Statements

1. SAAB -- We are ready to give all tech, and even help in AMCA, pls kill MK-2, and N-LCA and choose Sea Grippen

2. Boeing -- Not just assembly, build the aircraft, for the global customer, to make india aero hub, Great.

3. LM -- F-16 is gonna build in India for sure, and block 60 is best for the IAF, because PAF have block 52.

4. MIG -- There is no report, why MIg-35 was not selected, so we are still in race.

5. Eurofighter Consortium -- We don' think Dassault can deliver 36 Rafale in the fixed time frame, and should buy EF-2000 for its medium category MMCA.

6. Dassault -- Give me money, because don't tell anybody, we are not different that HAL, and to ramp up the production to double we need 3 years and money to open up the lines, and supplier chain, but we are confident, nobody will raise fighter like indians raises for the HAL, for slow production.

7. Sukhoi -- India should buy SU-35

8. HAL/ADA -- MK-2 not before 2024, and need 2.5 years to ramp up production, and 1200 crore to open the new line.

9. IAF -- We want world class fighter plane and not a puny planes like LCA which don't have range, internal jammer, maws, rwr, aesa --- and with all the certification. Shhhhhhhh Even MKI don't have Internal jammer, MAWS

12. Knight11 ----- Lage Raho ...............!!!!!

Well as IAF says RAFALE is Plan A and there is no Plan B.

This is the IAF's anthem for RAFALE . Nothing Else Matters

So close no matter how far (waiting since 2007)
Couldn't be much more from the heart (IAF loves RAFALEs)
Forever trusting who we are (In love since the Mirage affair)
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way (Never fought so openly with MOD)
Life is ours, we live it our way (Don't worry the deal will happen)
All these words I don't just say (When I say it I mean it)
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you (Your availability rate is unbeatable)
Every day for us something new (New capabilities being added every day)
Open mind for a different view (Opening new opportunities for new war strategies)
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do (Never cared for the competitors and yellow press propaganda against you)
Never cared for what they know (Never cared for the uneducated and gullible public opinion)
But I know (I know your reliability and capability)

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know

I never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
And I know

No nothing else matters

@Vauban @halloweene @Picdelamirand-oil @Taygibay @PARIKRAMA @cerberus @Blue Marlin @Nilgiri @Ankit Kumar @Skull and Bones @C130 @Abingdonboy @randomradio @Techy @sathya @anant_s @GURU DUTT @Levina @raktaka @Armani @knight11

India buying F-18 E/F advance, along with the rights and production of the GE-414 engine for LCA MK-II and AMCA would be a big deal collaboration.

maybe even Boeing could be a partner in the AMCA design.

Boeing does have some experience with advance stealth designs

boeing-x32-jsf.jpg

India buying F-18 E/F advance, along with the rights and production of the GE-414 engine for LCA MK-II and AMCA would be a big deal collaboration.

boeing-x32-jsf.jpg

First time seeing it in that top angle.

boeing-x32-jsf.jpg

Janab first Boeing offer to build F-18 in India, and it is not necessary it ends up with IAF of IN inventory.
Second, we are not the one who takes these decission, and IAF, GOI, and RM all have zeroed on Rafale due to the fact, IAF like French equipment, and are familiar with it with Mirrage 2000, have commonality with the Weapons like MICA IR/RF, and the tools required for the maintainance, and the fact, that french continues to provide support and weapons during the sanction periods. And the last but not the least, the decission to choose the weapon package is based on the fittment of the requirement and the strategy developed, and not thru the Propaganda and Broucher of the OEM.

F-18 doesn't make much sense given that India have MKIs. F16 fits the bill of filling retirings Mig21s.

Well as IAF says RAFALE is Plan A and there is no Plan B.

This is the IAF's anthem for RAFALE . Nothing Else Matters

So close no matter how far (waiting since 2007)
Couldn't be much more from the heart (IAF loves RAFALEs)
Forever trusting who we are (In love since the Mirage affair)
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way (Never fought so openly with MOD)
Life is ours, we live it our way (Don't worry the deal will happen)
All these words I don't just say (When I say it I mean it)
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you (Your availability rate is unbeatable)
Every day for us something new (New capabilities being added every day)
Open mind for a different view (Opening new opportunities for new war strategies)
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do (Never cared for the competitors and yellow press propaganda against you)
Never cared for what they know (Never cared for the uneducated and gullible public opinion)
But I know (I know your reliability and capability)

And nothing else matters

But I know

I never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
And I know

No nothing else matters

@Vauban @halloweene @Picdelamirand-oil @Taygibay @PARIKRAMA @cerberus @Blue Marlin @Nilgiri @Ankit Kumar @Skull and Bones @C130 @Abingdonboy @randomradio @Techy @sathya @anant_s @GURU DUTT @Levina @raktaka @Armani @knight11

Sharadi na varshati, garjati,
Varshati varshasu nihsvanah meghah,
Nichah vadati, na kurute,
Vadati na sadhuh karoti eva,

Autumn clouds are always loud, yet are unendowed.(with rain)
but Monsoon wonder, which never thunder yields rains under.
Lowly man talks many thing but does nothing,
Deeds are done by great men who never preach.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom