What's new

Norwegian Terrorist complains of cold coffee and video games in Jail.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Breivik complains about prison conditions

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:00am AEDT

Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik has complained about his prison conditions.

In a letter to authorities, the man who killed 77 people in a bombing and shooting frenzy in July last year, described his solitary confinement and frequent strip searches as sadistic.He also complained about having to drink cold coffee and being denied moisturiser and video games."I highly doubt that there are worse detention facilities in Norway," the right-wing extremist wrote in the letter, according to tabloid Verdens Gang (VG).The 27-page letter to Norway's correctional services was published on Friday after his lawyer revealed that his client believed his prison conditions "breached human rights".

In excerpts from the letter quoted by VG, the 33-year-old outlined a catalogue of complaints that ranged from everyday annoyances to more serious issues.Breivik said he was not getting enough butter to spread on his bread, was having to drink his coffee cold and was not able to keep a moisturiser in his cell, which, to his dismay, is sparsely decorated and has no view.He also said that the handcuffs he has to wear when being transferred are razor sharp and "cut into his wrists".

Other complaints concerned the daily searches of his cell and body searches, for which he had to get undressed, and restrictions placed on his correspondence.Tord Jordet, one of his lawyers, confirmed the letter's authenticity to AFP.Norway's justice ministry declined to comment."He is aware that, taken separately, his grievances can seem unimportant, but taken together, they paint a grim picture," Mr Jordet told AFP on Friday."His freedom of speech is being violated. Being deprived of this freedom of expression breaches the constitution and human rights."

Breivik should also have access to an exercise room and a computer room. However, access to those facilities is controlled by the prison authorities who, according to Mr Jordet, have not replied to his requests in recent weeks to use the computer.Wanting to correspond with his supporters and to write books, Breivik only has use of a pen, which he considers very inconvenient, Mr Jordet said.Breivik, who has been separated from other inmates since his arrest, also claims he is deprived of recreational and social activities."Such treatment isn't human," Mr Jordet said.

Breivik earned international notoriety last year when he detonated a bomb outside the centre-left government's headquarters on July 22 and then went on the rampage at a Labour Party youth camp on the island of Utoeya, killing 77 people many of them teenagers.The far-right extremist was sentenced in August to 21 years in jail for "acts of terror" over the worst peacetime atrocity in Norway, and is now being held in near complete isolation at a high security prison outside Oslo.

During his trial Breivik showed little emotion and no remorse and once described his mass slaughter as "cruel but necessary" to protect Norway from multiculturalism.Before the attack, he had posted online a rambling 1,500-page manifesto laying out his hateful world view and at one stage during the trial he told the court: "I would do it again".

Breivik complains about prison conditions - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

When you kill around 80 people, you don't expect to be sent to a hotel with luxuries and dictate your demands!

But hey, that's for Muslims I guess, Christians can ask for these kind of luxuries!

Anyways, Scandinavian countries are a bit lax with criminal laws and proceedings and treat their prisoners a bit better than the rest, so not a big surprise this.

This happens in scandinavian a lot

I remember there were a riot in Swedish Max security jail when the inmate complaint there are not enough food and bedding supply in jail. ANd one riot pin on the broken A/C Unit making the cell cold...

When you kill around 80 people, you don't expect to be sent to a hotel with luxuries and dictate your demands!
But hey, that's for Muslims I guess, Christians can ask for these kind of luxuries!
Remember Kasab. Biryani khata hai woh to. :D

BTW I am bit surprised of you introducing religion into it. How does it fit in this matter ?

Remember Kasab. Biryani khata hai woh to. :D
And he had the gall to demand newspapers, a TV and perfume!! We stupid Indians have already spent Rs 35 crores on him! Ironical to say the least!

Back
Top Bottom