Norwegain Pakistani Hadia Tajik parliment member in Oslo teror drama

mr42O

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
_SCC-AIPub_A-l_pet_1515966x.jpg

She is advisor cabinet minister.

Left Utøya - ended up in the middle of the disaster of Oslo
Parliament Hadia Tajik, and three other Labor Party members came by the Prime Minister's office just minutes after the bomb went off in the government quarter. She saw that his office was completely destroyed.
AVTORIL Risholmen

- We reacted almost instinctively. We gathered the private home of one of the Labor members and started calling around to find out who was alive or not. We divided the list between us and crossed off as we got positive feedback.

Hadia Tajik must take some small breaks in the interview when she will outline the terrible Friday when tragedy struck and killed innocent people. She is also aware that she was only minutes away from being one of the disaster sites.
Just left Utøya

She had just left Utøya with Gro Harlem Brundtland and the other three Labor representatives. When they entered the tunnel to the center, they heard a crash as they first thought was thunder. They listened to P4, which suddenly interrupted the broadcast and said that there had been a huge explosion in the government quarter.

- Until then I had been sitting in the car and enjoying the success of the meeting on Utøya. I was impressed by the speech that AUF leader in Hordaland Tore Eikeland had just met. I thought that Labor would be proud to have such a political talent in their ranks.

Today we know the key. Tore died that afternoon at Utøya.

Grief over the loss of all the great young people who had lost his life, struck me with full force
Hadia Tajik, Member of Parliament for the Labour

Waded in glass

Hadia Tajik take a deep breath, grabs the coffee cup and rewinds to the explosion in Oslo. After they had heard the news of the explosion, parked the car and started walking towards Møllergata the government quarter.

- It was completely illogical to go that way, but it felt yet logically, she explains, and says that they waded in the shattered glass while the air was full of dust.

- We were horrified and shocked, and the sight of the destroyed prime office still hangs on the retina. But all the training in crisis management and organization made us simultaneously to act rationally and operational.

While they worked hard to get an overview, came the message about the shooting drama at Utøya that she had just left.

- I just had to park your feelings then and there, but sometimes I wake up early in the morning still in turmoil and terror of that day in the body.
Grief over the loss

Sunday participated Hadia Tajik during the memorial service in Oslo Cathedral. It was very, very strong but good.

- Grief over the loss of all the great kids who had been killed, struck me with full force. At the same time, it was good to meet those who had survived. Good to meet colleagues and friends from the destroyed government offices and know they had survived. And in the midst of all, the thought of all those who had lost all their loved ones or who missed some of his.

lomster and Norwegian flags outside Oslo Cathedral on Saturday. Reuters.

lomster and Norwegian flags outside Oslo Cathedral on Saturday. Reuters.
The bakery that come with bowls

No one has quite the overview of the devastation in the government quarter. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of office spaces is broken. It involves several ministries. Norway faces a formidable task when you reach to get new sites.

- It has been amazing to see what help is just emerging. Companies have made space available, and a bakery near the new and provisional party offices, Check back often with fresh buns and cinnamon rolls. There are such things as, among other things, makes me hopeful and happy, looking Tajik who sits in the Ministry of Education and Research Committee of the Parliament.

Her office, which is intact, but not party office that she is more sporadic use.
Labour Youth League tough future

AUF has lost 86 of its members on Utøya. Hundreds of others have experienced traumatic things that will come to characterize them for life.

When asked what she thinks about the AUF's future, she says the following:

AUF is shaken to the foundations. But the young people show an incredible leadership in the middle of the crisis. AUF has a lot of grief in front of him, but we must take the time to help.

Freedom, openness and democracy are values ​​we all cherish. These are the values ​​our young people have in the spinal cord. It is these values ​​that we must stay high no matter what happens. The stuff we best by standing together, supporting each other and remain an open and inclusive society, says Hadia Tajik

Forlot Utøya - havnet midt i katastrofen i Oslo sentrum - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom