What's new

Norway is not mediating in Kashmir conflict

Dude, when powerful men like the Ex-PM of a Nation interject themselves into a conflict negotiations, there is nothing "personal" about it. Its not as if this european is a langotiya yaar of Gilani and co.

I hope the Modi govt. was kept informed and kept track of this whole thing. Otherwise its just plain incompetence on the part of the IB/RAW/NSA.

GoI should have been around to shoo him away. Norway has a notorious role in history creating and then resolving conflicts and thus making themselves "invaluable".

Good.

They should maintain a neutral stance, if they cannot help. We prefer them to avoid getting into our internal matters just as we don't when it comes to their militarisation against Russia as a part of their NATO obligations.

Why does this guy want others to intervene, hate Modi, love Pappu and consider J&K as disputed despite being an Indian?

GoI should have been around to shoo him away. Norway has a notorious role in history creating and then resolving conflicts and thus making themselves "invaluable".

Their comrades, the Danes did a fine job dropping arms for naxalites in Purulia. This is why we need to keep foreigners out of internal politics. That isn't democracy; it is colonialism and attempts to subvert a nation. Fortunately, India is powerful enough to say a big NO very clearly.

Their comrades, the Danes did a fine job dropping arms for naxalites in Purulia. This is why we need to keep foreigners out of internal politics. That isn't democracy; it is colonialism and attempts to subvert a nation. Fortunately, India is powerful enough to say a big NO very clearly.

Honestly, this meeting should never have taken place. Nothing good will come out of it.

Its clearly a intelligence failure.

Actually, It is on Modi's face.

Why does this guy want others to intervene, hate Modi, love Pappu and consider J&K as disputed despite being an Indian?

Modi engages Norway through his buddy Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and you are accusing me? Quite funny.

I give credit where it is due. I actually appreciate Modi taking the lead on resolving the Kashmir issue in talks with IK. But instead of keep it bilateral he has internationalized the issue by engaging Norway. When Congress, NC and Swamy questioned, he keeps mum and hides his face.

If Modi is man enough why does not he wage a war and get back AJK & GB. I will be the first in line to congratulate and applaud him. Who are you fooling. He cannot even get rid of Article 35A. Huh!. What happened to his 56" chaathi that he is engaging in backroom talks through Norway.

Oh wow. Risky play.

Hope the gains are just as big.

Norway is notorious for foul play. India & Pakistan should have kept it as bilateral. If there was a real need for mediator/facilitator it should have been someone like Russia instead of Norway.

Norway is notorious for foul play. India & Pakistan should have kept it as bilateral. If there was a real need for mediator/facilitator it should have been someone like Russia instead of Norway.

So far its not Norway, but its exPM in his personal capacity. Its called back channel talks and not mediation.

If NSA has approved it, then it must be for some good reason. No needless speculation is required.

If Modi is man enough why does not he wage a war and get back AJK & GB. I will be the first in line to congratulate and applaud him. Who are you fooling. He cannot even get rid of Article 35A. Huh!. What happened to his 56" chaathi that he is engaging in backroom talks through Norway.

Articles 35A and 370 hurt me as much as they hurt you, buddy. It is a wound which Nehru and his generations have given us.

There must be something which is stopping PM Modi from doing this.

Remember, we are talking about a man who turned the entire country cashless within 12 hours of announcement and passed GST and move the world's third largest economy with just a signature of a pen.

That too, after knowing the political risks.

For the first time in 70 years, we have a leader who is trustworthy. If our soldiers trust him, then I trust him.

While I am not giving him a blanket immunity from criticism (I disagree with his relentless praise and promotion of MK Gandhi who is the reason for half of our political problems AND not using military force against naxalites), there must be something that is keeping him from taking this decision.

There are certain things which are not reachable to us at the ground level as this is a big decision. I do hope to trust him on that and see how it will be removed in the near future.

Let's wait and see what it is.

Just one little correction about Norway's involvement here.

The Kingdom of Norway is officially engaged in no way.

The former leader of a country not holding any ruling government's position does not represent the country.

Just as #Pappu didn't represent India when he met the Chinese ambassador during Doklam Stand-off in 2016.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom