What's new

North korea launches ICBM, test appears success. Second stage drops near Ph

That's right. North Korean advisers were even presented in the Iran-Iraq war to assist Iranian forces, and they have helped Hezbollah before the Second Lebanon with tunnel infrastructure as well.

NK helping Hezbollah ? :blink:

Why..oh why ? :undecided:

NK helping Hezbollah ? :blink:

I was quite surprised too, but I encountered an analyze a couple of days ago about the Second Lebanon War, which stated that:

Although the Israeli intelligence community believed Hezbollah’s defensive network was based on “Iranian military doctrine,” another source suggests the elaborate system was based on “a defensive guerilla force organized along North Korean lines.” In fact, the same source concluded that, “All the underground facilities [Hezbollah’s], including arms dumps, food stocks, dispensaries for the wounded, were put in place primarily in 2003-2004 under the supervision of North Korean instructors.” Evidence would furthermore suggest that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard was also heavily involved in the construction effort. Intelligence sources concluded that Hezbollah was “believed to be benefiting from assistance provided by North Korean advisers, according to a July 29 report in al-Sharq al-Awsat. The report quotes a high- ranking Iranian Revolutionary Guards officer, who stated that North Korean advisers had assisted Hezbollah in building tunnel infrastructure, including a 25 kilometer underground tunnel.”

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a498599.pdf

As usual my government is diplomatically neutral but 'lean' toward the US. That's why I want a strong China so my little city-state doesn't have to seek protection from the west. This my personal wish though.

Singapore is a strong US ally, will side with the US at UN.

I've always understood Singapore to be the Oriental equivalent of some of those Oil rich Arab States in the manner of speaking that it has its act together, its building its economy up further, it hasn't any major dispute with anyone in the vicinity (the Arabs do), its carved out a place for itself in a few markets & yet when it comes to Foreign Policy it tends to let the US take the lead. I suppose to a certain extent Britain, Canada & the New Zealand do that too but I could understand that they're predominantly 'White' nations with similar cultures but shouldn't Singapore be more integrated & interdependent, both in terms of its foreign policy & people-to-people relations, with other Asian countries.

I maybe wrong & do apologize if I am, but to me Singapore at times comes across as the eyes & ears of the United States in the Asia-Pacific !

I was quite surprised too, but I encountered an analyze a couple of days ago about the Second Lebanon War, which stated that:

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a498599.pdf

Hmmmn...interesting but why would NK do that ! We've got a beef with Israel because either (a) we're Arabs & Arab Nationalism kicks in or (b) we're Muslims & Muslim Nationalism kicks in (in our case).

Why would NK have anything to do with any anti-Israel activity ?

Hmmmn...interesting but why would NK do that ! We've got a beef with Israel because either (a) we're Arabs & Arab Nationalism kicks in or (b) we're Muslims & Muslim Nationalism kicks in (in our case).

Why would NK have anything to do with any anti-Israel activity ?

I don't know. Perhaps it's money, or Iranian assistance to North Korea's space, missile or economic program as a reward.

Japan and USA surrounded NK with warships and tried to shoot down the missile but failed miserably. If this was not a test, Tokyo would be nuked already!

I've always understood Singapore to be the Oriental equivalent of some of those Oil rich Arab States in the manner of speaking that it has its act together, its building its economy up further, it hasn't any major dispute with anyone in the vicinity (the Arabs do), its carved out a place for itself in a few markets & yet when it comes to Foreign Policy it tends to let the US take the lead. I suppose to a certain extent Britain, Canada & the New Zealand do that too but I could understand that they're predominantly 'White' nations with similar cultures but shouldn't Singapore be more integrated & interdependent, both in terms of its foreign policy & people-to-people relations, with other Asian countries.

I maybe wrong & do apologize if I am, but to me Singapore at times comes across as the eyes & ears of the United States in the Asia-Pacific !

Diplomatically and economically Singapore is a friend to every nation and enemy to none in this region. We have our own independent foreign policy so don't let others (eg Korean) fool you that the west controls us. It's just that our leaders are very pragmatic and constantly worry about the safeties of our citizens because our size so we have to ally ourselves to stronger powers.

Recent years we have very close tie to China and because we're majority Chinese I see a bright future in that relationship.

North Korea can't launch nukes towards U.S., too good of a defense system.

South Korea on the other hand would be in a problem. Before they get into such problem, North Korea will face bombardment.

congrats :enjoy: now put it to good use instead of launching nukes.

N.K. should have the right to develop their own rocket technology,no matter if it will transfer the tech into weapon.as far as i know ,there is no one country who did not transfer their space ability to military useage once they got it. no country has right to blame N.K. in the name of moral.
congratulations.

Japan and USA surrounded NK with warships and tried to shoot down the missile but failed miserably. If this was not a test, Tokyo would be nuked already!

They are too busy fishing for the drops.

The winner will be rewarded a golden star followed by a 101 gun Imperial salute for helping its nation further their ingenious space technology.

Indeed, the conservatives just won the presidential election thanks to this successful ICBM launch.

Now a long, cold, hungry winter awaits North Korea because the objective of the conservatives is the fall of Kim's regime through starvation.

Its a satellite launch vehicle, not an ICBM.

Its a satellite launch vehicle, not an ICBM.

Even the poor starving North Koreans can launch their own satellite with their own rocket, while the rich developed South Koreans cannot accomplish such feat even with the technology support from Russia. :rofl:

So much myth about the super advanced South Korean technology. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom