What's new

None ready to take over as LeT head in Kashmir

Director General of Police, Shesh Paul Vaid Monday said he was aware of vacancy of top Lashkar-e-Toiba commander in Kashmir but claimed that none was ready to take the charge.
“What is left in a name? I have heard there is commander’s vacancy but none was ready to take it,” Vaid told reporters on sidelines of a Jashn-e-Dal /Shikara race inauguration function at Dal Lake, here.
He was responding to a query whether LeT’s local militant Zeenat-ul-Islam has been made militant outfit’s operational chief in Kashmir.
There are speculations that Zeenat, 28-year-old militant commander from south Kashmir’s Shopian district, is likely to take over as LeT head in Kashmir. However, theoutfit is yet to announce name of its operational head for Valley after killing of its chief commander, Abu Ismail, last week.
Zeenat has Bachelors in Arts and hails from Sugan, Zaniporaarea of south Kashmir’s Shopian district. He was jailed under Public Safety Act (PSA) after his arrest in 2008 for his alleged militant links. After four years of detention, he was released 2011. He joinedLeT in 2015 and since then has been active in south Kashmir.
All operational chiefs of Lashkar in Valley so far have been Pakistanis.
Earlier, commenting on the importance of holding Jashn-e-Dal like events in Valley, DGP said the aim was to bring smile on the faces of children and peace in the valley.
“Whatever efforts by police and CAPF is possible, we will engage the childrenso that they don’t become addictive to drugs or turn to gun. Bloodshed, darkness and seeing sadness brings heartache. We want to happiness among children so that peaceful atmosphere prevails once again,” he said.
DGP said everything should not be left to police and appealed people to make their children understand “what is right and wrong for them.”
Vaid said some 60 youth were saved from joining militancy and such efforts would continue.
“With counseling, we have saved 60 children from joining militancy. Those who come to our notice are being pulled away from the grip of militancy. They are our children and we don’t want them to go on the wrong path because it ends with sorrow which is painful for everyone,” he said.
Asked about the recent videos in which masked men blamedZakir Musa for militant killings,Vaidsaid, “He has picked up the gun so he is militant for us. What people say, I do not know.”
The police chief reiterated that those who have picked up gun and wish to shun the path of violence will be given chance to live peacefully.
“The instructions are down the line that opportunity is to be given to those who want to shun the path of militancy and violence. They (militants) will be given complete chance to live as the life is God gifted but they should come out of this militancy,” DGP said.
Earlier on September 11, police, army and CRPF officials had jointly appealed militants to lay down arms and join mainstream.
Officer who probed Gujarat riot cases named NIA chief
PTI
New Delhi, Sep 18: Senior IPS officer Y C Modi, whowas part of the Supreme Court-appointed Special InvestigationTeam that probed the 2002 Gujarat riot cases, was Monday namedchief of the National Investigation Agency.
The federal probe agency is tasked with probing terrorismand terror-financing related cases.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approvedModi's appointment as director general of the NIA, said anorder issued by the Department of Personnel and Training(DoPT).
Modi will hold the post till his superannuation on May31, 2021, the order said.
The ACC also approved the appointment of Modi as officeron special duty (OSD) in NIA with immediate effect to ensure asmooth takeover.
Modi, a 1984 batch IPS officer of the Assam-Meghalayacadre, is at present special director in the Central Bureau ofInvestigation (CBI).
He will take over from Sharad Kumar after he completeshis tenure on October 30, the order said.
Kumar, who was appointed DG NIA in July 2013, has beengiven two extensions.
In October last year, he was given a one-year extension,apparently to help the agency complete probe in Pathankotterror case and various ISIS related cases.
Kumar is the longest serving chief of the NIA. Under hisstewardship, the agency started probing alleged militant financingcases allegedly involving some separatists in Jammu and
Kashmir.
Another senior IPS officer, Rajni Kant Misra, has beenappointed director general of the SashastraSeemaBal (SSB),which guards the Indo-Nepal and the Indo-Bhutan borders.
He will hold the post till the date of hissuperannuation, i.e. August 31, 2019, the DoPT order said.
Misra, a 1984 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre,is at present additional director general in the BorderSecurity Force (BSF).

http://www.risingkashmir.com/news/none-ready-to-take-over-as-let-head-in-kashmir-dgp

Vechi-Seiraane.gif

Indian counter terrorism ops began 6 months ago and they have managed to trample these groups in that short period.

That goes to prove that these groups festered only because the politicians let them operate for all these years...for their personal, political gains. We could have wiped them out if the security forces had received a green signal a long time back.

i can take this seat but i have few conditions

i will work from home
i need 25000$ salary + car + allowances +bonus
i will work online
i will have yearly vacations to where ever i want to go paid
lashker will pay my bills
if i left city lashker will will pay my all expenses as travel allowance
and i can resign without notice
Sure sirjee...but the catch is you should be ready to meet the 72 virgins:D

No my low IQ neighbour, you are too much in bollywood media,first of all they are freedom fighter who purely fight occupiers and spare civilians, they are Islamic nationalists like your Hindu nationalist govt, if your govt is terrorist then i don't mind labeling them terrorists.

i am fine with civil leadership of Syed Ali Gillani,

Kashmiri leadership need change in armed movement, We need westernized Kashmiri youth as leadership, we need music bands for Kashmiri movement who can organize cultural events in international arena. armed girls etc.
"Westernized kashmiri youth" ? well I know some personally, one is an airline pilot in a major domestic carrier, two are doctors in a very big company.. others too, are doing very well in this economy and face no discrimination against them..

In Kashmir, the situation is nowhere near as bad wrt state oppression as you have been told.. when their stone pelting gets lethal, they get pellet guns shot at them and chilli grenades and water sprays.. not exactly barrel bombs like you think... state police is mostly comprised of local muslims, sunnis, koshur speakers/real kashmiris..

please solve Syria, Iraq etc first.. there is no situation here that will get international artists to do concerts for Indian Kashmir... you can try that stunt for the Rohingya now, it's trending in the news lately..

sad that nobody will speak for Yemen, poorest country in the ME being smashed by the richest and US puppets saudis.. don't say anything about that..

Westernized kashmiri youth" ? well I know some personally, one is an airline pilot in a major domestic carrier, two are doctors in a very big company.. others too, are doing very well in this economy and face no discrimination against them..

In Kashmir, the situation is nowhere near as bad wrt state oppression as you have been told.. when their stone pelting gets lethal, they get pellet guns shot at them and chilli grenades and water sprays.. not exactly barrel bombs like you think... state police is mostly comprised of local muslims, sunnis, koshur speakers/real kashmiris..

please solve Syria, Iraq etc first.. there is no situation here that will get international artists to do concerts for Indian Kashmir... you can try that stunt for the Rohingya now, it's trending in the news lately..

sad that nobody will speak for Yemen, poorest country in the ME being smashed by the richest and US puppets saudis.. don't say anything about that..

not interested in your blabbering. if you are so rightious ask your govt to come on table to implement UN resolution and dont hide behind non issue such as LeT who have killed less then 0.1% people then your proxies in the region which include northern alliance warlords in Afghanistan, Tamil against Sri Lanka and Bengali militants against Pakistan.

what i have to do with Syria, Iraq, Yemen? Pakistan is not part of any dispute there nor we are supporting Saudis, Iranians, we have asked for solving problems through talks and dialogues. we are helping them against ISIS, Al Qaeda etc.

not interested in your blabbering. if you are so rightious ask your govt to come on table to implement UN resolution and dont hide behind non issue such as LeT who have killed less then 0.1% people then your proxies in the region which include northern alliance warlords in Afghanistan, Tamil against Sri Lanka and Bengali militants against Pakistan.
not saying all is well, just letting you know all is not how you have been told either..

for now, it is a low intensity insurgency in the valley, nothing more, and all their poster boys are being hunted down rapidly (sometimes ratted out by their own)

not righteous at all, we support the killing of the armed militants.. only civil political dialogue but for that the militancy has to stop.. but killing the forces will be responded in kind, with interest.

RAW have fully infiltrated the indegenous/local militant movement, your ISI is nervous about this because the more hardcore wahabi militants on your side, trained by Pak army do not have blessings of Geelani and co

and these local guys are not having any successes with their jihad, the people will show up for funerals, but not many will join and train with a gun.. they are being mowed down in record numbers.

because it takes a lot more than islamic rage to be a warfighter, some nerd chemist who got angry because his friend got slapped around by the police or army is not going to become a rambo if you give him a gun (think that poor babyface burhan wani character, sad waste of life) and tell him to ambush that police checkpoint.. that guy will likely still end up getting shot and killed even if he tries his ambush at night vs 2 half asleep havaldars..

if they want to take on the Indian Army, you have to train them well.. the well trained ones are the ISI trained Pakistani punjabi infiltrators.. but these people are real snakes.. they can turn against PAK/ISI any time and bite you too.. they have bitten you

you can try and be careful with your pet snakes but we will shoot at sight, set traps and kill them when caught, and worse..

for now, it is a low intensity insurgency in the valley, nothing more,

i agree, thats bcoz they dont have the support of Pakistan like they used to have before Musharraf, Musharraf withdraw all support to Kashmiri freedom fighter for the sake of dialogue which resulted in a peaceeful Kashmir during congress era, and it remain same till modi took power and decided to use pallet guns which is contrary to your propaganda, now ask your govt to not hide behind non existent terrorism, just come to table so we resolve our issue in a civilized way.

He is with Hizbul Mujahideen Shopian.
Stop sharing BS.

In guerrilla warfare it is a rule to not share your identity and remain anonymous. This is the effective way to remain active for many years and give your enemy more loss.
I have not much information related to LeT but another sources said Showkat Tak will be the next chief and he is local so the information can be wrong. LeT always appoint Pakistani chief because they are more trained compared to locals.

Back
Top Bottom