What's new

Nokia 3310 celebrates 15th anniversary

Fire Beast

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
3310.jpeg

Today the internet reminds us how times have changed with the 15th anniversary of the Nokia 3310.

The device is remembered fondly as a phone that was tough as a brick, had week-long battery life and for the frustratingly addictive game Snake II .Launched on September 1, 2000, the Nokia 3310 was released later on that year and more than 126 million models were sold worldwide between its launch and 2011. The hardy phone with its monophonic ringtones has internet users reminiscing about the mobile today, and comparing it to today's Smartphone. Many users maintain the 3310 is the 'greatest phone of all time' and say its battery life is unrivalled by today's iPhone. Users could customise the phone with interchangeable covers, and thousands of different designs were available - local markets always had hundreds of options. The phone had a monochrome display and had many features that were rare at the time including a calculator, a reminder, four games and the ability to send text messages up to 459 characters.

A very sturdy phone.

I used to have one in 2000. Often it would fall & open up.

All I ever did was to dust it & re assemble it.

I could type sms's faster, and in complete darkness, compared to la di da touch screen phones.

I was a demon two finger (thumb actually) typist.

I remember drooling at displays where this phone was being touted as the biggest thing to hit the Mobile Technology World since the first Motorola, alas, mobile coverage was limited, rates unaffordable and I had to pass it off as a rich man's fancy. How times have changed.

When people use Nokia 3310, People have no fair of snatching :-)

I washed that thing in washing machine because i totally forgot it in the pocket of my jeans.....took it out...washed it with clean water thoroughly...and put it in some warm sunshine...after just change of battery it went for another couple of years before my friends started making fun of it....:rofl:

Nokia 3310 :) was a pride mobile to own at that time, and very durable and strong phone too unlike todays smart phone

Even today, if all you want to do with a phone is talk and sms, I would be hard pressed to find a better phone.

What voice clarity.

Battery life.

So fantastic to hold, every key perfectly placed, so nice to touch.

Strong, compact.

Fantastic alarm (wake the dead types).

My only problem was the number of contacts I could save. That more than anything made me give it away. In perfect shape.

Even today, if all you want to do with a phone is talk and sms, I would be hard pressed to find a better phone.

What voice clarity.

Battery life.

So fantastic to hold, every key perfectly placed, so nice to touch.

Strong, compact.

Fantastic alarm (wake the dead types).

My only problem was the number of contacts I could save. That more than anything made me give it away. In perfect shape.

lol very true, today's smart phone fails to wake up specially on weekend morning :P

Back
Top Bottom