What's new

Nobel Peace Prize: Pak comes out in support of China

Mirza Jatt

Reaction score
Country
India
Nobel Peace Prize: Pak comes out in support of China

Pakistan on Friday came out in support of its ``all-weather friend’’ China by questioning the decision to award the Nobel Peace Prize 2010 to Liu Xiaobo ``for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China’’. Beijing has viewed the selection as a display of the arrogance and prejudice of the Nobel Committee against China.

In a statement that came exactly a week after the announcement was made in Oslo last Friday, the Foreign office said Pakistan was ``surprised and deeply perturbed’’ by the choice; adding that the politicisation of the Prize for the purposes of interference in the domestic affairs of states is not only contrary to the recognized principles of inter-State conduct but also a negation of the underlying spirit conceived by the founder of the Prize.

Maintaining that Mr. Liu was sentenced by the Chinese judicial system and has ``done nothing that could possibly qualify him for the Prize’’, Pakistan said the decision runs contrary to the established principles for the award of the Prize and ``therefore cannot but be seen to be detracting from the prestige associated with this award’’.

Pakistan, according to the Foreign Office, deeply values the implementation of the commitments that the People’s Republic of China has made for upholding the principles and norms of international law, humanity and civilized conduct.

``China has made bold strides on the road to socio-economic development. Pakistan has no doubt that under its sagacious and visionary leadership, the Chinese people will continue to pursue their national development priorities which have brought about substantial improvement in the standard of living and the human rights of 1.3 billion people. The spirit of humanity that imbues the Chinese civilization is a shining example to the rest of the world.’’

The Hindu : News / International : Nobel Peace Prize: Pak comes out in support of China

Liu and dalai lama both r terrorist's,hey that's not what i say:)

Liu doesn't have the right to be a terrorist, at least terrorists are brave enough to pick up their guns and fight to the end. He's a common street thug.

流氓不可怕,就怕流氓有文化。

thugs aren't scary, just be scared of a thug with culture.

They're free enough to publish this open letter aren't they? Would a similar letter by former congressmen calling for a communist revolution in the US be published?
you're right this is a good point
but it is nothing to do with revolution i guess
US they should not allow tea party to exist but it is named freedom
like in europe they allow fascist partis to be candidates
i don't know what is the use to allow fascist groups to be candidates
something that always surprise me here

you're right this is a good point
but it is nothing to do with revolution i guess
US they should not allow tea party to exist but it is named freedom
like in europe they allow fascist partis to be candidates
i don't know what is the use to allow fascist groups to be candidates
something that always surprise me here

the tea party does not call for the violent overthrow of the US government. instead, i propose the US legalize the Black Panthers, Nazi Party of the United States, KKK, Hawaii Independence Movement and end harassment of the Communist Party of the United States. Remember, it was the US that sent FBI agents to track Martin Luther King and unlike Liu, Martin Luther King was dead in his 40's; Liu is now over 50.

the tea party does not call for the violent overthrow of the US government. instead, i propose the US legalize the Black Panthers, Nazi Party of the United States, KKK, Hawaii Independence Movement and end harassment of the Communist Party of the United States. Remember, it was the US that sent FBI agents to track Martin Luther King and unlike Liu, Martin Luther King was dead in his 40's; Liu is now over 50.
you're right but USA changed a little bit?

Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i like some of what he says and he clearly can say it

If you want to speak about modern period i would say the main guilt
is to make so easy wars and be untolerant for the people inside their country who are against the war.
tea party is among these partis of extremist ideas of patriotism meaning not allowing any other idea than accepting war and they mean if you are not for the war you are anti patriotic

but they didn't reach to the point of the fascists in Europe
like Wilders who believes Jordania should accept all Palestinians
and that is the solution for peace :hitwall:

Pakistan since its birth has always supported China. This time, I think, Pakistan appears to be the first nation that has supported China officially. By doing this, Pakistan has set an example of true friendship. Chinese must acknowledge Pakistan's support.

:pakistan: :china:

Back
Top Bottom