What's new

No Rumours, MMRCA Well On Track: IAF Chief

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
1956590.jpg

"I haven't heard any rumours about the MMRCA competition on whether it could go to a company other than the one selected," Indian Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne said today. "Contract negotiations [with Dassault] are very well on track and progressing satisfactorily. We expect a contract to be awarded this financial year," he added.

The IAF chief said the primary contract would be only for 126 aircraft, and that the 50 per cent options clause (63 additional aircraft) had not been decided on yet, but was available.

Livefist: No Rumours, MMRCA Well On Track: IAF Chief

Good going!
A lot would also depend on the state of political affairs at home. However with European economies under sever stress, this perhaps is the best time to get any deal done and extract as much advantage as possible.

Congratulations! When will the first Rafael arrive India?

2 years after the signing of the contract, that means around 2015, first squadron to be raised by 2017 & local production at HAL will also start by 2017.

Congratulations! When will the first Rafael arrive India?

2 years after the signing of the contract, that means around 2015, first squadron to be raised by 2017 & local production at HAL will also start by 2017.

18 planes has to be delivered off-self within three years after the signing the contract.
At current situation contract is supposed to sign in Feb/March,2013.
So first RAFALE will most probably arrive in Mid 2014. And last of 18 Rafale will arrive before 2016. Looking at the Rafale production line in Fance I think we will get all 18 well before dead line.

Construction of HAL production facility ( building is supposed to be ready before Dec 2013 ) and it will be active before 2015.
I think it will be similar procedure to our MKIs. First few will come in kits. HAL will assemble the kitts before being able to build it from scratch.
So first active suad of Rafales ( 18 planes ) should be ready by 2016

16 planes has to be delivered off-self within two years after the signing the contract.
At current situation contract is supposed to sign in Feb/March,2013.
So first RAFALE will most probably arrive in Mid 2014. And last of 16 Rafale will arrive before 2015. Looking at the Rafale production line in Fance I think we will get all 16 well before dead line.

Construction of HAL production facility ( building is supposed to be ready before Dec 2013 ) and it will be active before 2015.
I think it will be similar procedure to our MKIs. First few will come in kits. HAL will assemble the kitts before being able to build it from scratch.
So first active suad of Rafales ( 18 planes ) should be ready by 2016

Mate some corrections in ur post, It is not first 16 planes that has to be delivered but first 18 planes should arrive in India in 3 years time. So if contract is signed in feb-march 2013, than the first squad will be formed till feb 2016.

+ It's not 16 planes but 18 planes of the shelf with rest 108 being made by HAL.

+ HAL will not start production before 2016-17.

IAF to finalise Rafale fighter deal this fiscal - India - DNA

http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories1342_Rafale_is_IAF_new_year_gift.htm

Mate some corrections in ur post, It is not first 16 planes that has to be delivered but first 18 planes should arrive in India in 3 years time. So if contract is signed in feb-march 2013, than the first squad will be formed till feb 2016.

+ It's not 16 planes but 18 planes of the shelf with rest 108 being made by HAL.

+ HAL will not start production before 2016-17.

IAF to finalise Rafale fighter deal this fiscal - India - DNA

..:: India Strategic ::. IAF: Rafale is IAF’s New Year Gift
18 is correct figure. I agree and corrected. But I am sure that I read correctly that all 18 offself have to deliver before 36 months and not 1

Edit: didn't see you edited before I post

So I guess you agree with first Suad before Feb,2016

http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories1356_HAL_getting_ready_to.htm
First few Rafales will come in Semi-Knckdown kitts and fully knock down kitts. So HAL production will start before 2016. Why in world HAL will wait for 3 years ??? Dassault will provide S-K-K and C-K-K on time

18 is correct figure. I agree. But I am sure that I read correctly that all 18 offself have to deliver before 36 months and not 1

Edit: didn't see you edited before I post

Actually, i think i read somewhere that first a/c will be inducted within 24 months of the signing of contract & all 18 within 36 months.

The production rate at Dassault's plant in France is 11 ac/year I think.

The production rate at Dassault's plant in France is 11 ac/year I think.

11 ac/year?? that's very low, considering even the HAL makes 16-18 sukhois/year, France being an advanced nation should build atleast 25 ac/year.

11 ac/year?? that's very low, considering even the HAL makes 16-18 sukhois/year, France being an advanced nation should build atleast 25 ac/year.

Say 20/year then they have 36 months to give us 18 off self.
That lead to 6 per year for delivery and remaining 14 goes to S-K-K and C-K-K. So HAL is going to get kitts from minimum 2014. So why would they keep the kitts till 2016 ???

Actually, i think i read somewhere that first a/c will be inducted within 24 months of the signing of contract & all 18 within 36 months.

And I think Dassault will try to delive first 18 ASAP to bag more off-shelf order. If IAF decide to go for follow on clause to get 63 jets then offself quantity will be increased. That's win win for Dassault

Back
Top Bottom