What's new

No restrictions on medical visas to India except Pakistan: Government

Zer0reZ

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India has not imposed any restrictions on medical visas for foreign patients but in case of those from Pakistan, a recommendation letter from Advisor to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs is required for obtaining a visa, the Lok Sabha was informed today.

In a written reply, Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh said the government has issued more than a lakh of medical visas so far in this year.

The government has not put any restrictions on medical visas for foreign patients, and requests for such visas for urgent medical cases are expeditiously processed and issued on the same day, he said.

"However, in case of Pakistan, we ask for recommendations letter from Advisor to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, to process genuine and urgent cases," Singh said.

In 2017 till date, 1,05,163 medical visas have been issued while 1,77, 972 such visas were issued in 2016, Singh added.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Healthcare is something in which India has excelled and is miles ahead of anybody in the region and dare I say in Asia as a whole. The immediate benefits of these medical tourism is revenue but in the long term this would prove to a very significant soft power projection and more people to people contact.

If India continues to improve in overall healthcare we can very well cover the entire South Asia and parts of gulf with our diplomatic clout.

Can't believe, lowest IQ nation in Asia is not only excelling in healthcare but also in space. Even more, high IQ nations of Asia still count low IQ India's achievement as distant dream.

Can't believe, lowest IQ nation in Asia is not only excelling in healthcare but also in space. Even more, high IQ nations of Asia still count low IQ India's achievement as distant dream.
but you are low iq because you drink urine. I bet you use it to clean hospitals too. when the world realises that they wont come to india

but you are low iq because you drink urine. I bet you use it to clean hospitals too. when the world realises that they wont come to india

WOW and you Pakistanis are lining up to get treated in these hospitals. Why dont you spread the message around in Pakistan for a start.

Bhai have you ever experienced a family member having a slow death due to lack of medical facilities even with resources at your disposal. I sincerely hope you never experience this , I have experienced this and I will tell you how helpless and horrible a feeling this is.
So keep aside the hate and see the light of the day. There is no comparison between Pakistan and India in healthcare sector at least.
We are better off with our low IQ as we can see the state of the higher IQ people around us.

The immediate benefits of these medical tourism is revenue.

The highest average earnings per patient for foreigners in India are from Pakistan at $2,906 with 1,921 tourists on medical visa in 2015-16 fiscal.

Last edited:
The highest average earnings per patient for foreigners in India are from Pakistan at $2,906 with 1,921 tourists on medical visa in 2015-16 fiscal.

And I thought India is hosting much more Pakistani patients

That is a dismal number

Signing five to ten recommendation letters a day is not a big deal for Sartaz Aziz :victory1:

And I thought India is hosting much more Pakistani patients

That is a dismal number

Signing five to ten recommendation letters a day is not a big deal for Sartaz Aziz :victory1:
To be honest...i disagree with this policy of special permission from Sartaz Aziz(whatever his name)....this is like hitting people who are in dire need of help...There are enough system in place should you want to vet such visa seekers....we don't need to put this disgraceful condition...

Its a good strategy to keep the pakistan govt. under continuous pressure :P

Imagine the status of the pakistani ministry which has to say "NO" to legitimate pakistani patients.

Now imagine the condition of the pakistani ministry which has said "YES" to a few pakistani patients to visit India. India can now rub that in their face and leverage it for concessions.

To be honest...i disagree with this policy of special permission from Sartaz Aziz(whatever his name)....this is like hitting people who are in dire need of help...There are enough system in place should you want to vet such visa seekers....we don't need to put this disgraceful condition...

Much better than the strategy of using terrorists as state policy. :coffee:

Well it is the only way to highlight the Kulbhushan case internationally.

Pakistan has not yet granted visa to KbY's mother

What else can India do ?

Well it is the only way to highlight the Kulbhushan case internationally.

Pakistan has not yet granted visa to KbY's mother

What else can India do ?
Sorry...but this is BS....What India can do, is already doing...Kulbushan case is in ICJ now...and that has nothing to do with people suffering from chronic disease, who are in dire need of help, deprived of health care due to crap facilities home - and are further pushed into a corner by a country too proud of her culture and history..no??....the only thing we achieve here is not living up to our own cultural standards - "Atithi Devo Bhava"...Sorry but act is not in larger Indian spirit...

No one want to go to bharat either, i as Pakistani want our bastard govt to take their head out of *** and build facilities for those patients seeking transplants instead of signing humilating latters, i am sure it wont cost more then orange train chutiyapa which cost $2 billion,

Practice what you preach first. Ask Sartaj Aziz to not write letters to GoI on behalf of patients.

Nevertheless, i believe we shouldn't involve the depressed sick fighting life threatening decease in politics.

Sorry...but this is BS....What India can do, is already doing...Kulbushan case is in ICJ now...and that has nothing to do with people suffering from chronic disease, who are in dire need of help, deprived of health care due to crap facilities home - and are further pushed into a corner by a country too proud of her culture and history..no??....the only thing we achieve here is not living up to our own cultural standards - "Atithi Devo Bhava"...Sorry but act is not in larger Indian spirit...

Every rule have exceptions

Would you allow a member of a banned cult into your house and treat him as DEV

Instead of acting with Indian spirit in our heart we should rather act with keeping Indian interests in our mind.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom