What's new

"No first use" Maybe changed if new goverment comes to power

The no first use policy is grossly misunderstood.
India has a no first use policy against the NON NUCLEAR STATES.
While Pakistan and China are already nuclear states.
So no first use policy can be circumvented in their case.
I am surprised BJP didnt look into this clause.

As of 2010, India has signaled a shift from "no first use" to "no first use against non-nuclear weapon states".[2]

No first use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VERY GOOD :)
so, will u come to cover the news ..if will revise the policy and use it in the first instance........:D:D

its better to be take initial measures rather than to repent later.......:)

Looks more like immature "nuclear sabre rattling" to me. It was the same party that carried out nuclear tests in 98, then threatened Pakistan with military attack, now this drama.

Do we care? Nah

Are we afraid? Haha

So India has lost faith in and have Real doubts about their Conventional military Strength to Subdue Pakistan.. :lol:..seems like Indians are waking from the wet dream of Akhand Bharat..

Mere possession of nukes is a heavy deterrent as it is, but the horrors of their usage is what ensures an uneasy and tense peace between adversaries. But it is peace nonetheless.

IMO, it was not a wise move to declare clauses for the usage of Nukes. Good that the self-imposed clauses against their usage are being gradually rolled back.

First or No First Use policy , it hardly makes any difference here . Pakistan has not and will not operate based on Indian intentions but rather on its capabilities . The equilibrium and by extension , the deterrence value of course , are to be maintained at all costs .

All this is nothing but semantics in the real world. A nuke arsenal automatically becomes a deterrence notwithstanding what's written in doctrines, first use or no first use. No one in his right mind would ever press the nuke button due to mutually assured destruction whether they are tactical nuclear missiles, counter force or counter value. Nuclear war is passe. It is never going to happen. Period!

So India has lost faith in and have Real doubts about their Conventional military Strength to Subdue Pakistan.. :lol:..seems like Indians are waking from the wet dream of Akhand Bharat..
No we have full faith in our military,seems like you have comprehension problems.
And about that Akhand Bharat,nobody wants Pakistan to join India and you know the reason very well :lol:

The no first use policy is grossly misunderstood.
India has a no first use policy against the NON NUCLEAR STATES.
While Pakistan and China are already nuclear states.
So no first use policy can be circumvented in their case.
I am surprised BJP didnt look into this clause.

As of 2010, India has signaled a shift from "no first use" to "no first use against non-nuclear weapon states".[2]

No first use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@thesolar65 @OrionHunter @DRAY @kurup
I am flummoxed.
India has a "first no first use policy against non nuclear states".
Then why is there so much hullabaloo about this??
Or have i misunderstood this policy??

Last edited:
@thesolar65 @OrionHunter @DRAY @kurup
I am flummoxed.
India has a "first no first use policy against non nuclear states".
Then why is there so much hullabaloo about this??
Or have i misunderstood this policy??
There are EIGHT countries that have successfully detonated nukes.

Only FIVE are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treatyy (NPT).

Since the NPT entered into force in 1970, three states that were not parties to the Treaty have conducted nuclear tests, namely India, Pakistan and North Korea.

These three states are considered non nuclear weapon states. If they sign the NPT, only then would they be considered 'nuclear weapon states'.

Strange, huh? :what:

There are EIGHT countries that have successfully detonated nukes.

Only FIVE are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treatyy (NPT).

Since the NPT entered into force in 1970, three states that were not parties to the Treaty have conducted nuclear tests, namely India, Pakistan and North Korea.

These three states are considered non nuclear weapon states. If they sign the NPT, only then would they be considered 'nuclear weapon states'.

Strange, huh? :what:

Nothing's strange to me since i joined this forum :lol:

But thanks for the explanation.I really didn't know about it.

Back
Top Bottom