What's new

No F-16 deal during Modi’s visit to US

How did anyone expect the deal to be finalized during this trip?

Here is the timeline for India's Single Engine Fighter for which F-16s and Gripens are competing

1) Strategic Partnership (SP) policy has already been finalized in 2017

2) Vendors to pick their Indian partners by end of 2017 based on SP policy

3) RFP would be issued in 2018 for 200 Jets

4) Proposals would be submitted by the vendors in 2019

5) Limited trials would be completed in 2020

6) Vendor selection would be done in 2021

7) Negotiations would be completed and contract would be signed in 2022

8) First fighter would be inducted in 2024-25

If I'm India, I would get the assurance from Trump himself that India will have a f-16 assembly line. Otherwise, F-16 is not in the running.

But I'm not sure if India is knowledgeable enough to work with US political framework. India believe that US policies should evolve around Indian political whims. India is so prideful that it does not even have a lobby firm in DC.

Media reported the LM - Tata agreement, and fanboys (as usual) saw it as a signed contract,
and aircraft already delivered (almost).

No, Tejas is outdated compared to both F-16IN and Gripen E.
Tejas needs to switch to a new engine and replace most electronics to be a match.
I.E: A complete redesign.

Tejas is obsolete on arrival. Indians here already admit that its value its to train engineers, not to build a plane India will use in a combat.

If I'm India, I would get the assurance from Trump himself that India will have a f-16 assembly line. Otherwise, F-16 is not in the running.

But I'm not sure if India is knowledgeable enough to work with US political framework. India believe that US policies should evolve around Indian political whims. India is so prideful that it does not even have a lobby firm in DC.

For good or bad, Indian bureaucracy works on their own timelines and procedures only. They do not care about policies and procedures of other countries.

India cancelled MMRCA contract after going through with that process for over 7 years. Same was the case with S-70B Naval chopper deal which was cancelled few days ago.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201706171054717904-india-sikorsky-deal/

Hopefully No F16's.............. Good it may seem, but its completely uninspiring to have your fighters built by "untrusted" americans who make it a point to install something to spy the aircrafts etc etc.

If we do go for F16, ToT or else No.... Even if LM agrees Congress wont...

Why would there be any??? LM is responding to a clause in DPP set by GoI. That's all.

GOI is open to all, not just LM or F-16 for that Matter.

India doesn't have a lobby and that too a firm in DC?

Ask Pakistanis and PRC diplomats.

:lol:

The deal between is LM and Tata is nothing more than MoU at this point contingent on F-16 deal clearing a multiple of hurdles both by Indian and US governments. It's going to take a long-time even if India agrees in principle. Just look how long the Rafale deal to conclude. Don't expect this to be any faster.

I don't know what SAAB's plans are for the Gripen here. Perhaps they are exploring partners in India as well.

Big slap on India's face by Trump:omghaha:

Modi : please American masters give us your F-16 :cry:
Trump: get out begger.:sarcastic::sarcastic:

Do you think USA will give F-16 to India:haha: Trump is not stupid.:sarcastic:

India is too poor for F-16. USA knows this so they are just playing mind games.

Mark my words: "India will never get its dirty hands on any USA jets.":dance3::dance3::dance3:

No,no,no ,F-16 is behind the times,it will be out ,why not to buy f-35? it is more advanced jet.
yes ,must be F-35.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom