What's new

No debt burden on Pakistan due to CPEC power projects: China

China is one of the smartest countries out there. CPEC makes NO ECONOMIC sense. It makes a huge strategic sense. At its door now is a client semi-colonial state that will never criticise if the a million Muslims are in concentration camps being "reeducated" or thousands being tortured and raped. This nation is now in total debt to China for generations to come. It is already pawning assets to China. It offers Gwadar, a military observation port on the Indian ocean with the Chinese now garrisoned in Razor wire surrounded encampment and militarily patrolled and protected by the Pakistani army . This cost is borne by Pakistani Awam that is barely aware of the significance of Chinese presence nor of the Chinese only areas. Gwadar one day will be a military seaport for the growing Chinese ocean going navy. Refueling , R&R etc

OBOR however makes a lot of economic sense. Access to central asia and Eastern Europe was difficult whichever route you chose. These are low populated , very large areas of real estate full of unexploited natural resources that have remained undeveloped because of their isolation. OBOR will offer rich rewards in terms of trade and resources that includes vast underpopulated lands

You are quite stupid even by RSS trolls standard. China build power plants, that make Pakistan colony? India more then anyone else know what being colony mean.

Only China at that bad time came forward to invest in power plants. If they are bit expensive, contract will be renegotiated soon. Thats not how colonies work. See example of British taking away wheat, cotton from India. Millions of bengali hindus starved to death but they kept taking away their food to feed british soldiers.

After all these depressing and hopeless comments can someone clarify how to deal with this mess? I dont see any other option than to renegotiate with the IPPs about which we haven't got any update since last month.

After all these depressing and hopeless comments can someone clarify how to deal with this mess? I dont see any other option than to renegotiate with the IPPs about which we haven't got any update since last month.

You cannot negotiate yourself out of a mess. Why will anyone give up a highly profitable legally binding contract.

The best way is to prove that there was corruption in the deals and call them void. But with iron cast proof that will stand in the international court.

The problem with that is that the patwaris were not the real backers of cpec. Cpec took off only when the then coas came back from China and said that cpec was the best thing since sliced bread and promised to raise a battalion for its safety. You guys will not even dare to raise a finger towards the real culprit.

You are basically in for a decade if stagflation till the power producers pay off most of their loans.

No debt burden on Pakistan due to CPEC power projects: China

View attachment 720451

China has said that power projects under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) did not incur debt burden on Pakistan as they were investment projects.

“I can say this with good authority that these energy projects are commercial investments where Chinese companies invested in Pakistan,” Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian said during a regular briefing in response to a question that Pakistan had requested China to reschedule its debt of around $22 billion in power projects funded by Beijing.

“We have responded to similar questions on many occasions. I don’t know how you got your specific figure,” he said, adding that there were many power and energy cooperation projects in CPEC. “Perhaps you are referring to loans on the energy projects. Right?”

Lijian informed that he had worked in Pakistan for many years and was very familiar with the energy projects and the CPEC. “So, these loans are from Chinese companies. The Pakistani government doesn’t need to pay back anything,” he added.

The spokesperson remarked that the construction and operation of energy projects under the CPEC framework were “going on very well”, providing steady and affordable power source, adding tax revenues and producing very tangible, economic and social benefits. “We are confident that energy cooperation between the two countries will continue to make greater contributions to Pakistan’s national development and livelihood improvement,” he added.

According to official data, a total of 22 energy and power projects will be constructed under CPEC, a flagship project of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) launched by Chinese President Xi Jinping. So far, nine energy and power projects have been completed, boosting the energy needs of Pakistan. These projects have contributed 5,340 megawatts of electricity to the main grid, helping meet the country’s vital needs of industry, agriculture and domestic consumers. Another eight energy projects are near completion and will pump in an additional 4,470MW of electricity to the national grid. Another five projects are in the planning and implementation phase.

@Norwegian ab tasali hogai hai??

as if investment is free :D :D :D

The problem with that is that the patwaris were not the real backers of cpec. Cpec took off only when the then coas came back from China and said that cpec was the best thing since sliced bread and promised to raise a battalion for its safety. You guys will not even dare to raise a finger towards the real culprit.
Who was it? Raheel Sharif?
as if investment is free :D :D :D
It is free if gdp surpasses rate of return on these investments. Otherwise these investments are nothing but external debt bombs.

Well they were 'gift' in the sense that nobody would even loan a penny to Pakistan few years back when USA was preparing to cope with Pak nukes falling into AQ hands after the state which was declared failed fell apart. Don't forget the context.

Roll back few years and I am sure you probably was one among others screaming about the loadshedding why did any one of those that are crying "debt trap" step forward and invest in Pakistan power sector on halal rates? No fcukn country did until the pork eaters came along. So harsh as it is don't forget this reality when your constructing your narative.

The failure is in Pakistan. Our industry and our people have failed in attracting Chinese export industries which instead choose to go to South East Asia or India but avoid Pakistan like a curse. I gave example of Karen Chen earlier. If dozen of them had been attracted today Pakistan would be facing another energy shortage as new industry would gobble up the extra power.

Pakistan's as a nation need to introspect why even the Chinese avoid Pakistan even with all the "iron brother songs". The Turks also despite all the talk of "Kardesh" avoid Pakistan. Pakistan can't even pull Chinese tourists. India got 240,000 Chinese tourists last year. Pakistan probably got 20 times less.

India becomes trendy destination for Chinese travelers

India aims to draw 14m Chinese tourists

Yes of course, China Daily thinks that open gutters and defecation is trendy.

CPEC will never be a burden from any mean over Pakistan who the **** says this go and ******** themselves!

Pakistan is not like Africa or Srilanka or Bangladesh. The dynamics of Pakistan are very different for the Chinese. Chinese sees Pakistan from very different glasses quite frankly and that's what I've learned after moving from Pakistan. For China, Pakistan is like a howitzer gun for its military ambition for its strategic values, and for its global business expansion. Chinese are very smart and they know what happens if they turned against Pakistan or go against it. That will hurt their global projection and Americans will definitely play a major role in further reducing China's projection by utilizing Pakistan. They will be @ losing end technically if turning up their heads and make this loan a "burden" for Pakistan. This is all shithole I mean Indians propaganda nothing else.

Those who believe in this shit really a waste of sperm. You first need to understand China is not India. They think like a global power, they behave like a superpower, THEY ARE SUPERPOWER and how they became a superpower not by forcing "Military supremacy" on others. They have successfully reached the spot through their "Economic" policies and that's what they're doing. It's a continuation of their future objectives "CPEC and B&R".

One more important thing which I would like to mention here. "THANKS TO AMERICANS" they really did a good job. They didn't help Pakistan to come out of these issues like electricity, building infra, building nation instead pouring "VERY SMALL" amount of money on some asshole generals and politicians who love to become a puppet of Americans for the sake of their own personal interests in the past. That helps our new generation to think twice before turning towards Americans. Chinese took advantage of this and investing in those areas where Americans had an enormous opportunity.

Americans have completely lost that opportunity. If they help Pakistan to come out of such an infrastructural building mess instead of pushing Pakistan towards their wars, trust me today Americans will literally squeeze China from all sides. These are core variables on which the Chinese played a role. Chinese took advantage of Pakistan's internal issues, they know what Pakistan and Pakistanis need.

Last edited:
They have successfully reached the spot through their "Economic" policies and that's what they're doing. Its a continuation of their future objectives "CPEC and B&R"
If Chinese wanted CPEC for themselves, they had no need to build these projects by issuing dollar loans and debts for hosting countries. They could easily make direct investments in these projects in transparent manner and share the risk in case CPEC fails to deliver as promised.

If Chinese wanted CPEC for themselves, they had no need to build these projects by issuing dollar loans and debts for hosting countries. They could easily make direct investments in these projects in transparent manner and share the risk in case CPEC fails to deliver as promised.

That's what I've said in my post. The dynamics of Pakistan are very different. Today, if anyone wants to do anything through Pakistan, they've to do all these things. Everything comes with the cost man. Nothing is free.. they know what Pakistan needs and in exchange what they have to do. It's a simple transaction it's not a free trade thingy. No one offers you free land to pass through all the way for your trade.... this is not fucking a military pipeline or transporting military hardware route for supplying war equipment without any future projection and objectives. Chinese are transforming and changing their logistic method. You first need to understand why the Chinese are doing this. Japan, Vietnam, Hongkong, Australia, and India, these motherboards are now playing in the hands of Americans, and Americans are known for controlling all major maritime routes. Chinese looking for an open-source path with no hurdles. So for that reason, Pakistan is the best and cost-effective option for the Chinese. What important for us? we need to build infrastructure and how are we going to do that? we don't have money, the Chinese are our ATM and we are their breathing space for their economic objectives.

Last edited:
CPEC will never be a burden from any mean over Pakistan who the **** says this go and ******** themselves!

Pakistan is not like Africa or Srilanka or Bangladesh. The dynamics of Pakistan are very different for the Chinese. Chinese sees Pakistan from very different glasses quite frankly and that's what I've learned after moving from Pakistan. For China, Pakistan is like a howitzer gun for its military ambition for its strategic values, and for its global business expansion. Chinese are very smart and they know what happens if they turned against Pakistan or go against it. That will hurt their global projection and Americans will definitely play a major role in further reducing China's projection by utilizing Pakistan. They will be @ losing end technically if turning up their heads and make this loan a "burden" for Pakistan. This is all shithole I mean Indians propaganda nothing else.

Those who believe in this shit really a waste of sperm. You first need to understand China is not India. They think like a global power, they behave like a superpower, THEY ARE SUPERPOWER and how they became a superpower not by forcing "Military supremacy" on others. They have successfully reached the spot through their "Economic" policies and that's what they're doing. It's a continuation of their future objectives "CPEC and B&R".

One more important thing which I would like to mention here. "THANKS TO AMERICANS" they really did a good job. They didn't help Pakistan to come out of these issues like electricity, building infra, building nation instead pouring "VERY SMALL" amount of money on some asshole generals and politicians who love to become a puppet of Americans for the sake of their own personal interests in the past. That helps our new generation to think twice before turning towards Americans. Chinese took advantage of this and investing in those areas where Americans had an enormous opportunity.

Americans have completely lost that opportunity. If they help Pakistan to come out of such an infrastructural building mess instead of pushing Pakistan towards their wars, trust me today Americans will literally squeeze China from all sides. These are core variables on which the Chinese played a role. Chinese took advantage of Pakistan's internal issues, they know what Pakistan and Pakistanis need.
I don't agree allow me to explain
China knows Pakistan also consider USA important, not as much as china but still USA still holds importance in Pakistan atleast till they are in Afghanistan so all these loans gives china a leverage over Pakistan to not allow us to go against Chinese interests. Its all about nation interest. I really believe that Pakistanis are really resilient, we might even become successful in resisting the DEBT TRAP but all these things you said that pakistan might go against Chinese interests and support USA, all these loans will stop Pakistan from doing it. Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom