What's new

Nirbhay long-range cruise missile on the Suhkoi Su-30MKI

We should integrate longer range Brahmos with MKI rather than Nirbhay. It is a subsonic missile, prone to be targeted by enemy air defence. Anyway good.

One of the things that Nibhay is supposed to do that Brahmos cannot is to loiter over its target.

meaning the Nirbhay will fill a gap in out capabilities that Brhamos simply cannot , even with extended range

Nirbhay presents the low end to BrahMos. BrahMos is simply too expensive to be used in the numbers needed. It will be used for high value targets or areas where the defences are too strong.

Nirbhay is a cheaper, longer ranged variant which will be mass produced.

good development....looking like IAF is putting all its option and bets on the MKI

army bases,supply depots,airfields..tank regiments, hangars,radar installations n other important strategic n tactical areas coz each one of them will be a critical blow for the enemy if taken out n destroyed..not jst with india-pak scenario but with also india -china scenario as well

In absence of absolute or for that matter battlefield air supremacy, it represents low risk and relatively low cost (wrt Bhramos) alternative to air strikes.
Nirbhay strikes can precede air strikes ie SEAD missions, can used against enemy C4I installations , against terrorist training camps, enemy nuclear and strategic installations or nuclear strike as well provided we got a sufficiently miniaturized warhead.

Hi All...Thanks for taking time and answering to my query...However i was looking for a response similar to the one below...

HVA in the eastern regions and troop concentrations along with softening the target. And this is meant for our dear eastern neighbour. Not to the one in the west.

Nirbhay strike range is about 1000 KM so not sure what part of Pakistan we would like to hit using MKI which we cannot using its land version....So definitely there is something that i am missing....Either this development is purely with China in mind or else there is something very prudent that i am missing so thought should ask people out there...

So once again can someone please validate/correct my understanding....

Nirbhay presents the low end to BrahMos. BrahMos is simply too expensive to be used in the numbers needed. It will be used for high value targets or areas where the defences are too strong.

Nirbhay is a cheaper, longer ranged variant which will be mass produced.

Which is true Sir...That explains its Land Version however Air TO Surface is in questions especially w.r.t Pakistan....Can you please share some thoughts on my post # 18

Guys wat is the status of the Nirbhay..?
Wen is it supposed to be deployed..?

One of the things that Nibhay is supposed to do that Brahmos cannot is to loiter over its target.

meaning the Nirbhay will fill a gap in out capabilities that Brhamos simply cannot , even with extended range

not only that nirbhay can loiter and send data of enemies position and targets back to the base so if a high value target spread over a large area is spotted both bhramos and nirbhay can be used to attack at the target simultaneously to cover the area since bhramos is fast it can make up for the time:cheers:

not only that nirbhay can loiter and send data of enemies position and targets back to the base so if a high value target spread over a large area is spotted both bhramos and nirbhay can be used to attack at the target simultaneously to cover the area since bhramos is fast it can make up for the time:cheers:

That is very much like the killer Harrop drones from Israel ,

May be that is where the Israeli input came in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom