What's new

Niger general appears on state TV as new leader following coup

Even by your logic, the coup enjoys significant support in the military. It's pointless to argue about civilian support since since there has not been any polls.
No it doesn't, nor did I even hint at that.

If anything, I said the complete opposite.

This is likely going to turn into a The Gambia situation. Ecowas went into The Gambia and the Gambian military simply let them after initially backing the Yahya Jammeh in order to avoid bloodshed and civil war.

Niger isn't powerful enough to take on Ecowas, and they know it. They'll back down once it's clear that Ecowas is serious.

I don't trust you to honor your bet bro...
Why are yall talking about betting on if people die or not? Seems grotesque.

Central Africa is not Against the West but they are attempting to free themselves from France

No it doesn't, nor did I even hint at that.

If anything, I said the complete opposite.

This is likely going to turn into a The Gambia situation. Ecowas went into The Gambia and the Gambian military simply let them after initially backing the Yahya Jammeh in order to avoid bloodshed and civil war.

Niger isn't powerful enough to take on Ecowas, and they know it. They'll back down once it's clear that Ecowas is serious.

Why are yall talking about betting on if people die or not? Seems grotesque.
So what is your prediction? The coup will fail?

So what is your prediction? The coup will fail?

Concerning indeed, intervention could mean end of the coup, but it could also mean a prolonged conflict if it isn’t immediately successful.

Niger is a geographycally isolated country.

If ECOWAS isolate it economically, maybe it can press better than weapons.

The Army was not, and the Army is small, you need the national guard and Gendarmerie to pull off this coup, they are the one controlling internal security.

Again, if this guy thinks this is a sure thing, he would have executed Bazoum already, why he is holding him for? Especially when he already declared military junta government. Plus, they didn't take over anything outside the presidential palace.

Won’t be an end to anything. The crazy wagnar boss said 5000 , can be sent in Niger capital in hours. From Mali. Does anyone fear ECOWAS army? They can’t help Mozambique or the Sahel.

Niger uranium mines of French companies keep working and sending uranium to France?

Won’t be an end to anything. The crazy wagnar boss said 5000 , can be sent in Niger capital in hours. From Mali. Does anyone fear ECOWAS army? They can’t help Mozambique or the Sahel.

Who cares about Niger capital, the hit men need to be at Uranium mines, rest of country is worthless.

Niger uranium mines of French companies keep working and sending uranium to France?

Who cares about Niger capital, the hit men need to be at Uranium mines, rest of country is worthless.

Nigeria cannot free territories within its border held by Boko Haram, what makes them think they can march into Niamey! And seize uranium mines for France ?

Nigeria cannot free territories within its border held by Boko Haram, what makes them think they can march into Niamey! And seize uranium mines for France ?

What is the common path of Uranium from Niger to France?

Niger is basically a giant Uranium mine.

Niger exports:

767px-Niger_treemap.png

Uranium mines:
Niger_econ_1969.jpg

As long as those colonised African countries still used France currency they are still not free , once they changed the currency from Franco they will be invaded no matter what

What is the common path of Uranium from Niger to France?

Niger is basically a giant Uranium mine.

Niger exports:

767px-Niger_treemap.png

Uranium mines:
Niger_econ_1969.jpg
Niger's export customers will pressure Nigeria to allow exports. After Russian sanctions, Niger uranium is not replaceable by Western nations.

Also Nigeria is lead by a deeply unpopular president. Don't seem likely he can sell a invasion of Niger to his military.

Now France and rest of us has to pay fair price for Niger uranium.
With so much uranium deposits , niger total exports was less than 2bn $ :/

Problem won't be resolved untill 14 African countries replaced France imposed currency
Franc cfo

Back
Top Bottom