Next Step - Invasion? Why Saudi Arabia Moved to Cut Ties With Qatar

idune

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Next Step - Invasion? Why Saudi Arabia Moved to Cut Ties With Qatar

AFP 2017/ KHALED AL-SAYYED

A think tank head has told Sputnik that Saudi Arabia had severed the diplomatic ties with Qatar in preparation for a full-scale invasion of its neighboring country.

UAE: Qatar Must Form 'Road Map With Guarantees' to Restore Ties With Arab States
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — Saudi Arabia’s decision to cut off all ties with the Persian Gulf state of Qatar may be a prelude to invading the small and wealthy emirate and seizing its wealth, Institute for Gulf Affairs Founder and Director Professor Ali al-Ahmed told Sputnik. "I project the invasion of Qatar… I have received reports of Saudi military movements near the Qatari border," al-Ahmed said on Monday. "The Saudis: They are preparing."

Al-Ahmed warned that a full-scale invasion of Qatar could occur much sooner than anyone anticipated.

"Check on the frequency of bombings in Yemen… A key sign will be if there is a cessation or major reduction in the number of Saudi air strikes being conducted against the rebel forces in Yemen. That would indicate the Saudis are massing their forces for a sudden move against Qatar instead," al-Ahmed stated.

Egypt Creates Gov't Board to Monitor Situation After Cutting Ties With Qatar
President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who had close ties with the Saudi royal family during his 15 years as Chairman and CEO of Exxon, would both tacitly support the Saudi invasion of Qatar, al-Ahmed claimed.
"I have it on good authority that Trump has already told the Saudis he would have no objection," he said.

If the Saudis invaded Qatar, they would also be strongly supported by Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, especially the Kingdom of Bahrain which hosts the US Fifth Fleet in the Persian Gulf, al-Ahmed stated.

"The Saudis are very angry with the Qataris… The Saudis won’t ever let Yemen have its independence… Bahrain hates Qatar," he noted.

Saudi Arabia’s leaders were determined to reduce Qatar to becoming a subservient satellite of Riyadh and reduced to servile dependence like the current government in Yemen, al-Ahmed explained.

"The Saudis have two goals: First, to get Qatar into a subservient relationship that is comparable to slave labor. There are to be no half measures. Second, the Saudis are eyeing the massive Qatari reserves of cash. They want it," he said.

Washington 'May Very Well Join Riyadh's Anti-Qatar Club if Doha Doesn't Behave'
The current Saudi leadership was reverting to the principles of robbery and piracy by which the nation’s father, King Abdelaziz ibn Saud created the Desert Kingdom more than a century ago, al-Ahmed pointed out.

"Saudi Arabia was a state founded on the principle of robbery and looting. That is what the al-Saud originally were: They were desert raiders and looters. They were desert pirates. Now they desperately need money again," he stated.

President Donald Trump had made clear to the Saudis he expected them to pay far larger sums directly and indirectly to the United States to finance their defense, increasing the fiscal burdens on Riyadh, al-Ahmed observed.

"The Saudis need money right and left. Now Trump has made new financial demands on them: They will run out of money. With all those commitments they are desperate for fresh infusions of cash," he said.

The Saudis remained determined to have a leadership in Qatar that is totally submissive to them, al-Ahmed concluded.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201706061054344186-saudi-arabia-qatar-invasion/

Serious comment:
They probably could do that, but I don't think they will go that far.

Non-serious comment:
Lets join in and capture their military equipment.

Serious comment:
They probably could do that, but I don't think they will go that far.

Non-serious comment:
Lets join in and capture their military equipment.

Serious comments? Really? You?
Mind if i join in?

Serious comment : makes strategic sense this soft regime change.

Non serious comment: dibs on Bahrain

Aren't there 41 countries in the Muslim alliance (IMAT)? Why are the vast majority silent on Saudia's reckless behavior?

Serious comment: Make a IMAT without Saudia.

Serious comment: Europeans only learned after WWII & ten million dead of their own that if they don't work together they will end up killing each other off. Will the Arabs only learn after they repeat this?

non-Serious comment: Is Saudia following the U.S. plan of taking out 7 countries in 5 years?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/we-re-...q-syria-lebanon-libya-somalia-sudan-iran/5166

"a think tank has told sputnik...."
yeah, think tank. unless this think tank was the kgb, this entire article is only an assumption of the absolute worst case scenario which won't ever happen. absolutely not gonna happen.

Nope.

Highly unlikely that they'd launch an invasion, they don't need 2.7 million refugees pouring into their borders, nor do they want to destroy Qatar's infrastructure, which would inevitably happen with an invasion.

If the Saudis do launch an invasion, the results will likely be worse than Yemen.

Most of those nations accusing Qatar are no better, in fact, I'd argue at least one of them is far worse.

But for China, Qatar is by far worse than KSA.

China has no reason to beef about the Arab League just for Qatar, even Trump has paved the green light, the EU has no problem to accept that Qatar as the biggest supporter of terrorism.

Last edited:
Most of those nations accusing Qatar are no better, in fact, I'd argue at least one of them is far worse.

Qatar is the worst of them though.

Qatar supports terrorism, and this regime must be removed.

But in order to prevent the humanitarian crisis, I think KSA should move on and fully annex Qatar.

Fully agree. This annexation proposal has my full support, and should have China's tacit/covert support as well. And in fact, none of the regional powers can or would stop them:

- Under Trump, US won't care.
- Russia doesn't like Qatar for its meddling in Syria, and because Qatar is a rival gas producer. Also, this annexation would further validate their Crimea annexation.
- Israel doesn't like Qatar for its support of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood
- Iran doesn't like Qatar for its meddling in Syria, but would be worried about a swing in the regional balance of power. However, KSA has lots of carrots to buy Iran off, such as concession in Syria or Yemen.

Turkey, UK, and France would object. But they are toothless without great power support. This is the perfect, perfect opportunity. Hope KSA does not miss this chance to devour Qatar!

Back
Top Bottom