What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

Brother,

Are you Tiger-77 of Bdmilitary? I see tiger's hallmark in your post and you seem like as cunning as tiger, who happen to digest Indian lies behind nationalistic veneer of Bengali and you are doing same by wondering whether separatist has any support or not. What makes me laugh is the timing of your supposed wondering, especially when 'Kashmiri election card' is in your hand now and can claim over 70% turned out as ALers, Indian dalal's run election in BD has over 100% turn out in some centers :lol:. Mahmudur Rahman is the best to divulge that as he does here about Nou ga-6 (::Welcome to Daily Naya Diganta::).

The link you gave shows "suspected attack site".

Your posts are the perfect examples of current Brain-washed youngstars of BD that demonstrates how much way off than reality they stand. In my earlier post I have compared RAB with MIR JAFAR AND MUSH just to show how believers had been stabbed back by the connivers. If you haven't got the message then your mindset is the carbon copy of Iazdani's one. Just because RAB has been killing BNP men indiscriminately, doesn't necessarily mean that BNP supporters have been committing severe crime than ALers. The common denominator to generalize RAB's extra judicial killings here is the grand scheme of killing Muslim nationalists under the pretext of liquidating criminals, goons that too correlates with major objective of the so-called WOT.

And yes, many AL terrorists have been hiding in IND but then isn't it hypocritical of RAB originator’s (Note that the idea of RAB CREATION was exported by the originator of WOT and BNP happened to coincidentally in power, which was deceived by circumstantial necessity) partner(India) to shelter terrorists? But hey! For IND rules are di-similar for different countries, people anyway. If RAB has been sincere then why hasn't it killed OCT 28th, 06 killers? Or why army has been spectator while AL goons have killed and maimed 1000's of BNP, JI men during 06? See, it's not simple that ruling party will have more goons but it depends on who rules? BNP, JI leaders haven't aided or sheltered terrorists but cadre like David's emergence has been a natural phenomenon against terrorist like Shamim Osman. Law and order had gone so bad and police failed to such extent that it required people to take law in their hands during AL's misrule from 96-01. So, why RAB had to kill David not Shamim Osman's cadres? Were all of them in outside BD? We can argue day and night regard politics but Allah in Quoran clearly says, who don't want to rectify, their hearts have been sealed, ears have been deafed and mind has been made dumb. Hope you wouldn't want to stay in that group anymore, thanks.

RAB also killed hundreds of commies.And who will they kill for 28th oct incident??How many will they kill??

If RAB has been sincere then why hasn't it killed OCT 28th, 06 killers?

Don't tell me only AL was responsible for the chaos,in fact I can show you news reports saying Shibir cadres shooting at AL possession,but then you will say the report is biased.

Or why army has been spectator while AL goons have killed and maimed 1000's of BNP, JI men during 06?

Any source of your claim??

BNP, JI leaders haven't aided or sheltered terrorists

What about Nasir Uddin Pintu??:crazy:

My cousin was in CHT Uni,and I know Shibir men's activities.

What about JMB??Who aided them??I think you know the name of the minister.

Allah in Quoran clearly says, who don't want to rectify, their hearts have been sealed, ears have been deafed and mind has been made dumb. Hope you wouldn't want to stay in that group anymore, thanks.

You didn't answer why you are always swearing at COAS.when you know its forbidden to swear at anyone.Not expected this from you because I know you probably know more about Islam than me.:tsk:

BTW same verse can be applied to you.

BNP walks out protesting seating order

The BNP MPs once again walked out of the parliament today in protest against the new seating order for lawmakers in the parliament.

The opposition MPs left the parliament assembly room before the day's proceedings began.

Earlier in the day, Speaker Abdul Hamid rearranged the seating order with four seats, instead of nine seats, allocated for the opposition BNP in the front row.

Oli Ahmed, the lone lawmaker from the Liberal Democratic Party, has got his previous seat in the front row on the left of the speaker.

Outgoing speaker Jamiruddin Sircar, at the first session of the ninth parliament, allocated nine front seats on the left of the speaker for BNP.

The Daily Star - Details News

RAB also killed hundreds of commies.And who will they kill for 28th oct incident??How many will they kill??
Names and addresses of the killers along with their pictures were published in Daily Sangram but investigation wasn't pursued. They needed to demonstrate non-partisanship by at least taking out the leaders of the murderers but they didn't. Even the source of the big sum of money in Hasina, Awlad, and Selim’s A/C to buy Lathi-Baitha wasn't deliberately discovered. Need I say more?

Don't tell me only AL was responsible for the chaos,in fact I can show you news reports saying Shibir cadres shooting at AL possession,but then you will say the report is biased.

That's the white wash par excellence Sir Ji. It's nothing but wasting time to argue with you from here on.

Any source of your claim??

Just go to the archives of News papers to see how AL goons have taken 64000 military buffoon’s ride on their killings and maiming to destabilize the country. Remember MUA has kept his promise to his real master by demoting BD-MILs to chawkidhars.

What about Nasir Uddin Pintu??:crazy:?

My cousin was in CHT Uni,and I know Shibir men's activities.:?

Nasir Uddin Pintu was elected and Old town under him became the most prosperous. The credit went for his evolution from a goon to a PAKKA NAMAZI definitely went to BNP, JI leaders not MUA gangs.

And for your info. I grew up in Dhaka, CTG and few other cities, suburb areas. I also graduated from CHT, where all of my AL friends used to claim same as your cousin about SHIBIR leaders but couldn't convince me due to the cherished conscience of mine. So, your relay of bogus-boo wouldn't change my personally experienced facts.

You didn't answer why you are always swearing at COAS.when you know its forbidden to swear at anyone.Not expected this from you because I know you probably know more about Islam than me.:tsk:

Sorry; what, when, how did I swear as COAS?

Names and addresses of the killers along with their pictures were published in Daily Sangram but investigation wasn't pursued. They needed to demonstrate non-partisanship by at least taking out the leaders of the murderers but they didn't. Even the source of the big sum of money in Hasina, Awlad, and Selim’s A/C to buy Lathi-Baitha wasn't deliberately discovered. Need I say more?

That's the white wash par excellence Sir Ji. It's nothing but wasting time to argue with you from here on.

Just go to the archives of News papers to see how AL goons have taken 64000 military buffoon’s ride on their killings and maiming to destabilize the country. Remember MUA has kept his promise to his real master by demoting BD-MILs to chawkidhars.

Nasir Uddin Pintu was elected and Old town under him became the most prosperous. The credit went for his evolution from a goon to a PAKKA NAMAZI definitely went to BNP, JI leaders not MUA gangs.

And for your info. I grew up in Dhaka, CTG and few other cities, suburb areas. I also graduated from CHT, where all of my AL friends used to claim same as your cousin about SHIBIR leaders but couldn't convince me due to the cherished conscience of mine. So, your relay of bogus-boo wouldn't change my personally experienced facts.

Sorry; what, when, how did I swear as COAS?

You systematically avoided answering to the JMB issue.I can understand why.

You called COAS a bastard...thats a swearing.

No point arguing with you either,so have a nice day and I am going to bed now.Allah Hafez.

You systematically avoided answering to the JMB issue.I can understand why.

You called COAS a bastard...thats a swearing.

No point arguing with you either,so have a nice day and I am going to bed now.Allah Hafez.
Damn, it seemed like I used less band with through my descriptive posts than your one liner. I became trestles by your dissemination of disinformation and felt like I should vomit rather than responding about JMB issue. Now let me tell you who patronized JMB. Its so-called founder Abdur Rahman was the brother-in-law of RAWAMY Leader Mirza Azam. And Bangla Bhai was nurtured under the nose of Nur Mohammad when he was DIG of Rajshahi. Furthermore all the ammos of JMB came from IND. And finally its innocent ideologues admitted about getting brain-washed by GOI regulated Madrassa-materials that promoted AKHAND BHARAT ideology.

Coming to call MUA a bastard. I not only called him a bastard but also challenged him in a duel like a man to man one. Bastard was metaphoric and it didn't need to look at as borne one but his traitorous stab-back that transformed him like one.

Looks like Rabindra's bear and Nehru's Tupi are more sacred to you than lives of 80,000
(Not metaphoric as 3 million Bengali) freedom loving Kashmiries. BTW when was the last time I claimed that Kashmiris should join in Pakistani federation besides asking for their plebiscite? If you can't then who is sheding CROC TEARS here?

Whats up with Rabindra and Neheru???? Neheru was never my favorite anyways..
Look, we Bangladeshi's already gone through a lot. We just dont want to get involved with any foreign conflict and that stand was already eshtablished in a bipartisan manner. If we wanted, we could have taken full Arakan, when Ruhingyas flooded Bangladesh.. If you really want to help somebody you should think of Ruhingyas.... Not Kashmiris..
I dont want to comment on those numbers that you mentioned.. I think Kashmiris just dont deserve a country. If they did they could have joined Pakistan in 1965..

Are you Tiger-77 of Bdmilitary? I see tiger's hallmark in your post and you seem like as cunning as tiger, who happen to digest Indian lies behind nationalistic veneer of Bengali and you are doing same by wondering whether separatist has any support or not. What makes me laugh is the timing of your supposed wondering, especially when 'Kashmiri election card' is in your hand now and can claim over 70% turned out as ALers, Indian dalal's run election in BD has over 100% turn out in some centers . Mahmudur Rahman is the best to divulge that as he does here about Nou ga-6 :-):Welcome to Daily Naya Diganta::).

No I am not tiger-77 but I cant wait to meet him as he received so much admiration from you.. That stupid bdmilitary site does not let me to register, well it did but everytime it sends me a confirmation mail which never hits my mailbox... funny: And by the way find some good read other than Mahmudur Rahman.. just an honest opinion... :tup:

Damn, it seemed like I used less band with through my descriptive posts than your one liner. I became trestles by your dissemination of disinformation and felt like I should vomit rather than responding about JMB issue.

:blah::blah::blah:
Your descriptive posts??Well that's a news:rofl::rofl:

Coming to call MUA a bastard. I not only called him a bastard but also challenged him in a duel like a man to man one. Bastard was metaphoric and it didn't need to look at as borne one but his traitorous stab-back that transformed him like one.

That proves how much Islam you follow.Go ahead.I am sure you will lose in the duel:lol:

In case you forgot what happened during early days of JMB,this is just a simple reminder to be followed with articles.

When JMB in its early days,tortured and killed people,our honorable Prime minister said there is no JMB,despite news reports from the media.

Last edited:
Now let me tell you who patronized JMB. Its so-called founder Abdur Rahman was the brother-in-law of RAWAMY Leader Mirza Azam. And Bangla Bhai was nurtured under the nose of Nur Mohammad when he was DIG of Rajshahi. Furthermore all the ammos of JMB came from IND. And finally its innocent ideologues admitted about getting brain-washed by GOI regulated Madrassa-materials that promoted AKHAND BHARAT ideology.

These are the patrons.Come on its wake up time now.You still seem to be sleeping.

Last edited:
Reining in the Radicals

For three years, a wave of bombings, assassinations and religious violence has swept Bangladesh. Members of the militant Jagrata Muslim Janata Bangladesh (J.M.J.B.) in the north have claimed responsibility for the bombings of cinemas and cultural shows, and for the killing of scores of Hindus and Buddhists as well as Muslims they considered too lax. A campaign of assassinations by bombs saw failed attempts last year on British High Commissioner Anwar Choudhury and opposition leader Sheikh Hasina, and a successful bid on Jan. 27 to kill senior opposition figure Shah Abu Mohammed Shamsul Kibria. Meanwhile, Western intelligence agencies are increasingly concerned about the rise of Islamic extremism. "We were blind on Afghanistan, Pakistan and Indonesia," says a South Asia-based Western intelligence official. "We don't want to miss the signs this time around."

Yet until very recently, Bangladeshi officials flatly denied that the country was a hotbed of militancy and violence. "We have no official knowledge of the existence of J.M.J.B.," State Minister for Home Affairs Lutfozzaman Babar told reporters on Jan. 26. "Certain so-called newspapers have been running reports on it, [but] we have no record that any such group has formed."

Last week, however, the government dramatically changed its strategy. Police announced the arrest of scores of suspected militants in two days; they allegedly included several in possession of explosives and bomb-making equipment, as well as a professor of Arabic named Mohammed Asadullah Al Galib whom Bangladeshi authorities have accused of having ties to militants in the Middle East and Asia. Officials also banned Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (J.M.B.) and the suddenly acknowledged J.M.J.B., accusing these two organizations of "a series of murders, robberies, bomb attacks, threats and various kinds of terrorist acts," and of "trying to create social unrest by misleading a group of youths and abusing their religious sentiments." Police are still looking for Azizur Rahman (also known as "Bangla Bhai" or "Bangla brother"), the man they claim is the J.M.J.B.'s leader. Reflecting the authorities' new attitude, State Minister Babar publicly lamented the failure to apprehend him, saying: "We feel very disturbed and embarrassed about this." The security services announced a border alert for 20 fugitives, including Rahman.

There are several reasons for the change of heart. Law and order, never good in Bangladesh, has deteriorated to frightening levels. Last month, India forced the cancellation of the annual South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) summit, citing poor security in the host city, Dhaka. Islamic violence is also awkward for ruling Bangladesh Nationalist Party Prime Minister Khaleda Zia because her coalition includes two conservative Islamic parties. But the catalyst for the crackdown appears to have been a donor meeting in Washington last week, attended by representatives from the U.S., the United Nations, the European Union and the World Bank, at which the rising tide of violence and Islamic militancy in Bangladesh�and ways to end it, possibly by suspending funding to the aid-dependent nation�topped the agenda. Bangladesh's donors "are very dissatisfied with the way things are heading with respect to security, the economy, corruption and governance," observed Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad, president of the Bangladesh Economic Association, an independent Dhaka-based group.

Critics of the government aren't convinced that it's truly committed to curbing militancy and prosecuting radicals who have been arrested. Hasina spokesman Saber Hossain Chowdhury, who quickly dismissed the government's actions as "too little, too late," voices concerns that Zia's alliance with Islamic fundamentalist groups might make it too difficult for her to control the forces of extremism. "The root of the problem ... lies with the ruling alliance itself," he says.

The government's delay in taking action has also raised concern that violence and radical Islam may already have become entrenched in Bangladesh. In the northern town of Rangpur, police told local reporters that two arrested militants claimed to be part of a 15,000-strong militia aiming to "bring about an Islamic revolution." And talking to reporters while in custody, the Arabic professor Al Galib�who denies links with extremists�warned that any campaign to rein in fundamentalism would fail. "Whether we are hanged or jailed, our movement will continue," he declared. Until last week, that seemed guaranteed. Now, finally, Bangladesh can hope that he is wrong.

Reining in the Radicals - TIME

All 7 JMB Shura men had links to Jamaat, Shibir

Shamim Ashraf

All seven Majlish-e-Shura members of Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh, who terrorised the country with suicide blasts, had once been involved with ruling coalition partner Jamaat-e-Islami or its student wing Islami Chhatra Shibir (ICS).

JMB supremo Abdur Rahman who had been spearheading the deadly militant campaign joined Islamic Chhatra Shangha (now Islami Chhatra Shibir) when he was a student.

Son of an infamous collaborator of the Pakistan army during the Liberation War, Rahman graduated from an Ahle Hadith madrasa in Jamalpur. As his father Abdullah Ibn Fazal of Charshi village in the district was a leading Jamaat leader, he was sent to Madina University in Saudi Arabia for higher education at the party's expense. After a stint fighting against the former Soviet army in Afghanistan, he returned to Bangladesh and formed JMB.

According to sources, Rahman was also a Rokon [member] of Jamaat-e-Islami.

Siddiqul Islam alias Bangla Bhai, Rahman's closest aide and operations commander of Jagrata Muslim Janata, Bangladesh (JMJB), too had a past with Chhatra Shibir.

"I used to support Bangladesh Chhatra League when I was in school. Later as a student of Azizul Haq College in Bogra, I joined Islami Chhatra Shibir," Bangla Bhai said in an interview with The Daily Star in May 2004.

"After completion of my education in 1995, I quit Shibir because by then Jamaat had accepted the female leadership although it had all along been saying that it considered female leadership sacrilege," said the dreaded militant ideologue.

Chief of JMB military wing and younger brother of Abdur Rahman, Ataur Rahman Sunny was a popular Shibir leader in his student life. After schooling at Kamalkhan Senior Madrasa in Charshi Khalifapara of Jamalpur, he was enrolled at Kushtia University, a Shibir stronghold, and soon made a name for his organisational capacity.

On joining his brother's militant outfit, Sunny had developed a network between the activists of JMB and Jamaat-Shibir.

He was arrested along with 18 others at Maheshpur village in Khetlal of Joypurhat in August 2003 after some 150 militants had fought with the police at former Jamaat leader Montezar's house.

Mohammad Rakib Hasan Russell alias Hafez Mahmud, who was held by Rab in city's Baitul Mukarram area on February 28, dissociated himself from Jamaat politics after the party had joined government under a female leadership in 2001.

Private TV channel NTV recently aired a 2003 video footage, where Hafez says he had been engaged in Shibir politics before joining JMB. " As I was not a student, I could not work directly with the Shibir. But I worked for a Jamaat candidate in 2001 election," said the JMB Shura member in the footage taken immediately after the Khetlal incident.

Shura member Salahuddin alias Salehin passed SSC examinations from BM High School in Narayanganj Bandar. As a student of Tejgaon Polytechnic Institute in Dhaka, he got acquainted with Sunny and joined the JMB. He was in charge of militant operations in Sylhet-Mymensingh region.

Like other members of Shura, the top decision-making body, he had been a worker of Chhatra Shibir before joining the now banned militant outfit.

Khaled Saifullah alias Faruq Hossain, who was responsible for JMB in Rangpur-Dinajpur region, was a Shibir activist during his student life. After passing SSC from Kolakhali Zinnat Memorial High School in Pirojpur, he was admitted to Madrasa-e-Aliyah in Dhaka.

He later joined Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami (HuJi) and came into contact with the JMB chief through HuJi boss Mufti Hannan in 1999. His organisational skills earned him a Shura membership in next to no time.

Abdul Awal Sarker, the other Shura member and Rahman's son-in-law, has also been learnt to have involvement with Shibir before he joined hands with his father-in-law. He was responsible for overseeing JMB activities in greater Rajshahi region.

Besides, many of the detained JMB leaders including regional commanders and Eshers [full-time activist] have admitted before the investigators to their past involvement with the Jamaat-Shibir.

The Daily Star Web Edition Vol. 5 Num 680

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@M_Saint

You seemed to be knowing everything about Shibir,you certainly did not know this right??
I know what your future replies are going to be,so no point arguing with you further.As you already said:
"Allah in Quoran clearly says, who don't want to rectify, their hearts have been sealed, ears have been deafed and mind has been made dumb."

I hope you will not be one of them.Thanks.:tup:

About the explosives being brought from India,yes you were right.Abdur Rahman admitted that.

Last edited:
Bangladesh central bank probes 'suspicious transactions' by Islamic militants

DHAKA (AFX) - Bangladesh's central bank has asked the country's biggest bank to explain 'suspicious transactions' at a branch used by suspected Islamic militants, officials said.

The transactions in question were found in several accounts of an Islamic Bank Bangladesh Ltd branch office in the city of Sylhet, said Nazmul Hassan, executive director of the central bank, Bangladesh Bank.

'The transactions violated the anti-money laundering guidelines of the central bank and therefore we asked the bank to explain within 10 days why it failed to abide by banking norms,' Hassan told Agence France-Presse.

There was no immediate comment available from the bank which has more than 150 branches nationwide.

Bangladesh's security forces last week arrested Shaikh Abdur Rahman, leader of the banned Jamayetul Mujahideen, Bangladesh (JMB), after a 33-hour siege at a house in northeastern Sylhet.

JMB, which wants strict Islamic laws imposed in the mostly Muslim but officially secular nation, has been blamed for a series of blasts which have killed 28 people since last August.

Officials said earlier they had recovered a bank book from the house.

Bangladesh central bank probes 'suspicious transactions' by Islamic militants - Forbes.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Islami Bank Bangladesh was finally given a fine in April, but the amount was paltry - only 100,000 taka ($1,488 US). The central Bangladesh Bank also demanded to know what action the Islami Bank had taken against the 20 officials who had been found guilty of assisting the Islamist militants.

Ataur Rahman Sunny's confession statement

In his confessional statement, Sunny disclosed that the huge amount of money required for carrying out militancy in Bangladesh usually comes from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei, Sudan and some other Middle Eastern countries and some Islamic NGOs, and moneyed men of these countries donated the money for establishing the 'Rule of Allah'. His brother used to receive the money for the purpose, Sunny said.

Disclosing the names of some local Islamic NGOs, he has also added that these non-government organisations also supply money for the carrying out militant acts. But the names of these NGOs could not be ascertained. Sources, however, said the intelligence agencies have geared up their monitoring and watch on these NGOs.

The rise and fall of Bangla Bhai

Just an extract:

According to locals — and confirmed by media reports on confessions the sentenced militants have given to security agencies — it was the Sarbahara’s killing of erstwhile junior BNP minister Ruhul Kuddus Talukdar Dulu’s nephew in Baghmara that heralded the rise of the JMB. Unable to rein in the radical leftists using security agencies, the local administration and the local BNP top brass, where Dulu featured prominently, appear to have outsourced the task to a group of willing Islamist militants. Confessional statements prove that the BNP leaders not only funded and armed the militants in Baghmara, they were also given the assurance that they could cleanse the Sarbahara in that region with the active cooperation of the law enforcing agencies. In the first three weeks dozens of young men like Rafiqul and Yasin in the Baghmara-Atrail-Tanore belt were picked up by Bangla Bhai’s men and tortured or killed. Initially, all the Baghmara residents even supported the pogrom, setting up checkpoints at every street corner and volunteering as scouts across the village to prevent a Sarbahara backlash.
‘We don’t deny it,’ says Afzal Hossain, a village elder at Hamirkutsha. ‘Now everyone has forgotten that the Sarbahara would come to this bazaar and announce on the microphone that they wanted all of us to attend a sabha during which they could prove that god does not exist,’ Hossain says. ‘They picked up innocent men and women and killed them, dumping their bodies on the roads — because they had been unable to pay them chanda or because they supported another political party.’

For full article:

http://www.newagebd.com/slate/2007/apr/01.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom