What's new

New video game Operation Morning Glory helps players save India from Pakist

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
New video game Operation Morning Glory helps players save India from Pakistani terrorists and nuclear missiles

1906351.jpg

All you fighter pilot enthusiasts who dreamed of firing mean missiles, doing those daring mid-air flips have got the opportunity of a lifetime: to pilot a IAF Mirage 2000 into enemy territory to prevent a nuclear attack on your motherland. Of course, the opportunity is via a 3D videogame – Operation Morning Glory (OMG) – which was launched recently.

Developed by a startup Augmented Reality and 3D gaming company, Threye Interactive, OMG is the first 3D air combat game based on the IAF. Sameer Joshi, an ex-IAF fighter pilot, is the brain behind the concept and game play of OMG.

“We have always felt that the Indian armed forces are the sturdiest column of our democracy, and somewhere between the mundane and superfluous matter trying to gain attention in our media and public, the glory and saga of our armed forces, who do not have a prescribed propaganda apparatus in place, is not being revealed in laudable light. We at Threye Inc want to contribute in making this ‘wrong’ into ‘right’,” Joshi told dna.

OMG features a simulated situation where the player has a mission to seek and kill terrorists and rebel Pakistan Air Force personnel, who have stolen nuclear assets at Shahbaz AFB (Jacobabad) for use against India.

The player flies as Viper, and IAF pilot with chief as his mission leader in a two aircraft Mirage 2000 formation to destroy the threat to India.

During the course to terminate the enemy, the player will have to cross the Indus Valley of Baluchistan, destroy enemy F-16 fighters, engage C-130s and Mi-17 at the Shahbaz AFB.

The game created by Joshi along with Anurag Rana, Sidhant Rahi and Bharat Nag was created in two months.

“OMG is the first purposeful Indian video game based on the IAF. While there are similar games based on other air powers, there exists a huge void on productions showcasing the competency of the IAF,” Joshi added.

OMG is designed to be multi-platform from the start catering to Windows, Mac, Android and iOS ecosystems.

Link - New video game Operation Morning Glory helps players save India from Pakistani terrorists and nuclear missiles | idrw.org

What has this game gotta do in the 'Indian Defence forum'??? It's just a game, for crying out loud!!

Secondly, the graphics suck! You could be flying anywhere on Earth - probably even Mars! It has no relation whatsoever with 'ground realities'. Just flying through some rocky valley doesn't mean you're flying over the Indus Valley of Baluchistan and bombing the hell out of Shahbaz AFB!

I have far better simulations like Microsoft's FSX, with mind blowing graphics and real flight physics with voice interaction with buddies and ATC etc. And that one is as real as it gets!

This one I'd give 1/10. :tdown:

What has this game gotta do in the 'Indian Defence forum'??? It's just a game, for crying out loud!!

Secondly, the graphics suck! You could be flying anywhere on Earth - probably even Mars! It has no relation whatsoever with 'ground realities'. Just flying through some rocky valley doesn't mean you're flying over the Indus Valley of Baluchistan and bombing the hell out of Shahbaz AFB!

I have far better simulations like Microsoft's FSX, with mind blowing graphics and real flight physics with voice interaction with buddies and ATC etc. And that one is as real as it gets!

You can't compare products made by software giants like MS to something made up by an Indian startup company. It is a fact that India lags behind the western countries in most engineering fields, but we have to start somewhere, right? For the same reason that it is pointless to look at the products of Boeing and those of HAL and comment about inadequacy of the latter, it is pointless to do so with computer games as well. Only by starting with products like these can our software industry move up the value chain. I am glad that a start has been made.

The interest for Indian defence is that the game features IAF aircrafts flying against PAF ones. Granted, it's a game.

BTW, "Morning glory" is the name of a psychedelic plant used recreationally as a hallucinogen.:P

you don"t compare simple arcade like games with well established simulators like mfsx or x-plane 10.

You can't compare products made by software giants like MS to something made up by an Indian startup company. It is a fact that India lags behind the western countries in most engineering fields, but we have to start somewhere, right? For the same reason that it is pointless to look at the products of Boeing and those of HAL and comment about inadequacy of the latter, it is pointless to do so with computer games as well. Only by starting with products like these can our software industry move up the value chain. I am glad that a start has been made.

The interest for Indian defence is that the game features IAF aircrafts flying against PAF ones. Granted, it's a game.

BTW, "Morning glory" is the name of a psychedelic plant used recreationally as a hallucinogen.:P

Aerospace technology =/= game engine technology. Powerful game engines are available for free on the Internet with extensive documentation. This is not the case for HAL.

This effort is pathetic.

In my spare time when I was 16/17 I made a mod for a flightsim that looked and probably played better than this.

Indian companies provide art for many AAA game titles and movies. There is no dearth of technology or ability in India.

Aerospace technology =/= game engine technology. Powerful game engines are available for free on the Internet with extensive documentation. This is not the case for HAL.

This effort is pathetic.

In my spare time when I was 16/17 I made a mod for a flightsim that looked and probably played better than this.

Indian companies provide art for many AAA game titles and movies. There is no dearth of technology or ability in India.

Game engines may be free to download, but the game still has to be developed. If it was that easy to make games, why is it that world class games are not being developed in India? Why aren't Indian army themed call of duties being released, say based on cryengine? Do you see any Indian company making games like CoD or crysis? Or anything comparable? If it is as easy to make games as you claim, why is it not being done?

Because software engineering is also cumulative.

Truly amazed by Indian Air Force pilots
They can fly thru aircraft hangers and fly between bridge columns :tup:

Man i downloaded this last week.

I'm not familiar with air force video games. I enter into F-16 Vally, but not able to locate a single F-16. I can see them in radar but do not know how to vector the plane against it.

New video game Operation Morning Glory helps players save India from Pakistani terrorists and nuclear missiles

1906351.jpg

All you fighter pilot enthusiasts who dreamed of firing mean missiles, doing those daring mid-air flips have got the opportunity of a lifetime: to pilot a IAF Mirage 2000 into enemy territory to prevent a nuclear attack on your motherland. Of course, the opportunity is via a 3D videogame – Operation Morning Glory (OMG) – which was launched recently.

Developed by a startup Augmented Reality and 3D gaming company, Threye Interactive, OMG is the first 3D air combat game based on the IAF. Sameer Joshi, an ex-IAF fighter pilot, is the brain behind the concept and game play of OMG.

“We have always felt that the Indian armed forces are the sturdiest column of our democracy, and somewhere between the mundane and superfluous matter trying to gain attention in our media and public, the glory and saga of our armed forces, who do not have a prescribed propaganda apparatus in place, is not being revealed in laudable light. We at Threye Inc want to contribute in making this ‘wrong’ into ‘right’,” Joshi told dna.

OMG features a simulated situation where the player has a mission to seek and kill terrorists and rebel Pakistan Air Force personnel, who have stolen nuclear assets at Shahbaz AFB (Jacobabad) for use against India.

The player flies as Viper, and IAF pilot with chief as his mission leader in a two aircraft Mirage 2000 formation to destroy the threat to India.

During the course to terminate the enemy, the player will have to cross the Indus Valley of Baluchistan, destroy enemy F-16 fighters, engage C-130s and Mi-17 at the Shahbaz AFB.

The game created by Joshi along with Anurag Rana, Sidhant Rahi and Bharat Nag was created in two months.

“OMG is the first purposeful Indian video game based on the IAF. While there are similar games based on other air powers, there exists a huge void on productions showcasing the competency of the IAF,” Joshi added.

OMG is designed to be multi-platform from the start catering to Windows, Mac, Android and iOS ecosystems.

Link - New video game Operation Morning Glory helps players save India from Pakistani terrorists and nuclear missiles | idrw.org

So now indians have started to develop anti Pakistan video games!

Well its good for them as they have never been able to beat Pakistan in real battlefield so they have started to make games.

Indian & their obsession with Pakistan ..... :cheesy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom