What's new

New Type 54 about to be launched. This is HP #11 and overall #22

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
CAgmZNxUgAAGEsE.jpg

CAgmalJUcAAM0yx.jpg

I feel the best frigate currently in terms of design is gorkshov class frigate,,,simply awesome.

url.jpg

@Deino

Can u ask people on key forums if poliment radar of gorkshov class is a pesa or aesa??

I feel the best frigate currently in terms of design is gorkshov class frigate,,,simply awesome.

View attachment 204680

@Deino

Can u ask people on key forums if poliment radar of gorkshov class is a pesa or aesa??
well, the type 54A, or 054B, isn't really built to be the best in its class, just like the American ships are not necessarily the best in its class, however in terms of slight capability compromise, we have 22 or 24, forgot, of them.

The Americans and us are going for the best in our heaviest class, for us, it would be the 055, for the Americans it would be the Zumwalt and Burke.

An example, Gepard class, Vietnam has, it's a little better than the 056, they have 2, going on 4, but we have 20 now, and will have a lot more when it's all said and done.

Last edited:
I think PLAN resource is more focused on larger DDGs ( 052C/D, 055) instead of the smaller 054 / 056s .
We dont really need the smaller ships to be "armed to the teeth" like the route Russian Navy is going down, we just need them to be cheap and versatile.

The fact Gorshkov Class is the one of the largest surface ships RN built since the broke up of the USSR, and it is much smaller than the Sovremennyy class it replaces, can tell you alot about the design philosophy behind this ship.

Back
Top Bottom