What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Yep guess its the biggest, but the best airport is normally defined by how many passengers comes through the airport, Indira Gandhi at 14million between Jan-May 2011. You guys have to beat that to claim it as the best. :)
It has to beat 14million passengers

Mate, no need to bring India here..pls..
@thread
With an initial passenger capacity of 6.5m, the airport will feature two runways, one Category F capable of accommodating A380s and the other Category E which will handle widebody aircraft, and has room for a third, which could open in 10-15 years. The y-shaped passenger terminal, spanning 185,000sqm, will contain 90 check-in counters, 66 for international and 24 for domestic. On site will be nine airline lounges and a 40-room hotel. It will be one of those airports where there will be no inter- mixing of passengers between international or domestic, departures or arrivals, which is necessary for security reasons.

3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

images are very old on Google earth sir i last few pages there is complete master plan and recent images .

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

this is original master plan

images are very old on Google earth sir i last few pages there is complete master plan and recent images .

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

this is original master plan

aray bhai, this is an old map. look at you guys. you are fighting and not updating. are you really kids, juveniles. under 13?? go to sky scraper city .com, select mehfil pakistan , and the projects thread. you will find all the updates there and please we need to close this thread here because we are not getting "updates here"

the primary objective of defence.pk forum is information sharing. when will kids understand that.

today i am thinking i will go back to Pakistan when its completed and i will land there otherwise i stay here lolz lets see what happen .:shout:

You are right brother. This airport along with Centaurus, World Trade Center Islamabad along with current landmarks like Shah Faisal Masjid, The Monument, and Damn-e-Koh willl make Islamabad like no other city in the world.

U.S. is building its largest embassy ever in this beautiful capital for a reason.

Pakistanis should always protect and treasure this beautiful capital, and we Pakistanis living outside Pakistan will buy more properties and invest more in this beautiful capital after we make more money.

:pakistan:

Mate, no need to bring India here..pls..
@thread
With an initial passenger capacity of 6.5m, the airport will feature two runways, one Category F capable of accommodating A380s and the other Category E which will handle widebody aircraft, and has room for a third, which could open in 10-15 years. The y-shaped passenger terminal, spanning 185,000sqm, will contain 90 check-in counters, 66 for international and 24 for domestic. On site will be nine airline lounges and a 40-room hotel. It will be one of those airports where there will be no inter- mixing of passengers between international or domestic, departures or arrivals, which is necessary for security reasons.

3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Why 66 international check in counter, we only have 40 Int'l flights per day!. Well, maybe keeping future plans in sight, good job.

Why 66 international check in counter, we only have 40 Int'l flights per day!. Well, maybe keeping future plans in sight, good job.
It wont remain the same in the coming year, Emirates and Saudi Arabian recently accounced daily flights from Islamabad

It wont remain the same in the coming year, Emirates and Saudi Arabian recently accounced daily flights from Islamabad

Dammam – Islamabad eff 03JAN12 Increase from 1 to 2 weekly, however Airbus A320 will replace Boeing 777 aircraft
SV886 DMM0515 – 1030ISB 320 26
SV739 ISB1230 – 1435DMM 320 26

Jeddah – Islamabad Nonstop service increase from 2 to 4 weekly, 777-200ER service (up to 6 weekly in Nov/Dec 2011)

Riyadh – Islamabad eff 01JAN12 Increase from 4 to 5 weekly, Boeing 777-200ER operating

humara ana jana hai bhi :lol:

Well, emirates is going everyday to Islamabad, and that too a A330 or B777, huge aircraft. And my father got a job in Emirates so, 90% off tickets, meaning alot of travel through this airport. :cheers:

Islamabad will be seeing lots of 777's in future, the best aircraft ever made, lets hope other airlines dont do that, it will murder PIA, we cant lose PIA, i dont care if its bad or people dont like, its my country s airline and i love it.

When is the due completion date for the airport?

Back
Top Bottom