What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

PIA's truck art decorated meal carts. PIA's Facebook page and memes are all in truck art motifs now.

8eaa3c3042ce2b2b4d214eeaaec2f47e.jpg

edea7ca84aebb7886476ccdd55f671ab.jpg

In Pakistan only Nawaz/N league is efficient and corruption free government. Projects started under PPP, Musharaf etc never finish on time. New Lahore airport is better and bigger then Islamabad one and should be finished in 2-3 years max.

India difference isn't much between one gov and the other but in Pakistan is huge.
yeah i am so happy that both dasu dam (whose funding were arranged by PPPP) and bhasha daam(which was inaugurated by PPPP(hoax though) were completed by PMLN

The best name the airport could have was Islamabad International Airport, glad to hear the name.
As others said this leaves the option open for some other name later. IMHO the best names to be shortlisted should have been either -

• Gandhara International - referance to the old civilization that had such profound legacy that even moved north along the Silk Road to China. It was the connector of civilizations or regions like a international airport is. Between Greece, Persia with pivot Gandhara and China.

• Ayub Khan Internation - like him or not you can't ignore this mans legacy. He was the mastermind behind Islamabad City and the shifting of the capital here. There would have been no capital or international airport here with the late President Ayub Khan. This is a historical fact.

As others said this leaves the option open for some other name later. IMHO the best names to be shortlisted should have been either -

• Gandhara International - referance to the old civilization that had such profound legacy that even moved north along the Silk Road to China. It was the connector of civilizations or regions like a international airport is. Between Greece, Persia with pivot Gandhara and China.

• Ayub Khan Internation - like him or not you can't ignore this mans legacy. He was the mastermind behind Islamabad City and the shifting of the capital here. There would have been no capital or international airport here with the late President Ayub Khan. This is a historical fact.
Both are no doubt good choices, Ayub Khan is one of the few military Generals (FM) and Presidents to be liked by a lot of people, bringing economic stability to the nation.

I was traveling via ISB to Lahore from London in 2008 and I remember the announcement on the B777’s intercom keep repeating the word Benazir, one we got off the plane everyone working at the airport had a badge on with her photo. I don’t want to see someone be glorified like that in the capital’s airport. The airport is the first thing a foreigner will see and it will leave a lasting impression.

Both are no doubt good choices, Ayub Khan is one of the few military Generals (FM) and Presidents to be liked by a lot of people, bringing economic stability to the nation.

I was traveling via ISB to Lahore from London in 2008 and I remember the announcement on the B777’s intercom keep repeating the word Benazir, one we got off the plane everyone working at the airport had a badge on with her photo. I don’t want to see someone be glorified like that in the capital’s airport. The airport is the first thing a foreigner will see and it will leave a lasting impression.

Gandhara would have been perfect. Would have connected with not just the area but the route in general and also would have reflected on the other softer side of Pakistan. Anyway, i am glad they didn't named it after some Politician etc. and hope it do not happens in future as well.

it should be " Fatima Jinnah International Airport",
Fatima Jinnah the First "Ghaddar of Pakistan"

"Pakistan not only means freedom and independence but the Muslim Ideology which has to be preserved, which has come to us as a precious gift and treasure and which, we hope other will share with us.” (Fatima Jinnah)

”Come forward as servants of Islam, organise the people economically, socially, educationally and politically and I am sure that you will be a power that will be accepted by everybody.” (Fatima Jinnah)

and you are calling her "Ghaddar"... Khuda hume hadiat da...

"Pakistan not only means freedom and independence but the Muslim Ideology which has to be preserved, which has come to us as a precious gift and treasure and which, we hope other will share with us.” (Fatima Jinnah)

”Come forward as servants of Islam, organise the people economically, socially, educationally and politically and I am sure that you will be a power that will be accepted by everybody.” (Fatima Jinnah)

Did u miss the sarcaism.

Bro u misunderstood me.
check what General Ayub Khan did with her, and called her a Ghaddar!
thats my point is, that what these dictators did in past in the name of Pakistani Interests.

Please tell me what exactly she did for Pakistan with exception of being Jinnah's sister? Being Jinnah's sister did not give her some royal blood or privilage unless you believe in monarchy. Jinnah also had a daughter. Or are you going to give credit for her for being on side of Jinnah? She was not married. Where else do you think she was going to be.

On the other hand Ayub Khan is the reason why you have Islamabad City, incidentel to that why you have Islamabad Airport along with whole list of other things. Below Ayub Khan with offficials planning the new city 'Islamabad' on what was then virgin farming fields.

@ghazi52 Sorry for detracting from you thread. As a future user of this airport I use it regularly to watch the progress.

57659c3fb6430.jpg

tft-512d-s.jpg

making-of-islamabad-ayub-khan-visiting.jpg

31235483690_1368fb012d_b.jpg

1960s: President of Pakistan Mr. Ayub Khan and his Men at Shakarparian hills after laying the Foundation stone of Islamabad - The New Capital of Pakistan

544289_579726642052418_132402553_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom