What's new

New India Architecture : Temple of the Vedic Planetarium

Are U happy with new Indian architecture ? Was Ancient architecture Superior ?

• Total voters
Great, my maternal grandparents live there too and I have been there a lot of times.
I have visited all the above places you mentioned BHU, Kashi Vishwanath Temple in the BHU campus though isn't it a new temple of Baba Vishwanath the old one is near the Dasashvamegh Ghat(where Modi did some puja soon after he won elections in 2014)?
Have you visited sarnath?

Yup :enjoy:
There is another building ( Something Capital ......) That looks like TOVP .
At the end of the day , Interior and surroundings separate them from others

You missed the point entirely. That temple is an old European design and not a new Indian design. As such even European designs look good, though one cannot claim it to be an Indian design.

It only looks good in renders. The actual temple looks nothing like it. Those glazed glasses will look crap after a monsoon or two. Our ancient temples still elicit awe at their workmanship and grandeur. No one looks at these new buildings and gasps at their beauty.
You are right in the sense that while the ancient architectures survived until they were demolished, these new builds may not have that much durability.
For example this iron pillar was build by Chandragupta in 4th century CE which is rust free even in 21st cent.

800px-QtubIronPillar.JPG

Anyhow the question was not just confined to temple architecture. If you re-read it, it asked "are U happy with new Indian architecture ? Was Ancient architecture Superior"
It seems you are not at all happy.
Just look at the new structures being built by the govt, flyovers, govt buildings, etc etc. An eyesore and bad workmanship if there ever was.
you mean sea shore :-)
index.jpg

You missed the point entirely. That temple is an old European design and not a new Indian design. As such even European designs look good, though one cannot claim it to be an Indian design.

I caught Your drift !!!:cheers:
Yup , But I will say , Its more a mixture/Fusion of Indian and Western Architecture .

Great, my maternal grandparents live there too and I have been there a lot of times.
Thats great,
I have visited all the above places you mentioned BHU, Kashi Vishwanath Temple in the BHU campus though isn't it
Yes it is, I regularily visit this temple as a student of BHU. :cheesy:. BTW I am online from cyber Library, BHU:cheesy:
isn't it a new temple of Baba Vishwanath the old one is near the Dasashvamegh Ghat(where Modi did some puja soon after he won elections in 2014)?
Yes,
Have you visited sarnath?
Yes I have, In my school days, our ultimate destination after school bunk was Sarnath. you will find there ultimate peace (that too when you are bunking the classes. :azn::azn:)

Actually, it is more of an Portugese Catholic Church kind of building.

This is Old Goa Church

images

St. Catherine
pic_church_secat.jpg

This our Tirupathi Temple

070130Tiruju_resize.jpg
Great, St. Simon performed his job perfectly.

Nothing, just praising our Hindu roots, how easily and heavily we get influence by others. Though the original Goa church is much better than this Pandaal.

To be fair it is ISKCON. They are heavily represented by Westerners too, so there will be amalgamation of Western influences with Indian.

Some articles call them JEW Lobby :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, I was not aware of that. Pretty silly of anyone to call them that, though there was some hints about CIA infiltrating ISKCON once upon a time. Poisoning of Srila Prabupada was too hinted at by CIA.

Oh, I was not aware of that. Pretty silly of anyone to call them that, though there was some hints about CIA infiltrating ISKCON once upon a time. Poisoning of Srila Prabupada was too hinted at by CIA.
:o:

Members of ISKCON GBC have always been under the radar of Agencies .
But I love this Guy .....
HH Radhanath Swami

ISKON is deviating away from the Dharmic culture. and will be a religion in itself in 200 years like Jainism and Buddhism. This temples rituals are a proof. The will have Dharmic roots but thats about it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom