What's new

New energy policy to up power generation to 26,800 MW in three years

what i mean that they dont have an excuse for failure now..if they fail it would be worse form of governance, wors than PPPP led govt.
all the educated PML N supporters will have face pam, if that happens..

Please prepare yourself for disappointment, that is all I can say at this point.

its important to undertsand how ecomny works..
yes they can pay it only before 30 june ,how u ask?
out of 500 only 280 is owned by IPPs. they will simply take loan from bank and extend fiscal deficet by 1% for the "current year" as this year extends till 30 june.
also they have place few billiona dditional in next budget
the rest 220 billion will come by bonds and book adjustment, in short means that they will tell "sir, we will pay u dont worry" this would be done for all Gas/oil companies.
the down side is that this will hurt exploration as liquidity will disappears from those companies

you have to understand how business work, business is all done with other people's money. one doesnt sell his property and everything and starts a business. yes they will borrow and most probably print money to pay of debts because tight now our need is not to show balanced books but to move the wheels so money is generated. anyone sane economist will do the same, you cant sit and wait for money to come when resources needed (power) to generate money isnt there

That is a good point, except that running a business for personal gain is very different than running a country to benefit its citizens. Being "Do Numbria" is a plus for the former, but not for the latter.

When Ayub had all the problems with politicians jageerdars and waderas creating problems and do badmashi and not letting him do anything, you know what he did??...he made the biggest badmash of them all Nawab of Kalabagh his governor, next time anyone badmash tried to create problems all he did is arranged a meetings of that mudmash with Nawab shahab...things worked out so good for Pakistan.

you need to see the sincerity of the man, if you cant see it you wont believe in him, i do

the worst part is all the PTIers are praying and willing to exchange all their good deeds for this wish of theirs to come true, "Ya Allah PMLN fails to solve any of Pakistan's problem." this is how pathetic we are as a nation

I wish PTI to do 10 times better than PMLN in KPK so PMLN can do more in competition

Adding 28000 MW in three years is easy peasy if you have enough money.

When Ayub had all the problems with politicians jageerdars and waderas creating problems and do badmashi and not letting him do anything, you know what he did??...he made the biggest badmash of them all Nawab of Kalabagh his governor, next time anyone badmash tried to create problems all he did is arranged a meetings of that mudmash with Nawab shahab...things worked out so good for Pakistan.

you need to see the sincerity of the man, if you cant see it you wont believe in him, i do

Yes, fair is fair. I can wait for him to deliver actual results and judge him on that. I wish him success for sake of the nation.

Please prepare yourself for disappointment, that is all I can say at this point.
i am already prepared..thats why i voted for PTI like most of the people in KPK.
the educated class in KPK 100% voted for PTI, thats why PTI did clean sweep in CITIES like peshawar,Mardan,Swabi,Swat,Abattabad etc

unlike in lahore, fasialabad where PTI was crushed miserably:pakistan:

i am already prepared..thats why i voted for PTI like most of the people in KPK.
the educated class in KPK 100% voted for PTI, thats why PTI did clean sweep in CITIES like peshawar,Mardan,Swabi,Swat,Abattabad etc

unlike in lahore, fasialabad where PTI was crushed miserably:pakistan:

While it is normal to be confrontational in the party politics,

sometimes it is important to come together for the national interests of peace and stability.

While many people look at the loss of PTI in Punjab as a bad thing,

I feel that such a loss in the long term is just normal and rather "educational" for IK and his group.

They will learn and do better job in 2018 election.

Coming back to the topic.

PLMN in Fed, and PTI in KPK is a God sent gift for Pakistan if we are willing to look at the bright side.

Hydro dams may not end load shedding but they are extremely important for agriculture aka food in future.

And most of them are primarily KP, Hazara with few exceptions.

The biggest exception is Kala Bagh damn.

Anyone of you can look at google maps for Kala Bagh.

Decide for yourself how big he lake will be and how many "upstream cities" are from the dam until the water reaches back to Nowshera or Peshawar. Usually the lakes are 20+ miles upstream. You can see that big cities of KP are far more than 20 miles.

Kalabagh Dam Site

Nearby cities:
Daud Khel 20 km
Kohat 75 km
Rang Pur 103 km
Attock 106 km
Bannu 113 km
maibal sharif 120 km
Peshawar 129 km
Islamabad 131 km
Rawalpindi 131 km
Mardan. 139 km

There is a lot of misinformation about this project like cities that are 100s of km away will be submerged.

And PTI can help remove some of it to the point that the whole nation of Pakistan will see that we need such dams if don't want to go hungry 30 years from now.

If we don't have power, we suffer in the heat of summer

But

you all can't even imagine if we don't have food to eat.

30 years from now our population will be perhaps 400 million (at the rate we are making babies).

How are we going to feed them if there is no water in the irrigation canals

Just like 30 years ago, we were doing monkey business instead of planning for the future electricity

Now we are doing monkey business and 30 years from now we'll not have enough water to grow enough food.

Please

let's quit doing this monkey business. PTI and PLMN are not important. Our beautiful country is. Our nation is.

All the parties must work together to make our country a prosperous one.

Thank you

with on excepti

While it is normal to be confrontational in the party politics,

sometimes it is important to come together for the national interests of peace and stability.

While many people look at the loss of PTI in Punjab as a bad thing,

I feel that such a loss in the long term is just normal and rather "educational" for IK and his group.

They will learn and do better job in 2018 election.

Coming back to the topic.

PLMN in Fed, and PTI in KPK is a God sent gift for Pakistan if we are willing to look at the bright side.

Hydro dams may not end load shedding but they are extremely important for agriculture aka food in future.

And most of them are primarily KP, Hazara with few exceptions.

The biggest exception is Kala Bagh damn.

Anyone of you can look at google maps for Kala Bagh.

Decide for yourself how big he lake will be and how many "upstream cities" are from the dam until the water reaches back to Nowshera or Peshawar. Usually the lakes are 20+ miles upstream. You can see that big cities of KP are far more than 20 miles.

Kalabagh Dam Site

Nearby cities:
Daud Khel 20 km
Kohat 75 km
Rang Pur 103 km
Attock 106 km
Bannu 113 km
maibal sharif 120 km
Peshawar 129 km
Islamabad 131 km
Rawalpindi 131 km
Mardan. 139 km

There is a lot of misinformation about this project like cities that are 100s of km away will be submerged.

And PTI can help remove some of it to the point that the whole nation of Pakistan will see that we need such dams if don't want to go hungry 30 years from now.

If we don't have power, we suffer in the heat of summer

But

you all can't even imagine if we don't have food to eat.

30 years from now our population will be perhaps 400 million (at the rate we are making babies).

How are we going to feed them if there is no water in the irrigation canals

Just like 30 years ago, we were doing monkey business instead of planning for the future electricity

Now we are doing monkey business and 30 years from now we'll not have enough water to grow enough food.

Please

let's quit doing this monkey business. PTI and PLMN are not important. Our beautiful country is. Our nation is.

All the parties must work together to make our country a prosperous one.

Thank you

with on excepti
but provincial govt make such large dams. they cant receive funds from donors and dont have the power to give sovereign grantees
also the PML N govt is laready creating hurdles for KPK, they have refused to release the royalites and also refused to give provinciaql share in electrcity that was decided (i.e electrcity by population)..
out of share of 1700mw (out of 11500mw; 13%) KPK is only receiving 1100mw.
this includes the full owned provincial hydro power of swat 86mw
at moment KPk is producing over 4000MW from hydro power.

industries are thus suffering more in KPK thaan any other province..

PTI cant suceed in province unless FATA issue is solved and PML N doesnt play dirty politics

PTI cant suceed in province unless FATA issue is solved and PML N doesnt play dirty politics

yeap. Right on!

This is why it is extremely important to forego this $tupid ethnic/provincial backstabbing.

We'll all win together, and also (hopefully not) loose together.

peace

PTI burger trolls are not welcome in this thread. You can go and blabber somewhere else with trolls of your kind.

Thats a very stupid comment. I would say if you do something good, let it be criticized.

With the way global situation is, energy security is very important. So any government, in this case, your favorite PML-N must ensure they have policy in place to generate energy from local resources.

It has proved over the last decade or so, that providing reliable and cheap electricity is not possible on imported fuel. We could be saving about 10 billion dollars if we can convert our current capacity to coal power. It could be long shot but it is worth considering.

We need dams. We need them badly. we have not built a sing big reservoir in the last 50 years. Thats not good for the development of the country.

Thats a very stupid comment. I would say if you do something good, let it be criticized.

With the way global situation is, energy security is very important. So any government, in this case, your favorite PML-N must ensure they have policy in place to generate energy from local resources.

It has proved over the last decade or so, that providing reliable and cheap electricity is not possible on imported fuel. We could be saving about 10 billion dollars if we can convert our current capacity to coal power. It could be long shot but it is worth considering.

We need dams. We need them badly. we have not built a sing big reservoir in the last 50 years. Thats not good for the development of the country.
bhasha dam has started good allocation this year..
dasu dam can be started with help of world bank, if the govt follows the rules and bureaucracy doesnt mess up it

real game changer are akhori and munda..due their short construction period of 5 years vs 10 yrs of bhasha
munda will help eliminate terrorism in FATA its huge dam and cheaper to make. donors can be arranged for it easily due to its location in FATA. we need strong political will

ok.. it's two years now. show me results. how many Megawatts are added to national gird ?

I remember the day like it was yesterday, under the blistering sun after his winning speech..Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mian Mohammad Nawaz Sharif urf Kadu, changed to his work clothing (a brown langooti and white bunyan), tied the 80 gauge Aluminum power cable to his waste and start walking from his Raiwand residence towards Motorway, his intention to run a heavy power cable from KPK to Karachi.

dawn-kish-silhouette-of-a-man-climbing-a-high-power-electric-line-tower-california.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom